Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth headphones not connecting to Versa

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had my Versa connected to Bluetooth headphones for several weeks. While working out it disconnected and will not connect anymore. I deleted the headphones and tried to reconnect. After many times of trying, it will search the headphones, but once it begins to connect it states connection failed. I have made sure pairing is on for the headset and I have tried restarting the Versa. My headphones pair to my phone and work properly. This was one of my favorite features, but I cannot get it to work anymore.

Moderator edit: subject

Best Answer
19 REPLIES 19

I would make sure that your headphones are not connecting to the phone. The easiest way is to turn the Bluetooth off on the phone. 

Best Answer

A warm welcome to the Community @tj15 and @Rich_Laue thanks for stopping by.

I appreciate the efforts in trying to fix this issue. I recommend taking a look at the help article How do I connect Bluetooth audio devices to my Fitbit watch? and make sure you are following those steps in order to connect your headphones too your Versa.

Keep me posted. Robot Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

I keep having this issue and when I turn off the bluetooth on my phone than I get the message in the app that I have to turn on bluetooth to allow fitbit to connect to accessories.  The watch says no devices found!!!  This is so frustrating because I have owned mine for almost 2 weeks and even called in which they sent me an email.  The email gave me steps to try which I have tried them all and that to reply directly to the email for more help.  Well, I did that and still no response!!! Ready to return this crap!

Best Answer

thank you. I didn't realize both my iPhone and iPad was connected to my wireless headphones. I turned off both devices and my headphones were discovered. 

Best Answer

I have followed all the steps fit bit states. my watch finds the Bluetooth device but when you click the device to pair it doesn't do anything 

Best Answer

Could these headphones be currently connected to some other device @carrick

Best Answer
No the only Bluetooth devices on at the time were the watch and the
headphones
Best Answer
0 Votes

this worked for me - thanks.

seemed obvious when I read it!

c

Best Answer

For clarification @clairus99 which post are you reffering to that worked for you?

Knowing which post would possibly help others 

Best Answer
I was responding to the previous post you sent to me. So the one above my
last post.
This chat line isn't really helping me, is there a better way of
communicating?
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm not sure if it would be easier, but on the same page.

Email and Twitter links are available. 

When there are people available to answer the phones, a phone number is displayed.

This phone number may also be found with a simple Google search. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

sorry about that, it was rich_laue's response about the headphones being paired up with my mobile phone.  i'd paired them up with that first, so they were automatically connecting to that first.

I (reasonably!) thought my response would appear under his.

hope it helps others.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This thing has been pairing for 5 minutes. The earphones are not paired with any other device....frustrating...

Best Answer

I just received a new Fitbit Versa.  I was able to connect my Bose Bluetooth headphones, however only the right earbud played music. I deleted the Bluetooth device from my watch and tried again, but now the watch will discover the earbuds but not pair....the display shows Pairing and a circular wait prompt shows.

This goes on for 10 minutes till I finally stop it.

My phone has Bluetooth turned OFF and there are no other devices that could be preventing the connection.  I contacted Fitbit, but the representative was unable to help at all.

Anyone have an idea(s) before I package the watch up for return?

Best Answer

I was able to solve this issue...here are the steps I used:

1.Turned off earbuds and moved them to a distance where they could not be paired.

2.Turned off Fitbit Versa (Hold left and bottom right button for ~10 seconds

3.Repeated normal Bluetooth discovery / pairing process.

4. Said a prayer that this isn't something I have to do EVERTIME...ugh

Best Answer

Hi, it does not work for me, I tried everything but my earphones does not work, I do not know what to do. I have Xiaomi Mi Sports Bluetooth Earphones. I did exacly what you said but nothing, so if you have some other solution please help me 🙂 

Steps:

1. Turn off my fitbit versa

2. Turn off my earphones

3. Go far far away from other devices

4. Delete connection between my earphones and my mobile

5. Turn on both devices (watch and earphones)

6. Go to setting ->bluetooth->music via bluetooth pair/on->audio device-> nothing here 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here.

I can get it to say on the phone it is pairing to my Bluetooth headphones but it just stays with the rotating blue circle forever and my headphones will say pairing failed after like 4 minutes. These same headphones pair easily to everyo device I own. And yes I know to turn off Bluetooth on other devices in the area so it's not accidentally connecting with oh say my phone. Disappointed. It will literally stay in the pairing mode indefinitely and not connect as shown in the photo. Garmin is  looking better everyday.

Best Answer

I cannot get my buds+ to pair with my versa. I have tried everything and it's so blooming frustrating. Neither is cheap and it should be a simple to set up! Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Best Answer

Had the same problem buddy, to be honest, Bluetooth headsets have some issues with connection, or pairing, or charging. Personally I didn't use them at all, cause I'm sick with these problems what always appear at any kind of Bluetooth headsets. So I decided to buy good headphones for replacement of my Bluetooth headset, I asked my friend and he recommended me to go to audio-direct.com for good consultation and recommendations about my problem. With this help, I found good and affordable headset with good sound quality.

Best Answer
0 Votes