Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 4 doesn't support music feature

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am very disappointed that the new versa 4 I just received does not have music apps like my versa 2 did.   Are you going to update this so I can use pandora and Spotify on my versa 4.  If not.... I will return and get an apple watch.    I would never have upgraded if I had known that music apps would not work 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
36 REPLIES 36

Have to throw in another vote of 'no confidence' for Fitbit. I admit I didn't research enough before upgrading from Versa 2 to Versa 4, but who could have expected such a giant step backwards as no third party music interface...at all. Nothing.  It's a deal-breaker for me if something isn't addressed soon. I don't even see any response here or elsewhere from Fitbit. 

Best Answer

I’m very disappointed in the versa 4 not having music controls. I’m a fitness instructor and use the music controls while teaching and in my personal workouts. May be returning the versa 4 and stick with my versa 3. 

Best Answer

I was about to hit "buy" on Amazon for the new Fitbit Versa 4 and was so excited. Luckily I read a review beforehand that said they got rid of the music feature. Can you still control the music at all through the watch?

Best Answer

Fitbit does support music controls for spotify at least it just appears as a notification instead of a direct app to control music 

Best Answer

Oh interesting! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah Spotify appears as a notification and then you can play pause music through the notification 

Best Answer
Can you actually switch between songs though?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah you can press play next track or previous track

Best Answer
0 Votes
The versa 4 does not play music

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S22+ 5G, an AT&T 5G smartphone
Get Outlook for Android<>
Best Answer

You can still control music played on ur phone through the watch

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Levky - if you want to use notifications to change Spotify tracks on your phone, wouldn't it be simpler to just use the phone?

The native Music controls on a Versa 3 allows you full music control on the watch including changing volume for any music playing on the phone, not just Spotify, as @Liltommy4u says this is missing on the Versa 4.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

I'm just going to toss out another full-throated endorsement for the Garmin Venu 2 line. I purchased the 2S in lieu of another Fitbit and I couldn't be happier with the switch. If you can return your sub-par Fitbit, I'd suggest giving serious consideration to Garmin. My last Fitbit was a Versa 2, and with the Garmin Venu 2S, I've upgraded to a device that has built-in GPS and battery life that's on par with my Versa 2. I still have full control of music on my phone from my watch, and I could even store music on it if I wished to do so. It's fantastic. 

Best Answer
I'm definitely leaning that way! Garmin looks great.
Best Answer

Found your post as I was wondering how come I couldn't play music on mine! Aww mann..this sucks. I've been using my Fitbit Blaze for 5years with a music feature. I didn't even think to check to see if Versa 4 had, because I assumed it did...surely. I'm so glad I didn't trash my Blaze. I guess I'll need to still use it.

Totally feel your disappointment. 

----------------

Fitbit Blaze was quite capable. I hate that they discontinued the line. Mine still works, but it's starting to give inaccurate results. So, I thought I was upgrading to Versa4. YIKES.

Best Answer

I recently read something that it works with Alexa... so if you have your music account linked with Alexa (this is not a free option through Alexa, for iTunes), you can speak to your Versa4 using voice controls to control your music. However, you also need to have your Alexa app running in the background in order for the Versa4 to work with it lol. Such a mess! 😣

Fitbit....WHY did yall do this lol?

Best Answer

Hi @TaiMc  - did you know that if you are unhappy with the watch Fitbit have a 45 day refund policy or possibly authorised dealers too, some stores provide 14 to 30 day refunds.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree! Just got a versa 4 for my bday, and was bummed I could not do spotify like my son can on his versa 2. And you think google would discount this new watch with out the third party app capability. But of course, they dont. Money grubbers! Google update the versa 4 so third party apps are available!

Best Answer
0 Votes