Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we end a workout without pausing it?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Recently got my  Versa, loving it. Although I do have a niggle and it's regarding finishing a workout.

Would it be possible to end a workout by holding the pause button for a few seconds rather then having to pause a workout, finish it and then confirm you want to finish it. I feel it's a little long winded.

Unless we can do this already?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
18 REPLIES 18

@Adil786 Welcome to the Fitbit Community.

Thank you for your suggestion. At the moment, there is actually no option to end a workout without pressing the pause button. We have a board called Feature Suggestions where you can share your ideas. This board is constantly visited by our developers team and once any update is available it's communicated as soon as possible.

Hope to see you around more often.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been a Fitbit user for three years but my new Versa may be the reason I switch to another company.  I am totally unable to end my workout!  I press pause, hold the bottom button, but all the device allows me to do Ian pause, resume, or lose everything by resetting it.  Do I have a defective device?  I am going to mail it and all the extra bands I bought back for refund tomorrow morning if I canoget it to work.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

After I pause a workout, i can press the green flag in the upper right corner. That ends the workout for me.

Best Answer
OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH, Cookiedude! You saved my sanity. Nowhere in any instructions I received or found online did it say to press the green flag in the upper right corner. If you were nearby, I would send you cookies, unless you make cookies in which case I would buy them. Thank you again!!
Best Answer
0 Votes

It's a multi step process to end, which is cumbersome.  You have to pause, then push the flag to end and the push the END button to really end it.  Not real user friendly.  I often forget that last step.

Best Answer
Thank you *very, very much* for your help! That is a lot of steps, and I didn’t see included in any of the instructions to press the green flag. I was so frustrated!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hitting the green (black and white) checkered flag stopped my workouts.

Best Answer

I cannot end my exercise time.  PAUSE and FLAG appear after lots of pressing buttons and touching,  but pause sign and flag still appear after I have been out of the waterfor 1.5 hours.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Exercise is over.   Versa won't stop!  Tried everything!  Help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Try holding down the left button and the bottom right button at the same time until the unit turns off. Press any button to turn it back on.

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Versa/Is-the-Versa-waterproof/td-p/2657433 . Read this article. You must dry out the versa after water use.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

IT WORKED!  . Thank you!  Now, I have an exercise record of 1 hour in the water and 1.5 hours walking around!  I hope it works well next time!  Thanks again!

My app did not give credit for my workout this am.

The app does not have a record of my am workout.  Did the process of getting it to end the session delete the workout?  That hardly seems fair nor reliable.

Moderator edit: merged replies

Best Answer
0 Votes
After you press Pause and tap the Flag, go to the very bottom of the Fitbit screen and press the red End. It’s a lot of steps to end and save a workout.
Best Answer

Hi, Janet!  Thanks!  I did get my Versa to stop logging exercise, but then there is no record of any exercising on my app!  I hate that those times are note recorded.  Is it another thing of "wait til it catches up?"  Oops.  Also, I've never send a red END on my Versa.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have been having a hard time with mine lately, and so has a friend - Versas just don’t want to sync to the app, and it happens frequently. It’s very frustrating, and the worst is when it won’t log workouts! The aggravation practically destroys all the endorphins you get from the workout.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@W84me @JanetMcC It's great to see you in our Fitbit Community! I'm sorry for the late response. However, I would like to follow up and would like to know if the issue persists or if it got resolved.

In the meantime, please try setting up your Versa trackers as new devices. After this, monitor your workouts and see if the issue gets fixed.

Looking forward to your responses! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello! Thank you for checking in on this. I did reset both devices and that worked. The issue of them not synching has occurred with past iOS updates, so we are glad to have this solution in our back pockets.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@JanetMcC I'm sorry for the late response. However, I'm so glad to hear that you managed to get the issue fixed. Thank you for posting the update here.

I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Hope to see you in our Fitbit Community more often! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, 

I got my girlfriend a versa about a month aho and She keeps getting issues with ending the workout.

When she pause the workout, then touch the flag it appears the "cancel or end" screen, but we're not able to actually tap any button (either touchscreen or buttons), the only way is to hold left button and right bottom to go back to main screen but loosing the workout.

I tried restart the Fitbit, it.worked once and then again the day after wasn't working anymore. It's literally not possible to choose to end the workout, what can we try to do? Everything else works fine 

Best Answer