Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 7.0 and reply to message on Versa

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Am I correct in saying that as long as my phone has Android 7.0 or  more recent updates, I can reply to messages on my Versa? Older updates (like android 6.0) do not have this function?

Thanks

Moderator edit: subject updated for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

You are correct.  Android 7.0 and up can do Quick Replies.

Kathy | USA
Versa SE, Charge 2, Samsung Galaxy S10+
Best Answer
0 Votes

Any phone? Or specific phones with Android 7.0 or more recent?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, there's a list of compatible phones by Fitbit and then there are phones that work but weren't specifically tested by Fitbit and lastly, there are phones that just aren't compatible.  So, you could have a compatible phone like a Samsung Galaxy S5 running Android 6.0 and Quick Replies wouldn't work or you could have a brand new phone running Android 8.0 but it's not compatible and nothing would work.  Which phone do you have or are you thinking of buying?  The Samsungs seem to all work and most of the LG phones.  I see people post here about brands I've never heard of.

Kathy | USA
Versa SE, Charge 2, Samsung Galaxy S10+
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thinking about the LG Q6...

Thanks for your help 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a s7edge that was running on7.0 and I could do everything on it except answer calls which I knew because I heard those on 8.0 could. But my phone got the update to 8.0 and all of a sudden it couldn’t give me call notifications at all. So I called customer service and they couldn’t figure out why and told me to just wait until there was an update but they wouldn’t know when. I wasn’t happy about that since now I get no call notifications and I didn’t pay $200 for something that wasn’t properly working. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

But can you answer text messages?

Best Answer
0 Votes