Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit upcoming OS 4.1 to add new features

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Good news that the devs keep working on improving the Fitbit OS. I hope they will also do something and try to fix the various issues users are facing lately.

The new Fitbit OS update finally lets you change your watch face on-device. There's also a new Smart wake feature, an Agenda app, and more.

Fitbit OS 4.1 is rolling out on December 3 to the Fitbit Ionic, Versa 2, Versa, and Versa Lite.

More info here: https://www.androidcentral.com/new-fitbit-os-update-finally-lets-you-change-your-watch-face-device

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
42 REPLIES 42

I've had the always on display for months on the Versa 2. You can have it turn off while sleeping. 

However all it does is shorten the battery life. The normal display always turns on with a 90.° rotation of the wrist their is no reason for the AOD. 

Now having the ability to store multiple watch faces will be nice. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Been running this for a few weeks now and the improvements are definitely worth it.

Best Answer

How did you get it? Not stated for release till today. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@EarlXin I suspect @SunsetRunner is referring to 4.0 firmware which the latest version did add AOD, the 4.1 adds enhancements. 

Best Answer

Hi @Rich_Laue and @EarlXin I am actually using 4.1 (27.70.7.14) as I am also a Fitbit beta tester and have been helping to test this firmware since mid October.

Best Answer

Is there any changes to the music control? That's my biggest hope for this new update is that its fixed. After the last firmware update, music control was broken across the entire Versa line of products. Many think it is due to the fact that the settings now go from On->Pair->Off. In essence, after pairing the watch automatically cycles to the next option (off) and then Music Control disconnects. The community has been voicing this loud and clear and fitbit has declined to make a statement over months of frustration. I for one can do without but it is one of my favorite features and I would like to see it fixed. 

Best Answer

So the 3rd is here.. anyone received the update yet?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I first expect a formal post like "Fitbit OS 4.0.2 - Firmware Release (68.9.15)", ‎ that one was opened on 10-10-2019 and last edited on ‎10-30-2019. So expect the update before or around the first week of January 2020. 

Tracking my health and movements with Fitbit from april 2014, now using a Sense 2™
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I would expect an update in the main thread and possibly something on the fitbit blog. Of which does not have a date for release. 

Best Answer

@EarlXin there have been improvements to the music playback.  The beta program has now closed so expect the roll-out to start soon

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner Amazing! Looking forward to it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

Has the OS 4.1 for the Fitbit versa tracker been released on 3rd Dec 2019?.

Anybody updated the same already??. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

No release yet, the beta program only closed yesterday and myself as a beta tester haven't been informed of the roll out.  The latest beta build was 70.7.14 so will be interesting to see if that gets released or a later build.

Best Answer

Strange enough Fitbit does have announced december 3rd as release date in the Netherlands (Facebook & Instagram). 

Facebook 

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2804362796241593&substory_index=0&id=592738567404038

Instagram 

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5k-GHZHY_I/?igshid=1infy8x4zsivc

Tracking my health and movements with Fitbit from april 2014, now using a Sense 2™
Best Answer

We have heard reports that 4.1 has begun to roll out.

Fitbit usually releases it to a decent group of users then monitors for any problems. Then rolls out to the rest. 

Best Answer

Got Versa update. No problems installing on my Versa 1. Took less than 10 minutes. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is the version number 70.7.14?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, 35.70.7.14, Fitbit Versa 2 updated. Everything seems to be working. 

Fitbit Versa 2
Note 10 Aura White | Galaxy Watch 3 Silver | Buds+ White
Best Answer

Updated here, took around 4-5mins for me. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer