Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google have ruined Fitbit

Ever since I've signed in via Google, I've had nothing but problems. I can't get notifications from my phone. I spent an hour and a half sorting it out on the chat bot. Got it up and running and not an hour later it dropped out.

Now they have ruined the sleep app. It's awful. 

On top of that the dashboard on Google Chrome has disappeared. 

I've had a fitbit for 8 years and this is the first time I have seriously considered getting something different, the tracker is fine, but the app and support has given me nothing but trouble.

FIX IT!

PS the reason I'm writing this is because there HELP chatbot told me that it would be read by Fitbit and my comments taken into consideration. Lets see shall we.

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

My dashboard has disappeared too!

Best Answer
Was told that they were working on it!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I got told they were working on it. 

Best Answer

Having exactly the same issues. I have to open the app and tell it to sync and it is not measuring sleep after wearing it all night!

Best Answer

Fitbit issues continue to grow, presumably as a result of continued involvement of Google.  One must assume it is a product line they are simply not interested in.  Fitbit Charge 5 stopped working after 18 months, I was happy to receive a discount for a Fitbit Versa 4.  But did I make a mistake? Repeated attempts to sync data lead to me being asked to disconnect the old Versa 4 (It's new) and re-connect the new one.  Sleep data won't sync.  I guess I can wait until next Tuesday to find last night's sleep data.  Will they fix the issue? I would imagine it would be easy to sync the devices since my phone is a Google Pixel.  I love it when companies have dual products that don't recognize each other.  One would think the employees in each department could meet at the water-cooler and iron out the problems. Is there actually a water cooler in Mountain View or are they just drinking Kombucha and eating seaweed?  Come on, people, make this work or change your line of work and do bridge repair.

Best Answer

I'm convinced that Google just bought Fitbit so that they could do away with their competitor. They weren't going to be able to buy all Garmin or any of the other big brands. Fitbit was going under so they bought them out. The charge2 watches the screen breaks off after about a year. It's a known issue. They've admitted to many they know the glue stops holding. They won't replace it they don't cover it after the warranty at all.  All they want to do is give you a 25% discount but it's only good for 30 days 🤦 like someone who just spent $250 wants to buy a new one a year later. I've had multiple Fitbit products and issues with most of them but in the last few years they've gone down hill in product quality as well as customer service. I hate the idea of losing all the data stored with them for a new company but I have been actively looking at other brands. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have to charge it daily now, instead of weekly.

Best Answer
0 Votes