Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth version, 4.0?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

versa specifications say bluetooth version is 4.0, is it correct?

4.0 is a 2010 bluetooth technology so i hope versa has a newer version (4.1, 4.2, etc.)

Thanks,

Massimo

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hey all -- Per our specs page, Versa has a Bluetooth 4.0 radio transceiver. 

Screen Shot 2018-03-23 at 3.22.11 PM.png

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

All the documentation I've seen suggest it is 4.0 LE

Perhaps it's not the latest and greatest to support older phones?

Best Answer

Having read up on Bluetooth 4.0, 4.1 and 4.2, it would seem that version 4.2 is fully backwards compatible, so supporting older phones shouldn't be a problem. I can see the benefits, mainly the added bandwidth. Maybe the extra bandwidth would make syncing more reliable. 

As @SteveH pointed out though, all of the documentation regarding the Versa only refers to Bluetooth 4.0. With that in mind I think we can probably assume it only has version 4.0.

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

first of all thanks for the replies

flyer (the headphones) has bluetooth 4.2 so i really don't understand why versa as an old version like 4.0

thanks again

Best Answer

Fitbit doesn't seem to be interested or capable in addressing the various Bluetooth versions.  According to WIkipedia, 4.1 and higher will work fine for 4.0 functions:

Bluetooth 4.1

The Bluetooth SIG announced formal adoption of the Bluetooth v4.1 specification on 4 December 2013. This specification is an incremental software update to Bluetooth Specification v4.0, and not a hardware update. The update incorporates Bluetooth Core Specification Addenda (CSA 1, 2, 3 & 4) and adds new features that improve consumer usability. These include increased co-existence support for LTE, bulk data exchange rates—and aid developer innovation by allowing devices to support multiple roles simultaneously.

New features of this specification include:

Best Answer

Maybe they started the planning for the versa before the new version of Bluetooth? i'm assuming Bluetooth is as much a hardware as software thing...

?
Best Answer
0 Votes

In my past experience, Fitbit will work with any software/Bluetooth above version 4.0.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey all -- Per our specs page, Versa has a Bluetooth 4.0 radio transceiver. 

Screen Shot 2018-03-23 at 3.22.11 PM.png

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have an Iphone 6S that does not have Bluetooth 4.0.  What features will work if I was to purchase the Versa?  

Best Answer
0 Votes