Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anybody had their versa for a few weeks now and NOT had it ever give steps while sitting on charger?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Several threads had been started for those of us leaving the Versa on the charger overnight and I guess some people leaving it out not even on the charger, and getting several thousand unwarranted steps.  We are confident external vibration sources were not the culprit and it is a bug in the watch.  I returned mine because of that issue.  I can't accept such a failure of a core feature.  Having said that, I did not experience any of the other problems people have been reporting, although I never tried the music service or any other apps.

So I'm wondering if any of you that have had the watch since or close to since it was released, have never had mystery steps added (usually in the thousands).  I do miss it and wonder if I should try a second sample.  Thanks for any input

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

I got mine the day it was released and I never had issues with ghost steps or step adding while driving. But mine did die 2 days ago so I’m waiting for my replacement. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I picked up mine April 16th, and have had no issues with ghost steps anytime.  GPS was iffy for a while, but it seems to be working with mt new phone.  I had to reset it once, but I can't remember why.

KC | Texas
One, Charge HR, Charge 2, Versa | Galaxy S9 Plus
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue. Got the Versa just last week and already having ghost steps...

About the issue;

• Firmware up to date
  • ghost steps at night when I sleep
    • once in charger (40k steps)
    • once just on night stand (8k steps)
    • no steps charged on fitbit graph just a high step count displayed
  • Restarted several times
  • Reset once, will try another one today

As far as I can tell, its gotta be software, I have no vibration source in the bedroom and even if I did, it should show up as a high step count on the graph, which it doesn't. I did wear my watch to sleep twice, it didn't seem to ghost then...

This is extremely inconvenient and I also notice that the Versa is a lot more sensitive to steps than my previous Blaze.

Anyone got a customer rep that help fix the issue or will I have to return?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got my replacement Versa and I have no issues with ghost steps. So far so good with my second versa. My only issue with this one is the connected gps. But that was also an issue with my other fitbits and my 1st versa.

Best Answer

Since returning my Versa I have been perusing the Versa forums on a regular basis and I see no indication that Fitbit has even addressed this mystery steps issue, much less solved it.

Best Answer

I agree on the versa being highly sensitive to movement which in turn is recorded steps not taken. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

So far, so good with mine. No phantom steps. 

Best Answer

Mine has never done this .I got mine in June this year and apart from a rattly charger I've not had any issues with the Fitbit itself . I hope you get a resolution to your ghosting issue 

Best Answer
0 Votes