Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 4 doesn't support music feature

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am very disappointed that the new versa 4 I just received does not have music apps like my versa 2 did.   Are you going to update this so I can use pandora and Spotify on my versa 4.  If not.... I will return and get an apple watch.    I would never have upgraded if I had known that music apps would not work 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
36 REPLIES 36

Versa 4 has few apps that it supports and it no longer supports music apps.    Versa 4 will not support barcode app which is great to store gym membership card on your fitbit.   Versa 4 is not worth the money.   Way less functions than my Versa 2.  Garbage 

Best Answer

Hi @Liltommy4u.

There doesn't appear to be any mention of music capabilities on the product page or in the user manual. So until Fitbit officially responds to this we can only assume that the feature has been dropped. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

I own a Versa 2 and was looking forward to an upgrade but the lack of music controls is a deal-breaker for me. I created a Feature Suggestion in hopes that Fitbit actually pays attention to users and restores the feature. However, the pessimist in me thinks Google removed this feature - and a few others - to push users towards the forthcoming Pixel watch. It's incredibly frustrating. 

Best Answer

It would have been better to just discontinue the smart watch line than reduce it to such a sorry state. My wife has already returned hers and my Son has cancelled his order.

Maybe others should take a similar approach as I think it's the only way Fitbit/Google will listen. 

Best Answer

9to5google has confirmed that versa4 & sense2 lack onboard music storage and music control. So if you feel the need for that, better get an aw.

Best Answer

An Apple Watch isn't an option for those of us with an Android phone. 

Best Answer

Or for those of us who don't wish to be tethered to a charger. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Best Answer

Maybe. But removing such features actually put Fitbit in an awkward position, considering their past devices in the lineup have included them.

Best Answer

Perhaps a better recommendation would be a Garmin Venu 2. It has all (and more) of the health tracking/features of the Versa 4, upto 9 days battery life and can be enjoyed by both Apple and Android users. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Best Answer

Venu 2 is a neat device with epic battery life. It comes with some smartwatch essentials but is not a fully functional smartwatch, though. So then it depends on what one really wants.

Best Answer

It seems that, for the most part, watches don't multitask well. They're either excel at Fitness tracking or at being a smart watch. They can do both, but they shine in one area over the other. I would love a simple, non-smartwatch with all of the fitness tracking features of the Sense 2 over the pseudo-smartwatch that Fitbit released.

Best Answer

I agree. Upgraded from a versa 2 to a versa 4. Got the versa 4 yesterday. I should have stuck with the Versa 2. Not having Spotify/music is a huge disappointment. Struggling to justify why I paid for the Versa 4? 

Best Answer

It's a deal breaker for me, too. I can't have a watch without music controls. 

Best Answer

I second your message above. It's very unfortunate they took this away. I was very close to switching to Apple but had a Fitbit representive convince me to try the Fitbit Versa 4... Great sales guy... except I received it & there was no music control/removed spotify. As a coach I need to have access by wrist (not phone) to control that for my role... big disappointment indeed. Contacted fitbit today to return the watch. 

Best Answer

Check out the Garmin Venu 2 Sq, the music edition looks awesome. The most probable outcome is that Versa 4 won't receive any feature update, aside from Google wallet and Maps (coming soon, they say). Don't get stuck with this watch like the rest of us that can't return it.

Best Answer

I purchased a Garmin Venu 2S. I've had it for three weeks and I absolutely love it. It has music controls and it supports Spotify. It's worth checking out. I'm very happy with my switch to Garmin. You can also import some of your activity data (active minutes, weight, and steps) from Fitbit and import it to Garmin Connect, so you won't have to start from scratch unless you want to. 

Best Answer

I have owned this garbage versa 4 for e months and they have not issued any updates.   There are no apps that work including no music .. no bar codes..no nothing.   Do not buy this garbage 

Best Answer

I am disappointed that I cannot get Spotify on my Fitbit. Considering the cheaper models literally have it.

Best Answer

Extremely dissatisfied in the fact that the newest fitbits do not have 3d party apps. If this doesn't change. I will not be supporting fitbit any longer.

Best Answer