Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't sync Deezer playlist (Resolved)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So I've really been enjoying playing music from Deezer on my Versa, but today it won't sync.  It stays at 0% and then times out.  It managed to fetch the playlist but the songs are greyed out and aren't on the Versa.  I've tried restarting both my phone and my Versa.  I've tried turning bluetooth off and back on.  I've tried reentering my WiFi password on the Versa.  Nothing.  Help?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello everyone, thanks for your participation in the Community. I am sorry for the delayed reply. 

Thanks to all for the efforts to resolve the issue with syncing Deezer playlists, sharing the solutions and helpful tips to help other users. I understand that this can be very frustrating. I am glad to hear that Deezer have been working on the fix and that the issue has been resolved for some users. I appreciate your time and efforts. 

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
54 REPLIES 54

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @mareneli. Sorry for the delayed response.

I regret to hear that you have experienced difficulties to sync your music on your Fitbit Versa. Thank you for trying some troubleshooting steps before contacting us. I noticed that you've in touch with Customer Support. I'm pretty sure they will do their best to provide a high level of support.

If you have any question, please don't hesitate to contact us back.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Exact same problem!!😠

Best Answer

No, they were no help. They kept telling me to do things I've already done. Last night I left phone and Versa on the charger all night because it's supposed to update automatically. Nope. Today I made a brand new playlist. Nope. I can't get anyone to figure it out.

Best Answer

If only there were more of us someone might work on the problem. By chance do you have Android and do a system update recently? That's the only thing I can think of.

Update:

Android system update on July 23rd and it hasn't synced since then.  In this case it's probably an Android/Deezer problem and not specifically a Versa problem... but just guessing at the source of the problem...

Moderator edit: merged replies

Best Answer
I do have android, and6my system updates are automatic, so it's possible.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Is anyone looking into this? Going on a week and I can't use the main app I
wanted to use with the versa!!
Best Answer

@EdsonFitbit  Could it be due to the Android update on July 23? Syncing hasn't worked since then so it could be a Fitbit app issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes
What's the fix?😞😠
Best Answer

Email android@fitbit.com and describe the problem.  I got that email address from Google Play and got a message that they've "opened a case."  The more people let them know it's a problem, the more likely they are to fix it quickly.  From the reviews on Google Play, it looks like many people are having many sync problems so my guess is they are working on it.  😞

@BH55 wrote:
What's the fix?😞😠

Best Answer

i've been having sync issues - no sleep, heart rate or calories data since yesterday afternoon - apparently there is an issue with data transfer to the app that is being looking into - i was told it was affecting all fitbit users but it seems suspicious that there is no announcement...

Best Answer

I've done all of this... same problems 

Best Answer
0 Votes

So, I was having the same issue since yesterday. I removed the existing Playlist since I wmated some new ones. The old ones were removed without issue but the news ones were not syncing in and I kept trying, even leaving the versa charged overnight. Finally just decided to Google to chekc the forums with little hope since so few people use deezer in general. Hope the issue gets fixed. It's seriously frustrating 😤. And deezer support is the worst among all. 

@mareneli wrote:

So I've really been enjoying playing music from Deezer on my Versa, but today it won't sync.  It stays at 0% and then times out.  It managed to fetch the playlist but the songs are greyed out and aren't on the Versa.  I've tried restarting both my phone and my Versa.  I've tried turning bluetooth off and back on.  I've tried reentering my WiFi password on the Versa.  Nothing.  Help?

Best Answer
Same here!! I have tried everything 30+ times!!😠
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem. I've noticed that this is an issue since last year so now I wonder if someone is really fixing this?

Best Answer

I've only had the problem for the last 10 days.

Does your app seem to be not handling the "preparing music for download" stage that used to work?  That's where the problem is, I think.

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back @brulee89. I appreciate that you're troubleshooting this with me. I would like you to confirm that you can only transfer files that you own or don't require a license. 

You can transfer music you purchased. Currently, you can’t transfer songs you downloaded through paid streaming services such as Apple Music and Microsoft Groove. If you have a paid Deezer subscription, you can use the Deezer app to download playlists to your watch.

Let me know how it goes. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I finally got a reply from android@fitbit.com.  They had me redo the Bluetooth connection.  Yeah that doesn't work.  Then they had me unlink and relink my Deezer account.  Nope.  Seriously, the problem happens when the Fitbit app tries to prepare the music for download.  That's where the hitch is.  Because the Versa does get the playlist, just not the actual songs.  But... what do I know, right?

Best Answer

@mareneli wrote:

I've only had the problem for the last 10 days.

Does your app seem to be not handling the "preparing music for download" stage that used to work?  That's where the problem is, I think.

Same thing. It's been only 7-10 days that this problem has been there. As you said, Versa fetches the Playlist name but then when it comes to download it just fails to do so leaving us with greyed out song list in the Playlist. That's where the issue lies; the download of the songs to the actual Playlist. 

Best Answer

I have the same issue.  Playlists that used to sync fully in the past are now only partially sync'ing with some songs greyed out.

I've reported it also on the Deezer Forum please comment on there also so people are aware : - https://en.deezercommunity.com/other-devices-49/fitbit-ionic-playlist-doesn-t-show-all-songs-yes-my-...

Best Answer