Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery drains fast after last update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I never had an issue with my versa until I did the update a few days ago, now my battery doesn't keep a charge for half a day. I've done everything that you have mentioned and nothing. Whatever was in the last update screwed up my versa!

Best Answer
92 REPLIES 92

Yes, they sent me a replacement  

Best Answer
Wow! That was nice of them! I didn't get that offer so fortunately mine
started working better!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi. I have the same problem after I did the update some days ago. Tried the trouble shooting tips you gave in prior posts, but without succes.

Thanks for the feedback

Deborah 

Best Answer

I just updated my fitbit versa last week, and now too my battery drains very rapidly. I did the restart and it still didn't help. Is there anything else that will solve this?

Best Answer

This. 

From 4-5 days to 30% usage per 24 hours. 

I knew it was too good to be true. 

Best Answer

I have followed all the trouble shooting steps, even reset to factory settings, but my Versa is a mess. 

If I turn my fitbit off, I can often not even get it to turn back on after a few seconds.

This is ridiculous. Fitbit, how about you either reverse the update or fix the issue, I cannot use my device at all!

Best Answer
I’m finding that forcing my Versa to power down and restart after every charge helps it to last three to four days, but if I forget, it only lasts 8-12 hours. Fitbit is not correcting the issue, but are giving 25% of the price of a new Fitbit to customers with bad Versa watches. This is absurd and I’ll be switching to an Apple Watch 6 when they come out. Fitbit is not taking care of their customers anymore. I’m not taking the chance on getting another lemon and this is their only waterproof watch.

Challenges are what makes life interesting and overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.
Best Answer

It only lasted until the next charge then it went back to crap.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Versa got black lines, then flickering screen, then no screen (but still logging to the  app so minimally useful), now battery dying within 8 hours. Worked perfectly until I updated it. 

Heap of expensive junk, I’m also thinking of getting the Apple Watch.

Best Answer

If Fitbit doesn't know how to look after their customers then I'm sure their competitors will be glad to do so.

Best Answer

They proposed my a replacement or a 50%discount when I buy a new one. I'm not eager to accept a replacement because they are refusing to guarantee me that the replacement versa will work after/with this new firmware. They don't even bother to accept that they caused this mess in the first place... I requested a new offer. Waiting for their answer

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well it's been months since the Versa turned to junk. ( october update?)     SO to preserve battery - turn of  sync  don't wear at night ( besides it will mess up your wrist)  no music,  no connect to phone or gps.    . don't use any other functions..  yay steps - sort of... SO   now have a $200 watch that dies unless i am daily vigilant... AND   ZERO response from Fitbit.  Fortunately studies show these type of watches don't really help anyway.  So... maybe an apple watch or garmin or maybe i just go for a hike run or ride and the heck with this tech

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too, did all that, still draining, never had this issue before updating 

Best Answer
0 Votes

same here, have tried everything you recommended, still gets drained by the end of the end. if i leave it at 100% before going to sleep, by morning its drained. this is unacceptable

Best Answer
It’s too late for mine. I did a factory reset and bricked my Versa. The support team told me it was my fault because I did a factory reset and they didn’t tell me to do that. I highly recommend that you don’t do the factory reset for any reason.

Honestly, I think these bad updates are intentionally designed to force us to purchase new products with the offered 25% off coupons. Fitbit is not supporting their products or their customers with good service. I’m switching to Apple products.

Good luck getting them to do anything! Even if they send you a replacement device, it will have the same issues with no warranty. It’s not the watch, it’s the updates that are bricking the devices.

Challenges are what makes life interesting and overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.
Best Answer
Mine started getting better after I turned off the Reminders to Move, Quick
View and I do not keep my app open unless I am using it. I have a new
update available which I refuse to do.
Best Answer

I completely agree with you! i had the same issue and got also from them a discount but only on older models and versa 2 which im definitely not buying because im scared that the same thing will happen again...Im glad im not alone in this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Lucky you. 🙂 I got nothing from Fitbit. I powered off my Versa yesterday, and 0% battery left few hours later. I should consider to switch to other brand. 

Best Answer

Yo le hice la actualización el 28 de agosto y me ocurrió lo mismo después de la actualización, resultó con problemas de la batería, dura aproximadamente unas 3 o 4 horas y se descarga totalmente, y también ha dado otros problemas que nunca me había dado, había funcionado todo muy bien, ya le hice todo lo que indican y no ha funcionado.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yup me too. Have done the troubleshooting, changed the clock face, restarted, all of it. Nothing but trouble with this Charge 3, thinking it's time to give in and switch to a smartwatch. 

Best Answer