Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 bands

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The band design is so obviously wrong on every level for anyone to see. Perhaps this was a production problem that went very wrong

What was necessary for these to be produced? There has to be a story here. Can anyone explain?

Is any company offering an alternative band?

Best Answer
0 Votes
12 REPLIES 12

Hi @Butchdog You dont actually say what the problem is. My Versa 2 came with two bands that work fine, but as I prefer a sports band I ordered a couple of these and they work fine too. I really dont know what you are talking about.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The problem I have is the connection. Connecting the bands is very difficult, nearly impossible to do without bending the pins. The pins attach to a fairly shallow recessed hole. Trusting the design to hold up during normal exercise over the long term is my concern. This is my fourth fibit and I am sure the company will find in time that this design is problematic.

Your comments, however, may also mean that some batches of bands weren't made to the proper specifications which is why I ask the question about replacement bands.

I am curious to see how many complaints there will be over the next few months.

As an aside, I wouldn't have had 3 other fitbits over the past few years if I wasn't an avid fan.

Best Answer

I also have a Versa which I used for a year or so and an Inspire (as well as several older fitbits With different bands) and these use the same band connection as the Versa 2. I have never had a problem. Yes, they are fiddly, but for me the advantages outweigh the fiddliness. The big advantage for me is that they are able to swivel within the connection so suit smaller wrists better than the old style clip on bands.

I found I got better at it with practice and find is easy now, but I have never bent or damaged a pin trying to change bands even when I was new at it. My biggest tip is probably to make sure you dont hold the band straight with the watch, butangle it to nearly 45 degrees to clip the band on.

And yes, there are other complaints about the fixing system, but really not many considering the number sold.

Community Council Member

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Do your bands look inside out? I assume the flat side of the band is supposed to be against my skin... mine are not. I'm wondering if it's a manufacture mistake 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I put a classic band on my V2 and have taken some photos, so hopefully you can see how they should go. Let me know if it is any help. And, no, the bands look the right way to me ....

20191215_112235_resized.jpg

20191215_112336_resized.jpg

20191215_112410_resized.jpg

Community Council Member

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much! They just looked weird to me for some reason. They're correct. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Haha Well I'm glad they are correct. I hope changing them gets easier for you!

Community Council Member

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue.
I have not been able to resolve it. Could you please guide on you were able to get the band fixed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem. The pin doesn't seem to want to cooperate. Or my fingers are too clumsy?

Best Answer

My bands aren't broken, they just looked weird to me. They look inside out. It seems like a design flaw or manufacture error.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My V2 band lasted for 2 days on my wrist. It ripped right off the pin.  The pin held firm but the band split.   Not impressed at all.   This is my 2nd watch and I’m second guessing myself

Best Answer
0 Votes
I bought 2 Kmasic Sport Bands through Amazon that I'm very happy with. A little odd to clasp in the beginning but I've used them since December daily. No problem putting on the Versa 2
Best Answer
0 Votes