Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I control music from my phone with Versa?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Can anyone help - I know you can store and play music on the watch itself on the Versa (like the Ionic) ... but what I need to know is can I control music playing on my phone from the watch (like my Blaze does). I need to have my phone connected via aux to stereo in my fitness classes and stop/start my tracks from across the room. Really want it ... but this is my deciding point. Ta

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Jojo369wrote:

Can anyone help - I know you can store and play music on the watch itself on the Versa (like the Ionic) ... but what I need to know is can I control music playing on my phone from the watch (like my Blaze does). I need to have my phone connected via aux to stereo in my fitness classes and stop/start my tracks from across the room. Really want it ... but this is my deciding point. Ta

Yes, you’ll be able to control music on your phone from your Versa. The only limitation is it must be in Bluetooth range 🙂 but across the room should be fine.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
61 REPLIES 61

@Jojo369wrote:

Yes, you’ll be able to control music on your phone from your Versa. The only limitation is it must be in Bluetooth range 🙂 but across the room should be fine.

Best Answer

How doni connect my phone to my versa so thst I can shuffle between song on streaming music apps played on my phone. When you go to settings then bluetooth your phone doesnt show up. Makes sense since its already paired. But I cant control it in the music control screen. Any thoughts?

Best Answer
0 Votes

That is something I’m also trying to figure out. Tried to add my phone as an audio device. But the versa can’t connect, even when my Bluetooth is on.

Best Answer

@StephenR

I got it to work!

1. hold the left button of the versa.

2. Swipe right so you go to the left page of the screen on your versa.

3. Select your phone as the output source. 

4. When your Bluetooth is on and your music on the phone is playing.. you hold the left button again. Then you should be able to see music controls.

Then it should work. 

Best Answer

Thanks guys!  This helped, i was starting to think I couldn't control music from the fitbit versa!!!!

Best Answer

You da MVP 🙌🏼

Best Answer

How I can control my music from the versa? Please Help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

To: @lakoppitop

1. hold the left button of the versa.

2. Swipe right so you go to the left page of the screen on your versa.

3. Select your phone as the output source. 

4. When your Bluetooth is on and your music on the phone is playing.. you hold the left button again. Then you should be able to see music controls.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I still cant get mine to work, ive tried following these stels, unpairing amd repairing to my versa, but it still wont control my music... 

Best Answer

Ok how do I do it

Best Answer
0 Votes

Step 1: Press and hold left button to get to this screen. Swipe right to get to next step.Step 1: Press and hold left button to get to this screen. Swipe right to get to next step.

Step 2: Click on the 3 dots on the lower left side.Step 2: Click on the 3 dots on the lower left side.

Step 3: Select the Phone icon on the right.Step 3: Select the Phone icon on the right.

Should look like this now. That means you’ve chosen to control the music from your phone now. Click on the left side button to exit.Should look like this now. That means you’ve chosen to control the music from your phone now. Click on the left side button to exit.

Go to any music app on your phone and start playing something. Then press and hold the left button on the Versa and you should see this screen now.Go to any music app on your phone and start playing something. Then press and hold the left button on the Versa and you should see this screen now.

Best Answer

Thanks for the pictures. But when I get to step 2 I don't have "music controls" I get "connect phone". All the other steps are the same but the music controls never appear. 

I also tried changing the Bluetooth connection options in the settings but it doesn't work either. Also in tried to add an audio device but it won't find my phone even though my watch is syncing with my phone. Can someone help I got this watch because it said you could control your music from the watch! 

Best Answer

Try looking on the watch in settings -> Bluetooth, turn music via Bluetooth to pair, pair with phone again (it probably has another icon than the already paired versa).

IMG_20180602_080027_405.jpg

I had to then pair the versa for it to work. 

Best Answer
I have followed these steps and it still doesnt work
Best Answer

@Trinini25 wrote:

Thanks for the pictures. But when I get to step 2 I don't have "music controls" I get "connect phone". All the other steps are the same but the music controls never appear. 

I also tried changing the Bluetooth connection options in the settings but it doesn't work either. Also in tried to add an audio device but it won't find my phone even though my watch is syncing with my phone. Can someone help I got this watch because it said you could control your music from the watch! 

from bluetooth settings did you select 'pair'? this is how I got Versa classic to pair? using the +Audio Device never finds my phone

WhatsApp Image 2018-06-02 at 13.48.02.jpegWhatsApp Image 2018-06-02 at 13.48.01.jpeg

have to say even though I've got it to control music a few times it's incredibly temperamental so not reliable for this in anyway, not even funny considering the kick starter funded pebble mach 1 did this basic function from pairing your phone, now you have to pair your phone, pair versa classic, long press toggle, it's a mess

even though versa classic is paired I still don't get the music controls 9 out of 10 times

WhatsApp Image 2018-06-02 at 13.48.01(1).jpeg

Best Answer

Thanks that worked!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would get in touch with support, they were able to walk me through it on the phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

OK so...

If I have my headphones in my phone (connected via Bluetooth), can I control the music playing on my phone using the versa, or is that too many connections?

So i'd have my Spotify playing and coming through my Bluetooth headphones, my phone will also be connected to my fitbit, so can I play/pause/skip my music using the fitbit?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MollyMes wrote:

OK so...

If I have my headphones in my phone (connected via Bluetooth), can I control the music playing on my phone using the versa, or is that too many connections?

So i'd have my Spotify playing and coming through my Bluetooth headphones, my phone will also be connected to my fitbit, so can I play/pause/skip my music using the fitbit?

You should be fine with both bluetooth connections

I have this working with google play music, both headphone and versa classic are connected and I can control the music from Versa just fine

WhatsApp Image 2018-06-08 at 12.43.14.jpeg

Best Answer