Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't open notifications on my Versa 4 anymore

ANSWERED

It used to be I would get a notification on my watch, I would open it, scroll down and click "open" and the application that sent the notification would open.  So, I get a text, watch vibrates, I open the notification on my watch, scroll down, click "open" and the messages app on my phone (Android. Pixel 6pro) would open up with that message I was notified about displayed.  

No I click "open" and nothing happens.

How can I re-enable this?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there, @jtpryan. Thanks for stopping by in the Fitbit Community Forums and for the details provided in your post. I will be glad to help you with your text messages that won't open anymore on your Versa 4.

As a first approach, have you checked if the "Preview Messages" have been enabled? Since you have an Android phone, then you need to change a setting in your message app to enable the preview of the message. If you haven't done so yet, try the following:

1. Open your "Messages" app on your Android device.
  2. Go to "Settings."
  3. Click on "Notifications."
  4. Make sure there is a check mark next to "Preview Message" 
Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

Hi there, @jtpryan. Thanks for stopping by in the Fitbit Community Forums and for the details provided in your post. I will be glad to help you with your text messages that won't open anymore on your Versa 4.

As a first approach, have you checked if the "Preview Messages" have been enabled? Since you have an Android phone, then you need to change a setting in your message app to enable the preview of the message. If you haven't done so yet, try the following:

1. Open your "Messages" app on your Android device.
  2. Go to "Settings."
  3. Click on "Notifications."
  4. Make sure there is a check mark next to "Preview Message" 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarreFitbit thank you for your reply. Yes, " show all previews" is checked off. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@jtpryan I'm glad to hear that your issue is now solved. 

I would like to invite you to visit our Health & Wellness where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes
@MarreFitbit Sorry, you misunderstood. It is *not* solved. I checked the
settings and preview is turned on, but it still doesn't work. When I
select "Open" on the watch, nothing happens on the phone.

--

Jim Ryan

©¿©¬
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem, messages won't open. When I click open, they give me a message that says "link sent." I'm on a Pixel 6, and the previews are turned on.

1000017335.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem. My search for a siolution shows that this a\ppears to be a common problem with the majority of Versa 4 owners. And yet, Fitbit nor Google refuse to acknowledge this problem and never addresses this with at least a statement that they are working on it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have a Pixel 6 pro.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Walk away from Fitbit. Doubt Google has any interest in fixing this problem as they would rather you buy their more expensive Google watch. I will never buy another fitbit product again.

Best Answer

I'm extremely happy with the product overall.  I'm not throwing the baby out with the bathwater over a minor issue I don't really use all that much.  I was just curious about it.  The response I got was 2 min after I posted.  No, it wasn't correct but then my wording could be misunderstood.  I mean, comon, I paid $150 for my Versa 4 years ago and have never had a real problem.  Holds a charge for 5 day at least and always synch's.  I get my steps, sleep, heart info. You won't replace it elsewhere for less then $400 I bet.

If a year from now I see your prediction was correct I'll revisit it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got the versa 4 yesterday. I'm having the same issue. Can't few messages and the link icon shows up

Best Answer
0 Votes