Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit OS 4.0.2 - Firmware Release (68.9.15)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 10/30

Hi, Versa Smartwatches family,

We're happy to announce that Fitbit OS 4.0.2 (Firmware Version: 68.9.15) has now gone out to 100% of all users. Please download it if you haven't already. 

We always recommend keeping your watch and the Fitbit app up to date on the latest versions to have the best experience. 

Fitbit Update: 10/9

Hi everyone,

We’re excited to announce the release of Fitbit OS 4.0.2 (Firmware Version: 68.9.15). 

We've begun releasing this new firmware to customers. This is a progressive rollout which means everyone will receive it at different stages until it has been completely released to all users. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. 

*Firmware releases are not distributed based on region or location and can reach anyone no matter where you reside. We do not recommend performing a factory reset to force the update to your device as your data will be lost and you may not get the update. Please be patient and wait until you see the update banner inside of the Fitbit app to begin the firmware download.

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

This release includes bug fixes and improvements.

HOW DO I UPDATE?

Step by step instructions for updating your Versa can be found here

To update Versa Lite Edition, leave on all-day sync and let the Fitbit app run in the background on your phone. When the update is ready, you’ll see a notification in the Fitbit app.

If you run into any trouble updating your Versa or Versa Lite, I recommend reviewing these troubleshooting tips

We appreciate your patience while we work to roll this out to everyone. 

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hey, everyone! Just wanted to thank you all for your participation in this thread. 

Since the majority of Versa series users have successfully updated to Fitbit OS 4.0.2 (68.9.15), we have decided to close this topic from further comments. 

If you still have not updated your Versa to OS 4.0.2, check out this help article for how to update your device. Please complete this update so that you're prepared for the next release. 

If you are experiencing an issue with your Versa unrelated to the firmware-up process, I invite you to start a new topic on the Community Help Forums or find a related topic. 

Thanks for all your feedback and contributions on this thread. We're looking forward to bringing you all the next Fitbit OS update!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
677 REPLIES 677

Thanks for the update. What are the actual change notes beyond "bug fixes and improvements"?

Best Answer

Does this address the elevated heart rate readings that the engineers have been working on since 2018???

Best Answer

I just updated the firmware and my versa now has a permanent glow in the background washing everything out.

I tried restarting and it’s still there.

Im gonna try a factory reset.

Best Answer

I just got the update today. Updated. Checked everything. No issues. Notifications worked only sometimes before update. My phone isn't on the compatible list, so things are iffy. No changes in the way they work. My alarms are still working. I was able to change clock faces with no issues. Sometimes I get the looking for device, but had that before. Syncing works the same as before too.

Best Answer

Will this fix the notification issues?  I've got all but snap chat.  I have to have my phone on silent so it's essential that I can get notifications to my fitbit - all of them,  not just some of them.  It's really frustrating.  Android users are being ignored or being told to try stuff we've already tried 100 times.  We've all already gone in to see if it's been set up properly and the delete and reinstall for all apps involved but it doesn't work.  Answers is what we want,  not being fobbed off with "we are working on a fix but no time frame is available " not good enough.  These devices are expensive and should work 100% of the time 

Best Answer

I received the notification of an available new tracker software update.  I immediately installed it and notifications are back!  Congratulations to the Fitbit team for such a good work, it has been a long wait but finally we have versa on track again.

Best Answer

I installed the firmware update on my Iphone 7. I have restarted my phone. I have the phone within inches of my Versa. My husband sends me a text message and the screen on my Versa stays dark. There is NO vibration or indication I have received a text, which is vital for me at work as my phone is on vibrate and close by but not seen. 

However, with the firmware update when I lift my arm to view the screen and then slide down, the text message is now there. First text message I have received on my Versa since September 20th. But it has to vibrate and show!! I have gone through for the fifth time, the steps to get notifications and all is set correctly. Will there be a fix for this coming quickly I hope?!! Someone please help! 

Best Answer

Go to your notification settings and "on" always vibrate then you'll have your versa vibrating again.

Best Answer

I did that.  Didn't do anything for mine

Best Answer

Who knows,  nothing changed and the 4.0 is being trickle released.  The update this morning wasn't the 4.0 update that was just a tracker update,  not the app itself 

Best Answer
Where is always vibrate? I can’t find it in the Fitbit app or in the
settings on the iPhone 7. On the watch itself my vibrations are set to
“strong”. Where can I find always vibrate. My settings are set to always
get notifications.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I downloaded the new Fitbit OS today and I’m still not receiving text notifications.

Restarted, disconnected from Bluetooth, and followed other existing troubleshooting steps and still no text notifications from my iPhone.

All other notifications are coming though, just not texts.

Best Answer

It’s better, but still pretty bad.

1) Factory Reset

2) Deleted device, restarted FitBit app

3) Added device and updated 

4) Had remove from Bluetooth setting and restart app to sync

5) Firmware update

After the firmware update there a washed out glow to everything, but less intense than the first time I updated. 
However, the interface is extremely slow. Sometimes my versa won’t respond to the first gesture.

I might reset and not do the firmware update. It hard to use my watch now.  That’s disappointing. 

Best Answer

I tried that.  Nothing changed 

Best Answer

After the recent Dashboard stuff-up am very concerned doing the firmware update as I no longer trust that Fitbit developers have our best interest in mind when doing these supposed upgrades (Totally stuffed up downgrade to the app).

I still have an iPhone 5s so I am unable to run the new ISO as 13 in not supported for older phones, I feel with Fitbit latest track record on upgrades this could could be the end of my Versa and app working.

Best Answer

@graker 

@MattFitbit

I just received the notification to do the firmware update and I'm also very concerned about doing the firmware update especially after all the issues the other firmware had.

I'm running on Android (Samsung Galaxy S7 Android version 8.0) and there were a lot of issues with the app updates as well.  

My Versa is receiving all notifications and syncing correctly since the 3.7 update and I want to keep it that way and not have an unusable product.

I think I'll hold off and see what other Android users experience and what issues they experience. 

Best Answer

This update seems to have removed the auto-sleep mode for notifications. Do I have to now put my watch in and out of sleep mode every night? 

Best Answer

I did the firmware update & now I can’t get the left button to bring up my wallet to pay for my groceries! The screen show “Select shortcut, press and hold left button to activate - Fitbit pay - music controls - quick settings” but you select the Fitbit pay & hold the button but nothing happens. Please help

Best Answer

Thanks very much for the update  

Just updated my watch and I am extremely surprised for the best. 

First, Hebrew characters in notifications are shown (which is a very nice addition, this is something that I have been waiting for so long, thanks 😁) .

Also, unlike the main compliment in the previous update, this time notifications are working, and basic watch functions are working great. 

Some things I did noticed:

1. After the update, when trying to setup the function of the long press on the left button didn't work. I had to go to settings to set the button's function.

2. Although the unocode characters appear in the notification body and in the notification header,  the title still shows "? ????" marks instead of the text.

3. The Hebrew text still appears from left to right instead of right to left (although it is already better than the translation that we had in android ) 

4. Arabic language still appears as "?? ??" (don't use Arabic, but I thought it would be great if it worked since there is such a high demand for that) 

5. The emojis on the quick replay appears as black box's. (Also it seems that I can't see emoji anywhere at all. It's always a black box) 

6. It seems that the quick replay don't really work any more . I tried to send several messages in different ways and it says "message is on the way" (which is nicer than before BTW) but still nothing happens in the end. 

Thanks, 

Yossi 

Best Answer