Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 4 is constantly receiving payment notification

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My versa 4 has started sending constant notifications to double press the left button then tap payment, any idea how to stop this. Been on to help and they say they are working on it. Tried restarting phone, redoing app and changing clock face but nothing is stopping the notifications. Any help much appreciated 

Moderator edit: clarified subject.

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

Welcome to the Fitbit community, @Shep05!

Sad to hear that your Versa 4 isn't working as expected. Please try restarting your device by holding it's side button for around 10 seconds until the Fibit logo appears on it's display.

You could also try if a Factory Reset would fix this issue. To do so, first sync your device with the Fitbit app to not lose any tracked data. Then open the Settings app on your Versa 4. Next swipe to About Versa 4, select Factory Reset and confirm.

If that won't work for you, please contact Fitbit support to get further assistance:

Fitbit Support Contact 

Talahthas, Fitbit Community Council
Charge, Charge HR, Blaze, Versa, Versa 2, Charge 5, Versa 4, Aria, Aria 2, Pixel 4a, Pixel 7
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also having this issue. I tried your “fix” but it started again about 3pm today and buzzes every 10 minutes or so. It is EXTREMELY irritating and is affecting my battery life. 

Best Answer

I tried uninstalling everything for 3 days and reinstalled it only for the same thing to happen, nothing seems to work, trying to get a replacement watch

Best Answer

Thanks for your feedback, @Shep05, although that's not what I had hoped to hear. And thanks for having invested your time trying to get everything up and running again.

I'll keep my fingers crossed regarding a replacement device.

Talahthas, Fitbit Community Council
Charge, Charge HR, Blaze, Versa, Versa 2, Charge 5, Versa 4, Aria, Aria 2, Pixel 4a, Pixel 7
Best Answer
0 Votes

Do you have any NFC chips nearby? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also having this issue. I have tried restarting my device multiple times, updating the app and device, and even a factory reset, but my fitbit Versa 4 is still incessantly showing the 'to pay, double press...'. I spoke to customer support for an hour but unfortunately we got nowhere. It makes the device unusable sadly as it's so constant 

Best Answer

Us to…. Wife is very annoyed it’s a paper weight for now… and not a good one.

Best Answer

I was constantly on at them and they have finally sent me a replacement. No other 'fix' worked, I even stopped wearing watch for a week and uninstalled the app but as soon as I put it back on the problem started again. The only 'fix' is a replacement 

Best Answer

I’m having the exact same issue ongoing for MONTHS! Support won’t do anything to help. I just keep getting the run around. I’ve asked for a replacement twice so far this week and they keeping saying they’re sorry but there’s no fix. It’s absolutely ridiculous that they won’t take responsibility to replace their defective product. I’ll never purchase a Fitbit again after this. 

Best Answer

Also the product is under warranty. I’ve only had it for about 8 months. The issue started at just a couple months in. So the fact that I can’t get them to honor their policy and start a warranty claim is absurd. 

----

Doesn’t work 

Best Answer
0 Votes

We just purchased 2 Versa 4 and my husband’s is getting the double tap to pay notifications when I text, call or for no reason.. 

we have tried all the suggested fixes and no luck. Next step is to return it 

any suggestions before going down the road to returning it?

Best Answer

If you can….man I’d return it, they asked me to send it in but the support person Julian who might just be AI wouldn’t advise if they were repairing it or returning it or refunding only they would respond in 48 hours (no follow up after 7 days)… I’d seriously look at an Apple Watch. That’s what I bought my wife this was a **ahem** Fitbit and no support.

Best Answer