Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot add personal music to Versa 2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am having a nightmare adding personal music from my laptop onto my new versa 2. So my versa 2 is paired fine to my phone and all working fine, but when I try to add personal music I cannot seem to connect my versa 2 to the Fitbit Connect app.....

I have downloaded the Fitbit Connect app on my laptop as instructed, but before I can add music it says I need to pair a watch. There is no option here to 'pair' a versa 2. Rather, it says I need to pair the versa 2 via my mobile instead? But I cannot seem to download Fitbit connect on my mobile directly, and it is already paired via the original fitbit app?! 

Please help, I feel like I am going round in circles! I'm being sent back and forth between my laptop and mobile!

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

@SunsetRunner It's great to see you on the Community. Thanks for the details mentioned and the troubleshooting tried. 

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing this with your Versa 2. When transferring music to your Versa 2, you will need to do it from your computer using Fitbit Connect, it's not possible to add music from the mobile phone. Your Fitbit app will be only for syncing and receiving notifications. 

I would like you to confirm that you're following this procedure to download music and podcast to your Versa. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Silvia

Yes I follow the instructions and download Fitbit Connect to my laptop successfully. However when I open the Connect and try to log in and 'set up a new device' it won't let me add a Versa 2 via the laptop itself (only some older devices). Then I cannot add music because it says that will only work when I have a watch paired to my Fitbit account (via mobile). This is why I feel I am being sent around in circles between my laptop and phone! The versa 2 is added fine already to both my phone and my fitbit 'dashboard' on my laptop, but I don't know how I can add it to the Connect app!

Thank you for your help!

Em

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ah Silvia I think I figured it out! I think I might have been logged in via Facebook on one app and by email on another. I just logged out of everything and logged in to it all via email and it seems to be working! Thank you again for your help, Em

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner Thanks for getting back. I'm glad to hear that you logged in via Facebook and you logged out of everything and then back and it started working. 

Hope you can continue enjoying your Fitbit Versa 2. 😀

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes