Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I set up WhatsApp notifications on my Versa 3?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I recently gotten my versa 3 but I have been playing around with it and I don't know how to connect my whatsapp from my huawei phone to my fitbit. Could I message back through there? or how do I respond through whatsapp?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Braveloa95 I understand how annoying this can be. 

If you're getting this exact error message “Notification service is not running. A phone restart is required to re-enable notifications on your tracker”, please note that we’re aware of it and are working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible.

We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

To allow you to see Whatsapp notifications on the Versa 3 watch you need to activate Whatsapp notifications in the Fitbit app.

You can interact to the Whatsapp notifications using quick replies (you can configure those in the Fitbit app) or by using voice replies.

You can configure this in the Fitbit app - profile icon on the left upper corner - Versa 3 - notifications - app notifications.

Best Answer

Hi there @Braveloa95, welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for your input @chielmi

Since you're setting up notifications, you'll need to receive a message from the app desired in order for your app to show it as option in your Fitbit notification's section. For example, tell someone to send a WhatsApp, then check your Fitbit app and you'll see that WhatsApp is already an option to be selected. For more information, see How do I get notifications from my phone on my Fitbit device? 

Regarding quick replies, they are automatically turned on for any supported apps that send notifications from your phone to your Fitbit device. 

To receive and respond to messages from your device, your phone must be nearby with Bluetooth turned on and the Fitbit app running in the background. To use the microphone in Versa 3 to respond to messages, in the Settings app, make sure the Microphone setting is turned on. For more information, see How do I respond to messages with my Fitbit device? 

Let me know if you have any questions present. 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

When using my mircophone replies on my fitbit  whataspp it says on the screen that its unavailable something is wrong. However I tried to reply on it once and it worked but it typed incorrect words so i tried again and when i did it would let me do it again

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Braveloa95 Please make sure, as mentioned above, that your phone is nearby to your watch with Bluetooth turned on and the Fitbit app running in the background. To use the microphone in Versa 3 to respond to messages, in the Settings app, make sure the Microphone setting is turned on. For more information, see How do I respond to messages with my Fitbit device? 

Best Answer
This is a reaccuring thing. I connect my phone and my notification to my
WhatsApp works but after a few hours it would just disconnect say that
notification service not running please restart even though its within the
range and if I restarted it would still say the same thing. So i would just
delete and redownload the app. I keep doing this 3x a day. It's getting
really annoying
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Braveloa95 I understand how annoying this can be. 

If you're getting this exact error message “Notification service is not running. A phone restart is required to re-enable notifications on your tracker”, please note that we’re aware of it and are working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible.

We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have an issue that WhatsApp notifications come up but I am unable to read it or respond.. tried resetting both Fitbit and my iPhone…. Why wouldn’t it work?? Just got it today. 

Best Answer

Thank you for the assistance!

Best Answer
0 Votes