Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 4 constantly showing "press the left button twice and tap 'payments' to pay"

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Since a few days, I receive approximately 5 times per hour the notification: 

"press the left button twice and tap 'payments' to pay"

This is at random moments, and I didn't push a button or wanted to pay with my Fitbit. Even when I'm inactive. Does anyone know how to solve this unwanted notification? 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

This is the worst. It pops up all the time and I can't get it to stop. I contacted FitBit support and they said it was a known issue but there is no fix for it. I'm ready to throw my watch in the trash!

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit community, @Maartbus and @amolsen!

To get rid of this constant prompting for Google Wallet, I'd suggest reconnecting your devices to your accounts and setting them up from scratch. To do so please follow theses instructions:

1.) Remove your devices from your phone's Bluetooth settings.

2.) Force quit your Fitbit apps.

3.) Restart your devices by pressing and holding the side button for around 10 seconds until the Fitbit log appears on the display.

4.) Tap on your profile picture in the upper left corner of your Fitbit app's Today page.

5.) Tap Set Up a Device.

6.) Select Versa 4.

7.) Follow the guided instructions to set up your devices.

Talahthas, Fitbit Community Council
Charge, Charge HR, Blaze, Versa, Versa 2, Charge 5, Versa 4, Aria, Aria 2, Pixel 4a, Pixel 7
Best Answer

I gave this a try....

Unfortunately it dit not help much.

What now?

Other options?

Best Answer

Thank for you for your suggestion. I also gave this a try but unfortunately it doesn't help. If anyone else has any suggestions; they are more than welcome! 

Best Answer

There is no solution to it. But there is work around. If you use the screen awake feature, it wont show the tap to pay notification or very few. I love to use my watch to track my health but I am so close to throw it away. Or sell it to some other user who can keep up with this crap. Never buying fitbit pay or any google hardware product. lol

I think its google way of saying bye bye FitBit, hello google watch.  Never buy Google hardware..

Best Answer

Thanks! I'm going to give this a try. The constant notifications are driving me crazy! Glad it's not just me. 

Best Answer