Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student Discounts

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

fitbit should begin  to offer discounts for presale options or for those who want to update. Moreover, student discounts through services such as Student Beans should be available as many large retailers do adhere to this demographic. Some of the more common brands are Beats, Apple, microsoft and Fossil. some of these brands have created smart fitness watches and In order for the Versa to stand alone in this market students and long-term customers should receive discounts as a promotion tactic and to keep people interested in this brand. Offering a promo for presale will also encourage people to upgrade sooner. Furthermore, limiting the NFC pay option to only the special edition Versa is kinda sneaky and should be available to encompasses both genres of this new smart fitness watch. 

Moderator edit: title for clarity

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

Seriously why is fitbit pay locked to the special editions in the US but outside they get it on the base model, the up charge is bad enough but now I can't get it in black with fitbit pay

Best Answer

I completed agree. I have been buying Fitbit products since they first came out. Have upgraded along the way without complaint . An upgrade program or discount is the least you could offer loyal customers. 

Best Answer

The likes of Apple can afford to give discounts because they have a truckload of other stuff you can buy, and which they’ll make money on, once you’ve been sucked into their ecosystem. If you buy a Fitbit tracker, you’re only going to have the one tracker, or maybe one other for a partner, and yes, you may buy another when there’s a new one, but the sell-on is very limited. With little tie in purchasing, there is limited opportunity for discount.

And seriously, what is it with the world these days, wanting something for nothing all the time. If you like something, pay the sticker price or go somewhere else.

Best Answer
Lostlogic,
Clearly you've misread my note, and in doing so, made assumptions about me.
Having purchased at least 10+ trackers, for friends and family, I believe I
have more than demonstrated brand loyalty. Certainly that has market value.
Wanting the option of an upgrade discount does not mean I am wanting
"something for nothing." Nor does it mean that I welcome negative comment.
I appreciate your right to disagree and make your opinion known. But do
not propose to tell me to "love it or leave it". As much as I would like to
make suggestions for you, I don't believe the intent of this forum is to be
malicious. Or would appreciating courtesy be "wanting something for
nothing?"
Best Answer

@krbelch It is perhaps unfortunate you took this personally, as I don’t recall mentioning you in my reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

I recall years ago finding a site that specialized in student discounts on hardware and software. They had many offers, and I enrolled in a single course at a community college in order to be eligible for them.

Something like this.

http://www.journeyed.com/products/Fitbit/Fitbit

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree with you, as a loyal customer I wished this would be an option offered in the future.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree with @SunsetRunner. I didnt see anything malicious there.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Hey, I actually just asked about this... and with the special edition, you actually get both the charcoal watch band and the traditional black rubber watch band.  Because the charcoal one isn't water proof, and they want you to be able to use it in the pool like it's designed to track swimming laps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes