Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa won't turn on

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Last night I left it charging because the app was showing battery low and today I am trying to turn it on and nothing is happening. Anybody is facing the same problem?

Please help!

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
1,070 REPLIES 1,070

Hello,

I am having the same issue. I've only had my Versa for about 6 months when, all of a sudden, it stopped holding a charge. One day I woke up and it was completely dead. It showed no signs of life when I put it on the charger, and hasn't turned on since. The versa was a birthday gift to myself and I'm so disappointed that it's not working. Does anyone have any solutions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Call customer service. They sent me a new one.

Best Regards,

Referrals are the best compliment!

Moderator edit: removed personal info

Best Answer
I contacted Fitbit support and they tried a few things and then sent me a new one. Contact them for sure

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Jenny, just a matter of security, I wouldn't give my personal address and details which you have done. For your own safety I would suggest that you should remove your details from view forthwith....it's only a suggestion. You just don't know what headbangers are watching this Forum or Thread

Briyana, have you tried my solution to this problem? here it is:-

"Right I don’t know if this is the solution to your problems or not but it worked for me. I had the same problem as you are all having or something similar. It started on Sunday, I noticed that I had got an Email fromFitbit to say that my Fitbit Versa was low on charge, which I found strange because it was charged the day before to full capacity and I thought that didn’t last long. So when I woke up this morning the watch was as dead as a dodo. Black screen, no life in it at all. I pressed the left side button hoping that it had gone to sleep but still no response. So I put on the charger and usually it lights up notifying me it is charging but again not a sign that it was taking a charge. So I left it on the charge for a half an hour and when I came back to it again there was no life in it. So I thought, the battery must have depleted itself and it was going to take a long time to charge.So I went out for a walk and left it on the charge and I forgot about it. So it was on the charge for about 11 hours.....more than enough time to be working or to show signs of life.

Sadly, no. I said to myself this is useless I have only this device a month and here it is useless, not working. I then came to this Forum to see page after page of people complaint about their Fitbit not working and sending them back and getting refurbished ones and new ones and I read that if you hold down the buttons (all three buttons) for 10 seconds that will solve it. I did that and it didn’t work and I thought what if I hold the three buttons down a much longer time. So I did that, I held the three buttons down for about three minutes and suddeningly, it flashed up the Fitbit logo and it dimmed and then came back on and stayed on for over a minute. I thought it’s either bust or this appears to be resetting itself. And suddeningly the time came up and everything is working. It’s as if it has woken up from a deep deep sleep.

so I don’t if it is a Solution but it’s worth trying, it can do no harm, it worked for me. Hold down all three buttons for about three minutes or until the Fitbit Versa Logo comes up and then let go."

Have a go at this and if that doesn't work then Custmer Services who are very helpful and will probably send you a replacement one. Let us kniw how you get on.

Moderator edit: merged reply
Best Answer
0 Votes

Contact Fitbit Customer Support. You will be advised on what to do. They are very friendly and always ready to help. I can assure you that the problem will be resolved by Fitbit Customer Support

Best Answer

I have same issue. It's not starting. I woke up around 4:00am and it was off. Never happened like that. I tried the left button 2-3 times. It won't start. I have got it charged. I also tried all 3 buttons, no results (it's not starting). 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried a this step and my versa still will not power on. Please help 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I was told to clean the trackers in the back with rubbing Alcohol or Toothpicks in case of any dirt and then try using different USB Ports on computer as well as wall charger. I tried all but it still won’t turn on. I chatted on line with Fitbit Customer Service.. I must admit great customer service. My versa was still under warranty. They sent an email to fill out a replacement.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Best Answer

I have tried multiple times to reset my Versace but it still won’t tuen on. Help pleas. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Krislove 3

What step have you tried? No point in saying you have tried a step if you don’t say what it is you have tried. Try to help others who will try to help you

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Briyana Welcome to our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry for the late response and I'm sorry to hear that your Versa is unresponsive even though you put it in the charger. I was able to get in touch with our Support team and was told that they assisted you via email. Was a solution provided?

@mfdlove7913 @Krislove3  Thank you for joining our Fitbit Community! I also contacted our Support team in regards your Fitbit Versa and was told that they contacted you via email. Please let me know if they provided a solution.

@Jendivico @808sue @Lordsnooty @Akint @VijayBagga Thank you so much for your help and sharing your feedback guys!

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes
I was sent a new Tracker. But no bands. I thank you all.

Sent from LG Mobile
Best Answer

@VijayBagga I apologize for the late response. However, I'm so glad to hear that you were sent a replacement unit. Thank you for posting the update here.

I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Hope to see you in our Fitbit Community more often! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was sent a new tracker as well. Great customer service!!!

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes
It is great to get the faulty one replaced, my question why are there so many duds? poor design or quality control.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@mfdlove7913 I'm sorry for the late response. However, I'm so glad to hear that you were sent a replacement unit. Thank you for posting the update here and don't hesitate to get back if you need further assistance.

@katiemacny I'm sorry about the issue that you experienced with your previous tracker. We always strive to improve our products and we expect the last replacement you were sent, gets you back on track. Please let us know if more assistance is needed.

Best Answer
I made complaint on the Fitbit social media platforms and on there Twitter
support handle and they got in touch with me and set me and new one. Not
sure what to do if that happens again, it's seems to be happening to a lot
of people.
Best Answer

I'm not sure if this is the solution, but when I got my replacement I synced it to my pc only. So now I don't have the Fitbit and my phone burning thru their batteries seeking each other. I did lose some options that are only available on the phone, but so far the Fitbit is working fine.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit Versa is having the same problem others are having - it won't power on even after a full night of charging. I tried pressing the back and bottom buttons for over 10 seconds and that didn't help, and I tried pressing all three buttons for over three minutes and that didn't help. What's interesting is that the Fitbit app says the watch battery is full, even though when I try to update the tracker it can't find it. Anyway, please help.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Please call the fitbit customer service either by phone or chatting. Explain them what's going on and what efforts were made. If your tracker is still under warranty, they might replace but without any bands or charger.

Sent from LG Mobile
Best Answer
0 Votes