Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't log into the Fitbit app on Android

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have android (galaxy 9+) I downloaded the app was working to set u everything, now I try and log in says error not valid password or email, everything is correct. It logs on to my online dashboard.

This has been frustrating to say the least, if not resolved just going to return it. Yes I restarted phone etc.. This is not my first smartwatch.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
20 REPLIES 20

@MY3SONSDD It's great to see that you've visited the Fitbit Community! Sorry to hear that you can't log into your Fitbit app. Which option are you using (Join Fitbit or Log In)? Could you share a screenshot of said error? Please try uninstalling and reinstalling the Fitbit app from the Play store and use the credentials that have worked online.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer

Same here.... Cannot log in on Android.  OK on pc

Best Answer

I have deleted the app and reinstalled.  Password/email not work.  Works on pc.  Also did the force stop. Nothing working.  Need it to work on my phone.

Best Answer

I have done all of the above as well & can't login.  I get the same message username or password incorrect, but I can access on my PC.  I need the app to work as well to participate in the challenges I've been invited.  HELP!

Best Answer

@areeves99 It's great to see that you've visited the Fitbit Community! Sorry to hear that you can't log in and for the late reply. As before I would like to know if you are using the Join Fitbit option or the log in option. Also could you share a screenshot of the error mesage? Finally make sure that the app is up to date on your phone. Additionally please let me know which phone and which OS version is it running.

I look forward to your reply!

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am using the login option since I have an existing account & it previously worked.  I have the most up to date version of the Fitbit app because ai have uninstalled & reinstalled multiple times trying to get logged back in.  I have a Samsung 8+, Android 8.0.0 OS.  i don't want to create a new account & lose my history....Screenshot_20181210-212613_Fitbit.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have this exact problem too. I've reset on desktop and re-installed the app. I know my user and password are correct because I use a password manager and it works on desktop. Is there no solution? - oh, just found that it works on phone reboot

Best Answer

@dave1992 Welcome! It's good that the community is growing! 

Thank you for your inquiry and sorry for the late reply. Happy to hear that you were able to fix the issue and thank you very much for sharing what you did to fix it as it may help other members in the same situation.

Let me know how it goes.

Best Answer
0 Votes
  • I have a galaxy 9 and am unable to login to the Fitbit app on my phone .  Was working fine earlier and now it gives and error saying Fitbit.com unavailable.  I've uninstalled, reinstalled,  turned off wifi and bluetooth, and rebooted my phone.   Still won't login.   I'm able to login to Fitbit.com via the internet however.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Have same problem, input fields wint acceot data on android smartphone.reloaded app, no change , works on pc. Spent 3 hrs with support staff yesterday still not resolved or recieved promised email update, very poor service.

Best Answer

Shoukd add support staff did not even know service was down! I had to find out from another web site and had to inform them. Very unprofessional and coukd have saved me three wasted hrs., not happy. New versa 2 my third fitbit, shoukd gave known better.

Best Answer

I have same issue. Using Android app v3.13, click on Login... On next screen email and password fields do not allow input. They are "dead" fields that do not allow entering information. Trying on Moto Z4 running Android 9 with latest Moto security patch installed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me, too. I cannot login from May 11th 2020

Best Answer
0 Votes

@phamvtuan Welcome to the Community. Sorry for the delay in my reply.

Let me help you with your issue logging into your Fitbit account. Are you getting any error message? If so could you share a screenshot of said message? Also have you tried troubleshooting this issue? Try restarting your phone and then retry the login. Also make sure your phone has enough internal memory.

Keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My post seems to have disappeared but I fixed it by clearing the Fitbit app's cache and data. Hopefully nothing got lost.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Nikborton It's great to see you in the Community! 

Really happy to hear that you were able to fix this issue and thank you for sharing what you did as it may help other members in this thread.

I'll be around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just hit a variant on this--my Samsung G10 was insisting that fitbit.com wasn't available.  I didn't think of a reboot at first because it started happening after an update-initiated reboot.

Best Answer

@LorenPechtel I hope you are doing fine.

It isn't clear if the restart helped resolve the issue or if you are still having problems with your Fitbit app. Please let me know if you still help about this.

I look forward to your reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I no longer use the Fitbit. Nothing worked.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer