Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 4 Issues ( Google wallet integration + No music controls + No Google assistant)

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Many community members have reported these issues (and many others with Versa 4), but I am going to put together the most important missing features I think are a deal breaker for a smartwatch. I hope Fitbit/Google can respond positively and make them available at some point in future.

I specifically bought Versa 4 because of Google wallet integration, but that integration is misleading and messed up. First, I have been using Citibank card in Singapore for years with GPay (and now Google wallet) without any issues, but the same exact card can't be added to Versa 4 (because internally Versa 4 is still using Fitbit pay which doesn't allow this particular card). Second, once you add a card, then you can't add any other cards because Google wallet app will crash when opened from within Fitbit app. Now, I am stuck with Versa 4 which doesn't even work with my credit card, and I still have to pull out my phone for payments.

I can understand that Versa 4 doesn't want to have in-watch music, but removing even the music controls is beyond my understanding. During a workout, its much more convenient to just play/pause songs or change playlists through the smartwatch instead of pulling out the phone for such basic controls. Just a weird decision that has significantly lowered user experience with Versa 4.

Finally, being owned by Google, I cannot comprehend why Amazon Alexa is available but not Google assistant. I am very much invested in Google ecosystem for many years, and now I can't access my calendar, reminders, etc. through my watch since Alexa doesn't know anything about me!

Google is trying to promote Pixel watch with such features, but what a disappointing strategy if I just want to have a basic smartwatch with good health tracking! If these missing features are a deal breaker for you also, then I would suggest to either buy the more expensive Pixel watch, or move to Samsung/Garmin smartwatches.

Moderator edit:  updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Your preaching to the choir @harisjavaid 

When I setup Googke pay, the setup process simply added my cards from GPay on the phone, to my Versa 4. 

The process was so simply, I was pleasantly surprised that it worked. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

For me, one of the credit cards works in GPay app on my phone but still can't add that one to my versa.

Best Answer
0 Votes