Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I make and receive calls in my Versa 3?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

can i make a phone call from my watch or do i need a special app 

can i ring a abulance from my phone

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there @goosse, welcome to the Community Forums. I'll be glad to answer your inquiry about making calls on Versa 3.

Please note you cannot make calls directly from your watch, however, if paired to an iPhone or Android (8.0+) phone, Versa 3 lets you accept or reject incoming phone calls. If your phone is running an older version of the Android OS, you can reject, but not accept, calls on your watch.

To accept a call, tap the green phone icon on your watch's screen. Note that you can't speak into the watch—accepting a phone call answers the call on your nearby phone. To reject a call, tap the red phone icon to send the caller to voicemail.

The caller's name appears if that person is in your contacts list; otherwise you see a phone number. For more information, see: How do I get notifications from my phone on my Fitbit device? 

Note you will be able to take calls soon in a future update. Please keep an eye out for it. 

Let me know if there's anything else I may help you with.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
22 REPLIES 22

Hi there @goosse, welcome to the Community Forums. I'll be glad to answer your inquiry about making calls on Versa 3.

Please note you cannot make calls directly from your watch, however, if paired to an iPhone or Android (8.0+) phone, Versa 3 lets you accept or reject incoming phone calls. If your phone is running an older version of the Android OS, you can reject, but not accept, calls on your watch.

To accept a call, tap the green phone icon on your watch's screen. Note that you can't speak into the watch—accepting a phone call answers the call on your nearby phone. To reject a call, tap the red phone icon to send the caller to voicemail.

The caller's name appears if that person is in your contacts list; otherwise you see a phone number. For more information, see: How do I get notifications from my phone on my Fitbit device? 

Note you will be able to take calls soon in a future update. Please keep an eye out for it. 

Let me know if there's anything else I may help you with.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

So you can confirm there will definitely be an update for the versa 3 in which you can answer the call and use the built in speaker and microphone to talk?  I was hoping so, as the hardware is obviously there. 

I have just brought a versa 3 and I’m so disappointed and feel a little mislead in terms of advertising as I can’t actually speak through the watch currently when conducting a call 😔

Best Answer

Yes, specs all said built loudspeaker but can't take calls on versa 3.

Even my Huawei honour magic does this well.  Disappointed in Fitbit.  I sure hope there is new software otherwise I will have to send it back.  Not equal to advertising.

Must say I love the rest of watch.  Really very slick.

Best Answer

Taking calls on the fitbit is definitely coming. The press release says:

"Stay connected with a range of smart features for added convenience, including a built-in speaker and microphone to take calls and reply to texts with voice commands"

However, there's a footnote to that comment in the press release that says:

"Available when phone is nearby. Bluetooth calling and volume control coming soon"

I've not seen anything that's more explicit than "soon" so we need to just wait a while.

Best Answer

Fitbit says on the verse 3 you can make and receive phone calls, but is this a feature becoming available with Google only Assistant? As it does have the built-in microphone and speaker, and everything that I read said Alexa may be compatible but that it was going to be released when the Google Assistant was released... So does this mean that you have to use the Google Assistant in order to make a receipt phone calls or will it just be released at the same time so that way I can still use the Alexa assistant?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Does the answering feature will come soon? Otherwise I can change the phone.why I have to pay more?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Will this be available for the iPhone?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I feel mislead on the music and phone aspect of the versa 3.   But my ionic refused to run again after the Dec. 4th update.   So had to get another and read the apps incorrectly apparently.   

Best Answer
0 Votes

My husband and I bought two versa 3 last week.  His phone will receive calls and he can talk over it.  Mine won't, it just accepts the call on my phone.  !!???

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you.  Glad to know it's not just me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You have to go into settings, best thing is to google, I have had mine almost a week and still setting it up now, have you got your microphone turned on in your settings on your Fitbit?

Best Answer

Hi,

I just bought a Sense. 

Why you can only receive a call but cannot make one using Alexa or Google?

Is this feature coming?

It’s being quite a disappointing customer experience so far. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the Versa 3 and wanted to do the same thing that’s why I bought it as previously had the blaze and wanted newer model so chose this over Apple Watch (got a good deal on Versa 3 basically new) however the google assistant does say it’s a feature coming soon so they need to pull their finger out before I go apple instead 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Has this been updated yet?  Can you actually have a phone conversation via the versa yet?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got the versa 3 recently and now (6months after this post) it does seem that this feature has been activated to answer calls directly on the watch, is there a way to make calls on it that I can't figure out or is that part still on the way? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I get a notification of a call coming in and can accept or delete, but can’t actually take the call on it,have to pick up the phone. Haven’t done any more research on that, wish it would work.

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the versa 3 and you CAN answer a call and talk through the watch as well as quick replies for text messages.  That's the reason I purchased the watch to answer calls from it.  Works with no problems as long as your phone is nearby

Best Answer

I know this reply is late but you can answer calls and talk through the watch on the versa 3.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The versa 3 you can answer and talk through the watch

Best Answer