Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opinions on Versa for purchasing decision

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So I have a Blaze which I love but would like more clock faces which I know will not be coming now....I might be in the minority here but I don't like the way the Versa looks at all. I am a female and the styling does not work for me...square circle is kinda ugly and the bands don't work for me either.. IMO...granted I don't want to pay $300 for an Ionic either....hoping to catch one on sale....anyone else upgrading from Blaze to one of these choices?

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
90 REPLIES 90

The Ionic is just way to clunky imo. Especially the wristband. It’s really thick. And the tracker sits high up on my wrist. 

It was getting caught on stuff. Not a fan of the look of the Ionic on my wrist. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The versa looks really thin in some of the pictures I've seen. I understand taste is subjective, but I think it looks better than the ionic. Like you I need to upgrade my tracker. I'm going to get the versa because I don't need GPS. I swim for cardio and I don't care about payments and $200 is a great price. I guess I'm saying wait until you see the versa live; you might still not like it, but I'd at least check it out. I think it's the best overall deal from fitbit. 

Best Answer

Among the Fitbit watches with watch faces and apps, I like Versa's look more than Ionic. Although I already have an Ionic. I hope Fitbit could release a round watch soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I love the slim design of the Versa. It really is a matter of taste and what you want. Only you can decide

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

I own a Blaze and moved to Ionic since few days after its presentation as I loved the idea of a new OS to play with (since I was very unhappy about Android Wear). Really happy about my purchase, I only regret that he Adidas version came late and I didn't want to wait.

In terms of functionalities the 2 devices are identical with exception of GPS and NFC as below

Ionic: GPS yes, NFC yes

Versa: GPS no, NFC no

Versa Special Edition: GPS no, NFC yes (this only in US, in the rest of the world the Versa sold is just the Special Edition, named simply Versa).

So if you like running, biking and so on the winner is clearly the Ionic (that I personally prefer also as a design). But I understood that you even don't like much the look of the Versa so the Ionic is a clear winner (except the price that is indeed a bit high)

Best Answer

"So if you like running, biking and so on the winner is clearly the Ionic "

I wouldn't say it's a clear winner. I bike at least 50 miles a week and the Blaze has been just fine (*cough* after it syncs). The Versa has connected GPS just like the Blaze. And I'd have the phone with anyway while riding. I understand some  runners don't like bringing the phone, so it might be more of a clear winner with runners. For me, keeping it $200 or under rates higher than what Ionic has to offer. 

Best Answer

It depends on what you want. If you're someone who does a lot of workouts, Ionic would be my suggestion because the built-in GPS means you still have tracking even if you forget your phone.

Best Answer

i went from the Blaze to the Ionic ... and now i will go to the Versa. 

The ionic from the blaze was a nice design change... (hated having to take the unit out of the band) 

but maaaan... the Versa's design is winning for me. The ionic looks big and noticeable on the hand... my wrists arent that big... and it shows it. The versa looks smaller and thinner.... i'm looking forward to that. 

Best Answer

I have been very happy with my Ionic, but can't wait to get a Versa. I personally think this will look better on my slender wrist and like the band options I've seen thus far. 

Marci | Bellevue, WA
Best Answer

Thank goodness this is the only worry I currently have... 🙂 I really want the silver Versa, but I also want the special edition. Do I need the NFC chip? I don't know.... maybe? (What if I don't get the SE version and I'm in a coffee shop and I don't have any moola or a card?!) I suppose the gun metal isn't so bad. I just want to make sure that the metal color "goes" with other color bands. Pink, red, blue, lilac, purple, whatever. No clashing... Also, is the aluminum easy to scratch? If I have the rose gold, will a scratch show silver? Or is the aluminum a solid color? *sigh*

I can't stand having all of the questions running through my head! On a positive note, at least these aren't multiple voices. Just mine. 

I think I'll pre-order on Amazon and get at least a 2-year warranty. (My poor Alta HR is already crying...) 

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer

I'm happy with my Ionic, but I'm curious to see what the Versa actually looks like in person.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer

I'm torn between the silver and black cases. That silver looks really good in the pictures, but so does the black. I'll just have to see them in person in a few weeks and decide then. I understand your dilemma it's tough. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Only you can make the decision..

Me I will never use the NFC chip. Had my Identity stolen way to many times

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

The aluminium is anodized, so yes, a deep enough scratch will show the bare colour. This is the main reason I try to avoid coloured aluminiums as by its nature its soft and easy to scratch. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

I have a dark Ionic (charcoal I think) and it is great - goes with anything and it minimises the size on my arm I think. But I DO hanker after a rose gold Versa, even though I dont NEED it lol. I always regretted not getting the rose gold Alta HR. Such serious considerations requiring much deep thought! 

As far as scratches go, I have never got a scratch on my Ionic in the nearly 6 months I have had it, and I have worn it constantly with various knocks etc. But it really looks as good as new! Though I know it is possible to scratch the aluminium.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

I too love my Ionic and have a very skinny wrist but it looks fine. I would love to see a Versa in person, but it isnt going to happen for a while!

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Can we change the bezel on these ones like we can for the blaze?  If that’s the case then you just need to ask yourself, do you need the NFC?  I always have my iPhone X so I don’t need it.  I have all different colours of bands and bezels for my blaze from eBay so as long as the versa can we changed then we are good.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@pinkdaisywrote:

Can we change the bezel on these ones like we can for the blaze?  If that’s the case then you just need to ask yourself, do you need the NFC?  I always have my iPhone X so I don’t need it.  I have all different colours of bands and bezels for my blaze from eBay so as long as the versa can we changed then we are good.  

No the bezel/frame on the Versa can't be changed. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

Oooooh.... Now that is a good argument to not getting the colored aluminum. (Edited to add: Identity theft.. and I meant a good argument for not getting the SE edition.)

I've canceled my SE and ordered the silver.

Thanks for mentioning this!!

(And a scratch on a colored bezel would drive me nuts. Our cat has all of
her claws... so I am guaranteed to get at least one.)

Best Answer
0 Votes