Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coupon for Pebble owners

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is there a chance that the $50 offer for Pebble owners on the Ionic will be extended to include the Versa? The Versa actually looks nice (it looks a lot like a Pebble Time Steel, actually), and I can see myself swapping out my Charge 2 for this. 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Kennewickman Hey! Welcome to the Fitbit Community.

That's a great question! The Pebble discount that was offered is exclusive to Ionic. It will not apply or be valid for Versa. 

UPDATE: 6/4/18

Hi, everyone! 

Previous Pebble watch owners who qualified for a discount were emailed on 5/23/18 for a discount offered on Versa/Ionic watches. 

If you have any questions regarding this discount, please contact Customer Support for further assistance. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
103 REPLIES 103

@Kennewickman Hey! Welcome to the Fitbit Community.

That's a great question! The Pebble discount that was offered is exclusive to Ionic. It will not apply or be valid for Versa. 

UPDATE: 6/4/18

Hi, everyone! 

Previous Pebble watch owners who qualified for a discount were emailed on 5/23/18 for a discount offered on Versa/Ionic watches. 

If you have any questions regarding this discount, please contact Customer Support for further assistance. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow. That's too bad. Hopefully Fitbit changes their mind on this. 

Best Answer

Agreed, I'd buy a Versa if I could get the discount, and that's coming from someone very unhappy with Fitbit because of the huge quality issues on my Charge HR band so I switched to a Pebble, and we know how that went.

Best Answer

This would really be a massive disappointment if true!  In other words: we warmly embrace Pebble owners, and want to welcome them into the Fitbit family, as long as they don't want the product that's actually like a Pebble.

...BUT if you want to buy the underselling one that costs more for features you don't want, we'll give you enough of a discount to make it still not be a better deal than randomly walking in off the street and buying a Versa.

For more on this topic, see the definition of 'UNvitation'.

Best Answer

I'm commenting to see if fitbit changes their minds on this. I'm a former fitbit user who moved to pebble when fitbit support left me stranded only to be dropped by fitbit again.

Best Answer

Thats a shame, any chance they are going to unlock fitbit pay for the non special editions? Or change it so we can get it in more than the two colors, I would really like it in black with fitbit pay, but that isn't possible in the US at this time (kinda cheap to up charge in the states for that btw...)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi AlessFitbit, a fellow Pebble Sub-Reddit member mentioned that the terms of the offer that Fitbit actually made us agree to in order to qualify for the offer reads as follows (bold-italics added by me).  At the time of the initial announcement this only included the Ionic, so it would make sense to mention it specifically at the time and not also mention the Versa.  But the below sure sounds like the Versa should be included as of now.  Can you please look into it and get back to us?  This is pretty important for a lot of people right now seriously considering making the leap of faith from Pebble to try the Versa.

Do you agree to the terms of the Pebbler Fitbit Discount program? *
Users with a Pebble smartwatch are eligible for the Pebbler Fitbit Discount, which offers discount pricing on Fitbit devices compatible with Fitbit OS. Eligible users will receive—via email—a unique link or code, redeemable at fitbit.com, after their eligibility is verified.

Best Answer

Hi @Kennewickman, until @AlessFitbit gets back to us about the follow-ups I'd suggest unmarking this as having been 'Solved'.

Best Answer

Yeah - I didn't mark it that way. I don't like message boards that do this, but it appears that I was able to unmark it, since I see so much action here, and that I also noticed that the wording said it was for "Fitbit devices compatible with Fitbit OS" -- which I assume was written up before the announcement of the Versa?

I don't know -- but I think they would sell a few more (guaranteed one more for sure). I know I do not like the Ionic. 

Best Answer

@Kennewickman @SenorBeefmuffin I'm sorry, but there aren't any discounts that will be applied or offered to Versa. As I mentioned before, the Pebble discount was exclusive to Ionic only. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

So $50 off your most expensive watch that frequently drops down $30-40 on Amazon without a coupon? I'll pass.

Best Answer

@AlessFitbit I think someone at some level within Fitbit is making a mistake here.  How far up the chain have you run this?  It would be really nice if it just turned out to be a misunderstanding.  This specific issue is on the radar of your CEO and what you are saying above does not seem to be consistent with what we've heard repeatedly.

I listened to the Q4 earnings call, and heard Mr. Park describing the strategy for the rolling out of the Versa, and something tells me breaking widely publicized promises to a group of highly active and vocal prospective users, who could be converted into hardcore loyal customers, is not what he'd have in mind.

Is the Versa being sold at a loss?  If not, giving up some margin on some relatively small number of units to bring on-board fanatics who own multiple devices (I personally own ~20 smartwatches) and who tend to evangelize and support an active user community entirely by our own efforts, seems like a worthwhile idea.  Not unlike offering discounts to developers.

Are you sure you don't want to go make super sure that this is the official Fitbit position on this, all the way up to the top?  If you don't, I'm sure several hundred of us could try to check with James Park directly via Twitter... but that would be far less convenient.

Best Answer

@SenorBeefmuffin Please stay tuned on this thread. If this offer is extended to include Versa I will make sure to announce that here and provide any updates. Thanks! 

Best Answer

the 4 day battery is not as good the pebble 2, but this watch does interest me. $50 discount for pebble users would probably push me to upgrade. I would have to agree with SenorBeefmuffin I did evangilze others. 2 others in my family ended getting a pebble 2 even after Pebble was sold. They knew good and well before they bought it . If things turn out well with the Versa you can bet I would recommend it to others. The pebble community is very loyal, the $50 discount might just be enough to bring some on board. 

Best Answer

Tagging this thread as well.  I love my Pebble, and am eager to find out about this

Best Answer

@Kennewickman @SenorBeefmuffin @AlessFitbit @MarcelBK

I didn't know this discussion was already happening here when I posted the same suggestion

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Open-The-Pebbler-Fitbit-Discount-to-the-FitBit-V...

Fitbit should really listen to the Pebble community and extend the discount to the Versa. 

I support all the previous comments.

@AlessFitbit @MarcelBK please escalate this request.

Best Answer

OK thanks @AlessFitbit - hopefully soon.  There's a potential pre-order burning a hole in my pocket if I am able to use my code for it.  I know the same is true of many others who are deciding whether to take a chance on the Versa or just buy another new Pebble Time Steel for when their current ones die.  *With* the Pebbler discount a Versa would still be a little more than a PTS... but I'd definitely be willing to try it.  Without the discount... not sure.  At least not while my Pebbles are all still serving me well.

Best Answer

@Dooh I love your avatar.  Nipple forever!

Best Answer

The Ionic is a great leap forward for fitness smart watches, but I dont need anything as complicated. I like the simplicity of my Pebble 2 and would never buy an Ionic or even an Apple Watch on this basis. Then the Versa was announced and with the bricking of my Pebble I thought all my prayers had been answered. I'd already signed up for my loyalty voucher and then I read this... disappointing. Please Fitbit think again and support a community that will continue to support you going forward!

Best Answer