Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa 2 keeps dropping connection

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I bought a Versa 2 a few days ago. Right from the start, it kept dropping the bluetooth connection, occasionally connecting after many attempts over 20-30 minutes and then dropping within anything from a few seconds to a few minutes.

I tried all the following:

- Turning on 'All Day Sync', 'Always Connected' and 'Keep-Alive Widget'

- Restarting the phone (Samsung Galaxy J5), the watch and the Bluetooth

- Unpairing all paired deviced from the phone

- Reinstalling the Fitbit app

- Trying to use the Fitbit app on a Microsoft Surface laptop instead

- Holding the phone in the hand with the Fitbit on (i.e. very close)

- In the city and in the countryside, plus in different kinds of buildings

- Getting another new Versa 2 (all the same problems!!!)

As a result of these issues, the Alexa and Spotify apps are unusable, and the device rarely stays connected long enough to download a new app onto the watch, or to take advantage of things like water logging from the watch, comparing calories in with calories out etc.

The kinds of messages I am getting are "No Device Found" or "Make sure your phone's bluetooth is on..." or "Error connecting with Versa 2. Please make sure your Fitbit is nearby...".

Any ideas? I am going to write a product review next week and I am hoping to have something better to report!

Thanks in advance.

Best Answer
26 REPLIES 26

I have the same problem. Even though my Bluetooth shows as being connected to the watch it won't sync.  Then I will remove and reset watch and it gave me option to connect to Wi-Fi so I did and it finally synced. Then after 11 hrs it disconnected again and won't re engage. 

Best Answer

Hello Kimmy58.

I sent an email to Fitbit technical support and they said my phone was not on the list of compatible devices here:

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2315

I tried an iPhone instead for 24 hours and it seemed to work fine with that. So that was the problem in my case. I do recommend contacting Fitbit here:

https://help.fitbit.com/?l=en_US&cu=1&fs=ContactUs

I hope you get an answer soon!

Best Answer

I have spotify premium.   When I go into my watch to spotify it says not connected.  I look at the fitbit app, spotify settings and see it says Spotify free, log out.  So I log out again and log back into my premium account and then I can access my libraries and such on my watch.  This happens multiple times a day.  WHY won't it stay connected to my premium account?  I've uninstalled and reinstalled Spotify on my phone, set to run in background.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled fitbit app.  I don't get it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How is this the "Best Answer" when it won't engage again?

This issue was never root caused and corrected in any of the other messages.

I just got my versa 2 and have the same problem. This is BS.

Best Answer

Recieved my Versa 2 a couple days ago and having the identical problem. Did everything possible, uninstall app, reset, update,..etc and NOTHING.

It's going back to Kohls where I purchased it this weekend.

Fitbit appear that it does not care about these issues people are having. This is my third Fitbit and this will be my last.

Best Answer

How was this the best answer when it did not address the issue? I have the same problem and I will be returning mine back to Kohls.

Best Answer

The issue is in fact not answered here. I'm experiencing the same sync problems with a Google Pixel 4.  

Best Answer
I'm giving the watch an additional three day review and tomorrow is the third day and I will be be returning it tomorrow. Totally unacceptable.
Best Answer

This is only a workaround, not a fix... 

I've found for me when my versa2 stops synching, that shutting down the watch and restarting it will restore synching. Killing and relaunching the Fitbit app, Bluetooth, or even restarting my phone doesn't help.

You can access Shutdown on the versa2 through Settings, then About.

Best Answer

Why do you want to do all the work around when you can just purchase one of the other smart watches that I will be doing this weekend? This is a PITA watch.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought mine today.  Took AGES to connect to Spotify. Then disconnected, dropped out and then comes up with "free account" when I go back to Spotify settings.. Just can't reconnect. So frustrating.  I have a Samsung S10, so is compatible.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am no longer a fitbit owner. I purchased some knockoff smartwatch on Amazon for $20 for the time being that is actually working. The interface is not as slick and the display options are few but this will do until i research another smartwatch.

Best Answer
0 Votes

SPENT HOURS fighting with my Brand New Fitbit Versa 2. Got it yesterday.  Multiple reboots of all electronics (Phone, PC, Fitbit, Home Wireless network). Even Ran a factory reset on the Fitbit. Nothing would fix the instant Wifi dropping. Reviewed a lot of the pages for this. Nothing helpful.....

Remembered My wifi runs on both 2.4G and 5G. 

Disabled Home network 5G  Issue resolved. 

Might be something @Fitbit Could look into. 

Hope this helps some others. 

SJLoughery.

Best Answer

6 comments?

Dude...lighten up.

Mine works great!

Best Answer
0 Votes
good for you, mine works great now since i returned and don't have one. bought a Chinese knockoff that actually works fine and better than fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I have the same problem. Did some searching and found out that it is a known issue. I contacted Fitbit via live Chat line to ask that this issue be fixed. We all need to contact Fitbit and voice this issue so that complaints start to mount up and Fitbit will be pushed to action sooner. Posting issues here helps to reassure ourselves that we are not alone. The next step is to actually report it to Fitbit in numbers so that someone in their company decides it's worthy of immediate action. I don't know if previous version has this problem with Spotify. If it did,and now it's version 2 with same issue,then someone is asleep! In the meantime, the solution is to log out of Spotify free and log back into Spotify premium everytime this happens. Thank-you so much fibit for this hourly inconvenience.

Best Answer

You need to go to the Versa settings and click on WiFi setup then, once it is listed, click on connect. You have to leave the window open in order for it to stay connected. Lame, but it’s been working for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes
My problem was not wifi but bluetooth connections. As I mentioned a few times, I no longer own a fitbit but receive this notice via email which I will stop after this post. I purchased another brand smartwatch and I am happy with it so far. not coming back to fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Snowflake.
Best Answer
0 Votes