Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Versa 2 Charger Worse Than Original

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This is more of just a feedback post.  I have never been a fan of Fitbit's device chargers.  They are always too fidgety.  The original Fitbit Versa charger wasn't the worst (probably their best charger design yet) because it had the flat base that sat on the surface nicely.  But the Fitbit Versa 2 charger, what the heck happened here!?  It's no longer flat on the bottom so it doesn't sit nice on any surface.  The cable just sticks straight out the bottom so it causes more stress on the cable because it literally just sits on the cable.  It just baffles me that the design team came up with that and was like, yep that's good.  No it's not!  It's terrible!  The Galaxy Watch Active which is the competitor to the Versa, uses wireless charging, for the same price.  You just set the watch down on a charging pad and charge, easy.  Just my immediate thoughts when I got my Versa 2.

Best Answer
61 REPLIES 61

I agree the design sucks. I would love a charger with some weight. It took forever to smooth the cable out so it wouldn't tilt the cradle. Wireless charging would be even better. I almost went with the Galaxy Active but Tizen doesn't let me receive or send texts from my non Samsung Android phone, and the GAs battery is abysmal. It lasts less than 2 days under light use. GPS runs will cut that in half while 24 hour HR monitoring will drain the battery in about 18 hours. It's not a good watch for the fitness oriented.

Best Answer

The Versa 2 charger is designed to be used on its side. It works quite nicely for me.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

I don't see the point of having it sit on the side, then you can't tap the screen easily to see what the charge level is.  Even on it's side it is not stable and wobbles like it's not designed to sit on the side OR the bottom.  Not happy with the Versa 2 charger, and neither are many others by the looks of lots of reviews and other posts.

Best Answer

What are you talking about it doesn’t sit on its side. The sides are slopped and it would fall on its face if weren’t for the cable that sticks out the back. Go back to the original versa charger design. The charger is very poorly designed. 

Best Answer

Oh, for crying out loud.  There is no "design" that provides any sense that the charger is supposed to sit on its side -- in fact, whenever I tried to sit the Versa 2 into the charger and "put it on its side," the weight of the Versa 2 would flip the whole thing over so that my precious new Versa 2 landed flat on its face.

The Versa 2 charging dock is an absolute, utter failure.  It was enough for me to return my Versa 2, and go back to something that works properly -- my original Versa.

Best Answer

I agree and the cable is WAY too short. It seems that it was a last-minute pass off, I can even say "last minute thought" because there don't seem to be any thought put into this charger at all. I’m very disappointed in it.

Best Answer

New to the Fitbit family but I agree.  The Versa 2 charger is shat!

Best Answer

Couldn't agree with you more. I can not wait for some third party options. So far all the "charging stands" I'm finding are for the Versa and Versa Lite  Honestly, if Fitbit were to just design a stand that the current charger attached to the problems would be mostly resolved. Then again, they'd probably want us to pay $20 per stand when most third party options will include the stand and charger for that  Much like with my Blaze the charger from Fitbit will be delegated as my "travel/ backup" charger  

Best Answer

I totally agree not sure what the heck happened or what they was thinking ? I mean straight out of the bottom and wont set on any surface ... and the 2 wont work/fit into the base of my fitbit 1, so off to amazon to find a replacement .. anyone got any experience with replacement bases or watch holders they care to share? and I think that R&D should get it right and sent us replacements... just my 2 cents , pay 200.00 for something and the charger is almost unusable... 

Best Answer

I looked for one on Amazon about a week ago, and could not find one. If you do please pass on the info. I want a new one sooner rather then later as well.

Laura

Best Answer

Hi, you're right about the charger. I have therefore been searching/fiddling around with it to find a solution and make the watch more or less sitting upwards in the charger. I found a Solution where the watch sits in the charger upright in an angle of about 45 degrees and not on its side anymore.  Click the link and you'll see the solution with pictures of it.

Here is a picture of how it looks when the watch is in the charger:

Charger3.png

Regards kuzibri

Best Answer

It's an absolutely terrible design.  I've charged my Fitbit on the corner of my dresser forever. Now the cable is too short to even reach the dresser, and with the cord coming straight out of the bottom and the charger having no weight, even if I could get it to reach the outlet it won't stay on the dresser. I tried to balance it repeatedly but it can't balance, either sensibly up-and-down or on its side, even with the trick offered here (which is brilliant, thanks, I just wish it worked for my preferred charging location).

Major design fail.

Best Answer

Like you after many times trying different things, and just about throwing it out the window, lol, I ended up buying this Compatible with Fitbit Versa 2 Charger Stand Charging Dock for Fitbit Versa 2 Charging Clip Premium Plastic Cable (Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Y2SF4ZB/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_Rd1SDbJN0EBMS

Best Answer

Thanks for the suggestion, @Mike_augie !  I may try that if I ever get the Versa 2 to work at all.  I've been trying all afternoon to get it set up.  Not only has it refused to set up, it replaced my original Versa, claims I have no devices at all, and even forgot all of the steps I had already synced for today before even starting setup. Throwing it out the window is seeming more appealing by the minute.

Best Answer
Try this I love them. QIBOX Compatible with Fitbit Versa 2 Charger, 2-Pack Replacement USB Charging Cable Dock Stand for Versa 2 Health & Fitness Smartwatch, 3Ft Sturdy Power Cord(ONLY for Versa 2) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Y5FRT4Z/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_nv1SDbZMJ2X6Z
Best Answer

How long is the cable @crawdaddydoo92  ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Versa 2 charger is a terrible piece of design. Especially compared to the original, which was at least acceptable. 

Whomever signed off on the design to save a few fractions of a cent of plastic deserves firing. It significantly cheapens the product. To have a charger like this that doesn’t even sit flat. Or really sit at all...

Just awful. 

Best Answer

If that was the case why not have a rubberise rest on the side. Its just a completely rubbish design and I've bitten the bullet and bought an aftermarket charger which is more like the Versa 1

Best Answer

there are a few on Amazon for around £7.00

Best Answer
0 Votes