Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VERSA 2 - Fitbit OS 4.1.1 Firmware Update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 2/6

Fitbit OS 4.1.1 (Firmware Version: 35.70.7.21) for VERSA 2 smartwatches has been released to 100% of users. If you haven't yet, please make sure you update your watch to this new firmware. 

If you recently purchased or set up your Versa 2, you might not see this firmware available to you yet. Continue syncing the watch and in a few days or less, you'll be prompted to update to this firmware. 

Fitbit Update: 1/31

Hi, Versa 2 users!

We’re excited to announce the release of Fitbit OS 4.1.1 (Firmware Version: 35.70.7.21) exclusively for Versa 2 Smartwatches. 

We've begun releasing this new firmware to customers. This is a progressive rollout which means everyone will receive it at different stages until it has been completely released to all users. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. 

*Firmware releases are not distributed based on region or location and can reach anyone no matter where you reside. We do not recommend performing a factory reset to force the update to your device as your data will be lost and you may not get the update. Please be patient and wait until you see the update banner inside of the Fitbit app to begin the firmware download.

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

The update includes the following: 

•  We optimized the algorithm used to track your heart rate on Versa 2 to complement our latest hardware.
    • Bug fixes and other improvements.

For more information on the new features included in Fitbit OS 4.1.1 check out this article. You can also check out our press release

HOW DO I UPDATE?

Step by step instructions for updating your Versa 2 can be found here

If you run into any trouble updating your Versa 2, I recommend reviewing these troubleshooting tips. If you have any issues after completing the update, when in doubt, try a restart on the watch. 

How to restart your watch:

1. For Fitbit Versa 2, hold the back(left) button for 10 seconds.
  2. Let go of the button.

We appreciate your patience while we work to roll this out to everyone. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
350 REPLIES 350

Apparently the water logging issue is resolved, but I cannot reply to that forum anymore.  One of the last posts said I needed to make sure I had the correct update:  Please download the latest watch app version(70.7.21).

My Fitbit app says version 3.13.  Is there another app that allows me to get this correct version for the watch app?  In the App Store, I do not have an option to update the FitBit app, at least not yet.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Acwermuth and a warm welcome.  The number you listed is the latest Versa 2 firmware version, not the phone app version.  You can verify your Versa 2 firmware by doing the following:  swipe to the left on the watch face until you get to the Settings (gear) and tap on that > scroll to the very bottom and tap on About.  Your firmware version is listed there.  If it is current, it will say 35.70.7.14.

The usual behavior is the phone app will tell you that there is a Versa 2 update available.

I will have to research how to force a firmware update if your phone app isn't telling you that one is available.

Other knowledgeable users, please chime in if you know how to force a firmware update.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Thank you, I do have version 35.70.7.14 for the watch, however there must be a newer update that ends in 7.21.  Can't wait to see if you can find out how to get that new update!

Best Answer

@Acwermuth   According to this Help article, version 35.70.7.14 is the current firmware.  I am not sure where this other information is coming from.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer

I got the push for 35.70.7.21 on versa 2 today.

Best Answer

Today I got the update 70.7.21. The Fitbit app prompted me to update. However I don't know what the update contains. Is there anyplace to find this info? I couldn't find it.

Best Answer

I got the .21 update this morninf

Best Answer

I also got the 35.70.7.21 today, but what is the change?, I can'¨t find it here on forum

Best Answer

I was wondering that too, I've updated my versa 2 this morning to 35.70.7.21

Best Answer

I've updated as well. And immediately noticed that my favorite clock face has changed. It used to have a nice amber color for some elements, but now it is pink...

Best Answer

I updated also. it changed my clock face to different colours, But was able to go in and change them back to the colour I had. But I still have no clue what the new update has changed. I can’t find anywhere to let me k ow what the changes were in that update, any info would be appreciated thanks.

Best Answer

Yeah you click “learn more about latest Fitbit OS “ on the update page in the iOS app and just get sent to a generic Fitbit homepage

pro. 

Best Answer

Thanks to all the users that chimed in.  I will ask through channels.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer

I received the update notification earlier today and installed it so the version number in the watch setup/about is 35.70.7.21, which is an update from the earlier ...7.14 so I presume the update has taken.  However, I have no idea what it does and can't see any info. Like a couple of others in this thread I had my clock face revert to the standard colours and was able to fix that.  I also had the weather app fail but it now works after a re-installation. But I can't see any other changes.  Hoping that it will show the SpO2 graph, but it currently doesn't.  Maybe it will after a nights sleep.

If anyone knows what the update updates could they please post?

Best Answer

Yes showing the Sp02 graph would be a great update. But as you said might not show till after a sleep. Other than it changing my clock face colours I have yet to find anything different. So probably just bug fixes mostly I am guessing. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I updated last night and now my Vera 2 will not scroll at all, i cant get to my apps, what do I need to do??

Best Answer

@Acwermuth  and others.  Several of the other members of the Community Council mentioned that they got this update.  

Certainly, unannounced.  I can't find any other details.

All upgrades like this are done progressively.  Be patient, you will get it eventually.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's typical to have at least a single line about why an update was pushed! Why hasn't Fitbit updated their site? Why are all the agents as clueless as the rest of us about what this update entails? 

Seriously. We should be able to get info about the update from Fitbit. I won't upgrade until that info is provided, especially having seen some of the issues people have been experiencing.

Best Answer