Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 3 is stuck on swim mode

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My v 3 is stuck on swim mode and won't clear unless I do a reset.  This just started yesterday,  it didn't do this before the resent update. Is it related? Having to reset each time is really annoying 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

To unlock the water lock and pause the Swim Mode. Try a double tap of the button. The water lock feature was added with the latest firmware. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
40 REPLIES 40

Hi there, @Zippy16. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Versa 3 before reaching out. I understand how annoying this can be. 

The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected.

We hope your issue is solved soon. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

To unlock the water lock and pause the Swim Mode. Try a double tap of the button. The water lock feature was added with the latest firmware. 

Best Answer

Apparently so my Fitbit versa three was working just fine before the update I was doing swim laps and it would come out of water lock just fine now I have to reset.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This was very helpful, thank you. I kept reading to double tap the screen. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have exactly the same problem since the latest software update. I am having to reset my watch after every swim. I did a full factory reset thinking that would solve the problem, but it didn't

Thanks for this. I will give it a go next time I go for a swim. It seems to work 'out of the water'

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

Unfortunately the double tap is what worked before but doesn't now.  Have to hold the button in for about 20 secs or more until the fit bit logo comes up before you can end your session.  Only had it a month so a little bit disappointed at this point 😕 

Thanks I will do shortly. Only had it a month and it was great until this so a bit disappointing at the moment  

JuanJoFitbit_0-1629216793602.png

Best Answer

I also had to hold the button to reset after my swim this morning. Double tap did not work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

With a double tap of the side button, while in the swim recording mode. What happens @Amyk631?

A double tap while on this screen will turn off the water lock. 

1624323381258566019073203794435.jpg

And bring the user to this unlocked screen 

16243236067714595830066751247030.jpg

From here press end to exit or resume. 

The a screen pops up with a sumary of the swim. 

1624324002306316137728296476345.jpg

The user can swipe to the bottom of this screen and press done. The user may also tap the button once, or swipe to the right to exit. 

Best Answer

Thanks for replying @Rich_Laue . That is the sequence of screens I see when I run.

Absolutely nothing happened when I double tapped after swimming. The timer continued until I held the button in to reset. (after 8 minutes of tapping the button, the screen, & having others google a solution since I don't carry my phone when I work out).

I'm swimming again tomorrow & hoping it was a glitch & works correctly then.

Best Answer
If you double push the button on the side really quickly in succession it seems to work.  If you are too slow it doesn't.  Worked this afternoon after a swim.  
Best Answer

Thank you @Zippy16 . I will try that when I swim again tomorrow! Maybe I was too slow 🤷

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes @Zippy16 that is why I say it is a double tap. Each tap can be no longer than the tap of a letter on the keyboard. 

Best Answer

Double tap is not working for me either, it is very frustrating as I normally swim everyday and I have to have several tries over a few hours before it actually resets and then my swim is not recorded. I do hope Fitbit is looking into this I really regret buying my Versa 3 and not sticking with Garmin.

Best Answer

To reset should require holding the button in for 12 seconds. A quick double tap should not cause a reset. Maybe you will want to contact fitbit. 

Each tap should be no longer than a tap, like on the phones keyboard, and the taps should be within a second of each other. 

Best Answer

@Rich_Laue  I made sure I double pressed faster today & it worked perfectly. Thx again!

@Zippy16  I must have been too slow because it worked perfectly today! Thx for the advice!

Best Answer

What button? The indented button on the left only brings up Alexa for me. Am I missing something?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes it is the inverted touch button on the left. 

To bring up Alexa, the user needs to hold on the button. 

To exit Swim the user has to give two quick taps of the button. 

Best Answer

Thanks for this - the quick double press works fine for me

Best Answer
0 Votes

thanks So much. I have now tried this and it has revolutionised my swimming again. 

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer