Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit OS 4.1 - Firmware Release (70.7.14)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 1/9/2020

Hey, Versa Smartwatches family!

I hope everyone is enjoying the start of the New Year. Before the holidays, we released this firmware out to 100%.

If you still don't see the update for Fitbit OS 4.1 (70.7.14) because it's brand new or perhaps was gifted to you for Christmas, please continue syncing the watch and make sure you have all-day sync turned on. You will soon after see the banner prompting you to update to this firmware.

Thanks for your patience and hope you continue enjoying this update! 

Fitbit Update: 12/5

Hi, Versa Smartwatches family!

We’re excited to announce the release of Fitbit OS 4.1 (Firmware Version: 70.7.14). 

We've begun releasing this new firmware to customers. This is a progressive rollout which means everyone will receive it at different stages until it has been completely released to all users. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. 

*Firmware releases are not distributed based on region or location and can reach anyone no matter where you reside. We do not recommend performing a factory reset to force the update to your device as your data will be lost and you may not get the update. Please be patient and wait until you see the update banner inside of the Fitbit app to begin the firmware download.

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

The update includes a variety of new features and enhancements, including: 

• Smart wake: Smart wake will gently begin to wake you with subtle vibrations during the optimal part of your sleep cycle (during light or REM) within a 30 minute window prior to your pre-set alarm. This allows you to wake up feeling refreshed. 

• Clock face switcher: You will now be able to store up to five clock faces right on your device and quickly change from one to the other using the new clock face switcher.

• On-wrist Sleep Score: The score will now be available in the on-device dashboard that can be accessed by swiping up from the clock face. You can still see it alongside your sleep data within the Fitbit app after you sync.

• Exercise app improvements: The redesigned Exercise app will now display all 20 workouts in a new streamlined list on your wrist. 

• Battery notification: When your battery is running low, a new feature will automatically disable notification vibrations and if on, the always-on display on Versa 2 to preserve your battery life. 

• Agenda app: A new Agenda app allows you to see your calendar right on your wrist. 

For more information on the new features included in Fitbit OS 4.1 check out this article. You can also check out our press release

HOW DO I UPDATE?

Step by step instructions for updating your Versa/Versa 2 can be found here

To update Versa Lite Edition, leave on all-day sync and let the Fitbit app run in the background on your phone. When the update is ready, you’ll see a notification in the Fitbit app.

If you run into any trouble updating your Versa, Versa 2 or Versa Lite, I recommend reviewing these troubleshooting tips. If you have any issues after completing the update, when in doubt, try a restart on the watch. 

How to restart your watch:

1. For Fitbit Versa, press and hold the back and bottom buttons until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen. For Fitbit Versa Lite/Fitbit Versa 2, hold the back(left) button for 10 seconds.
  2. Let go of the buttons.

We appreciate your patience while we work to roll this out to everyone. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone! I just wanted to thank you all for your participation in this thread.

Since the majority of Versa series users have successfully updated to Fitbit OS 4.1 (70.7.14), we have decided to close this topic from further comments. 

If you still have not updated your Versa to OS 4.1, check out this help article for how to update your device. Please complete this update so that you're prepared for the next release. 

If you are experiencing an issue with your Versa unrelated to the firmware-up process, I invite you to start a new topic on the Community Help Forums or find a related topic. 

Thanks for all your feedback and contributions on this thread. We're looking forward to bringing you all the next Fitbit OS update!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
624 REPLIES 624

After upgrading today, every time my phone syncs to my Versa, the watch reboots and shows the fitbit logo. Hope it's just me.

Best Answer

I updated my firmware on my Fitbit Versa today. My battery was full before I began the update. My Fitbit shutdown and won’t power on now. I’ve tried holding down each button, combinations of buttons, briefly and for multiple seconds.

Anyone else experiencing this behavior?

Best Answer

hi 

i had  a fireware  update but its not  70.7.14    its  35.70.14    is wish i  got  today 

Best Answer

Update: Called Fitbit support and was able to get my Versa restarted. Needed to hold the left button and bottom right button for 10 seconds. My Versa is back up and running!

Fitbit support advocate Michael is awesome!

Thank you,

LodiGuy

Best Answer

Same here.  Just finished the update and Versa 2 appears to be completely dead.  Won't respond to any input what so ever.  

Best Answer

The 10 second hold worked!  Back up and running!  Thanks for posting that.

Best Answer

Updated today. Everything works well! Thank you, fitbit! 

Best Answer

I just received a message saying there is a firmware available for my Versa... since the last update caos, I'm not sure to do this one... Do you think it is a good one? I will wait for your comments and then I will proceed based on your recommendation.  Thanks in advance for taking the time to reply me...

By the way, I have a Versa and my phone is a Samsung Galaxy S8

Best Answer

I hope I don't have to wait weeks to get this update.  I was late to get the last update and had no problems at all.  I really want the new feature that allows for up to 5 watch faces to be stored on device...

Best Answer

Updated my Versa 2 today. Heart rate monitor stopped working and it now crashes and reboots every few minutes. Is there any way to roll back to the older firmware? This one clearly was not tested. As it stands, I’m ready to throw it away and go back to my old Fitbit HR 3 Since this is literally unusable 

Best Answer

I'm very excited to get the Agenda app working!!! This was my second-most missed feature from Pebble, the first being the e-ink display. How do we sync Agenda to a calendar to load events to it? When I go to the Agenda app settings, the only option is "Show Free Time". I can't find any way to connect a calendar to sync events.

Best Answer

Mine has done the same thing. But is only showing the fitbit logo nothing else!

Best Answer

I received the notification for the new update today and have been trying to sync all day. Now I’m stuck on screen that states Linking with Fitbit app required for connectivity features.. “Linking is taking longer than usual. Please be patient, we’re on it” and just sits there and spins.. I’ve done all the previous steps of uninstalling, turning off Bluetooth, restarting everything and even deleting the versa from the app and retrying. I have the Galaxy S10+ .. any suggestions would be great or I’m returning the watch.. 

Best Answer

To turn on your Versa, press and hold the left button and the bottom right button simultaneously until the Fitbit logo shows. This takes about 15 seconds. This was a change from the previous process where you only had to press and release the left button.

Best Answer
I only have 1 button. I have the Versa 2

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad
Best Answer

Go to the agenda app, select permissions and allow all. This will sync your default calendar app.

Best Answer
I’m not talking about the agenda app. I can’t get it to link to my phone for notifications 

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
Sorry I can't help with that bit. At the moment mine just keeps re-setting
Best Answer

I just hope I can get my text notifications. I'm not getting them ... again.

Best Answer