Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coupon for Pebble owners

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is there a chance that the $50 offer for Pebble owners on the Ionic will be extended to include the Versa? The Versa actually looks nice (it looks a lot like a Pebble Time Steel, actually), and I can see myself swapping out my Charge 2 for this. 

Best Answer
103 REPLIES 103

Out of curiosity, when did the $50 off deal come into effect? I've had a Pebble for over 2 years easy and haven't been offered anything to entice me to get a Fitbit. Verse might be the one. 

Best Answer

I have not gotten anything from Fitbit either and I am pretty sure the coupon is live. I have been told by sales chat I can't get the discount without the code nor would they tell me how to get the code. I found a form to fill out but still haven't gotten anything from Fitbit and when I asked the dev team I was told spring time. I would think I would get an email from Fitbit acknowledging that they got my form submission..

Best Answer

Grumble grumble. Please invite us to buy a versa, even if you pro-rated the discount amount due to the lower RRP. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also never got a response for the discount for the Ionic after filling out the form fill profile and i'm sure my SN is good for my pebble it is a KS edition. I also have an OG kicking around as well (man what a great watch)

Best Answer

@AlessFitbit Is there likely to be any news on this soon?  To be honest, my enthusiasm for taking my discount and jumping in with a pre-order is rapidly waning.

Best Answer

Great to hear it's being discussed!  I've been a die hard pebble user for a while and have been hesitant to jump to anything.I, like @SenorBeefmuffin, am in the camp of I would give it a go with the discount honored. Thanks for going to bat for us @AlessFitbit!

Best Answer

I am interested in this as well. Been a Pebble user for quite some time and the Versa has my interest. A discount may be enough to sway me! I got the email for a discount on the Ionic, but that style watch would ever work for me. 

Best Answer

@SenorBeefmuffin I got an email from Fitbit and we can still keep our hopes alive. It says: 

"The offer was for Ionic only, but the team leading that initiative is looking about Versa. I can’t promise anything ..."

@AlessFitbit This post has reached 1714 views in a very short time. Fibbit could easily find the unique views from there and those are potential buyers. You can add these statistics to the pre-order.

It is not that $50 makes a huge difference. Probably, I will still buy the Versa without the coupon, but I would like to see a gesture from Fitbit to the Pebble community. Instead of headlines like Fitbit  "show Pebblers love" by killing off support for the Pebble this summer. It could be: Fitbit shows Pebblers love with a discounted price on a Fitbit Versa with Pebble DNA. 

Best Answer

I filled out the online form and still no coupon. How long does it take to receive?

Best Answer

Per fitbit support you have to be patient.

Willian: The form was filled properly. So in this case you will need to wait for a response from the marketing team once they have reviewed your response.Willian: We are not able to rush this process.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I posted this over in the SDK forum which had the Pebble Discount FAQ, but putting it here, too. 

TL: DR - I'd love to hear of ANYONE who received the discount.  The comments from Alessa seem more placating than promise. There is also no logic behind not extending this to Versa purchases. The original discount is starting to sound like false advertising. (Plus, the "form" was a Google doc, not a web-based form - just suspicious??) 

Here's my other post:

I'm curious if anyone ever received the Fitbit discount for Pebblers at all?  The first FAQ says: 

Q: When will I get my discount code?

A: We are working on finalizing the program. As stated in our original announcement, we're aiming to have everything ready to go by Spring 2018.

I just chatted with a FitBit sales rep who informed me the promotion was now over (uh...if I'm not mistaken, 3/20 was the first official day of Spring, so that's a very fast promotion). 

I had the original Pebble and a Pebble Time Round.  I bought an Ionic and while it's ok and a good step forward, it is still buggy and bulky.  I bought the Ionic at Best Buy since I haven't heard any movement on this promotion.  Since I did not use the discount for an Ionic, I'd like to know if I could have a discount on a pre-order for Versa.

The sales rep I chatted with was unapologetic -  "Vanessa" told me "the discount being offered to pebble users before already ended" and "discounts do not work too with the new devices."  

It is disappointing that Fitbit can't continue the discount (presuming it's not just smoke and mirrors) for Pebble users to buy Versa.  After all, every Pebble user out there will be happy to point out that no, the new Versa isn't copying the Apple Watch - it's a Pebble finally from Fitbit!  

So, did anyone actually receive a discount or promo code?

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is really odd.  I tried to post in this thread, but my post is listed under "rejected" in my profile. 

At any rate, check out the Pebble Discount FAQ here.  

The question is:  Is the Pebble discount real at all?  Has anyone received one?  We are all being told the discount is now over, but the FAQ says it will provided in "Spring 2018." Some of you seem to be hearing "be patient."

I'm trying to avoid my post being rejected again so I'll keep this simple.  This situation is frustrating.  

Best Answer

I'm not sure where the confusion is coming from... But I want to share my experience.

I was e-mailed a good while back that as part of the rollout of IONIC, they were showing Pebble owners love by offering a $50 discount.

The Fitbit team has been consistent to me about them not having a discount now, especially during the initial launch/promotion. They have noted they would look into the discount under the Versa product, but no commitment has been made. 

In other words, if the discount was to be extended to Versa, it would be purely out of goodwill towards the Pebble community.

So, my $.02 is that I'm hopeful the Fitibit team considers extending the offer as I (and a few others it seems) would be interested in moving from Pebble and going with the Versa.  But, I don't want to give the impression that I feel I'm owed it. 

To me, it's more of - well, that'd be pretty cool if they did, and I'm just waiting to see if they do Smiley Happy.

Hope that helps clarify the situation from my perspective.

Best Answer

I am not a Pebble owner, but it sounds to me like Fitbit made an offer on the Ionic. Lucky Pebble people! If it isnt offered on the Versa - get over it. Why do you think you are so special? If you cant afford it, buy someting you can like the rest of the population.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The fact that this is even becoming such a contentious issue at all, from what was meant to be a positive overture literally framed as an act of "love" (not putting any words in Fitbit's mouth here) is really a shame and an avoidable messaging failure on the part of Fitbit.  The thing that makes Pebble users "so special" is that a lot of the key features that make the Versa so attractive to so many people were lifted directly from our ecosystem -- including the developer community and the apps and watchfaces they designed for us, now being offered on the Versa and Ionic (and not any further to/for us).  Even down to the refreshing (for Fitbit) design of the Versa, no matter what anyone may say to the contrary (insert idiom about something being self-evident here).  There are a lot of Pebblers who harbor a fair bit of resentment over the whole thing... but at the same time, it is/was a major semi-captive potential customer base for the taking, if handled well.  Those of us (probably half, and a significant enough number to make a difference relative to Fitbit's total user base) who are/were receptive to transitioning to Fitbit were really optimistic about the consideration being shown with the discount among other things... given that for a meaningful number of users the device they are currently using just fine will stop working the moment Fitbit flips the off switch at the end of June.  So although there's no binding obligation for Fitbit to offset the lost value to many of us that will coincide with that step, it was enough of a gesture for many of us to personally decide to start wearing the word "Fitbit" on our bodies at some point in the very near future.

However, everything about the offer and how it was being sold to us is undercut if it was really only a way to try to clear some underselling (and, to most of us, overpriced relative to our needs) devices that were a semi-poor fit to replace our existing wrist-bound companions.  If the overture suddenly doesn't apply, despite being an even better fit for the explanations we were given, just because it appear that it will be a successful product in part at our expense... that would be pretty disappointing.  Honestly, I still think there's a high likelihood this has all been an example of poor messaging from the top at Fitbit and that the offer will eventually be honored to help pull us into the Versa user base (and it does actually make enough of a difference to matter to many if not most of us).  That success itself, and a potential repeat of the inventory issues seen with the Ionic may actually hang in the balance... so it would be pretty bad strategically for Fitbit to not come out and give us a definite "yes, it will be honored for the Versa" even if that comes with a "but" of some sort, and soon.  Maybe they can confirm it will work but only in June.  Maybe they can confirm it will work but for $30 instead of $50.  Whatever it is... they need to make a definitive statement ASAP that is consistent with what they really intend/intended to do here.

Best Answer
0 Votes

As much as I think this is intentionally meant to troll people, I'll take the bait... 

There's more to the story than meets the eye. The Pebble community is one that was bought out by Fitbit. The Ionic largely was not a feature level replacement for any of the Pebble watches. The Versa is much closer. Support for the Pebble is going away very soon. So many are willing to make the jump if the offer is extended to the product more closely aligned with what we had.

Best Answer

@NellyG I tried to respond with an explanation/perspective but my comment isn't showing up?  Is this thread now under post-level moderator-approval?

Best Answer
0 Votes

No I'm not a troll - I know very little about Pebble, but when the company I deal with gets bought out by someone (eg my internet provider) you deal with it and go with the one that bought it out or you decide you dont like them and go with someone else. Thinks get bought out - thats life.

@SenorBeefmuffin  No idea if there is pre-mod on this thread or not, but I doubt it. It is probably just the new spam filters getting in the way (lots of spam lately but much less since the new filter - but they do get in the way of posting at times). Try wording it differently and it will probably go through.

Community Council Member

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@NellyG OK will try again (if you are reading this, I guess it worked!):

The fact that this is even becoming such a contentious issue at all, from what was meant to be a positive overture literally framed as an act of 'love' (not putting any words in Fitbit's mouth here) is really a shame and an avoidable messaging failure on the part of Fitbit. The thing that makes Pebble users 'so special' is that a lot of the key features that make the Versa so attractive to so many people were lifted directly from our ecosystem -- including the developer community and the apps and watchfaces they designed for us, now being offered on the Versa and Ionic (and not any further to/for us). Even down to the refreshing (for Fitbit) design of the Versa, no matter what anyone may say to the contrary (insert idiom about something being self-evident here). There are a lot of Pebblers who harbor a fair bit of resentment over the whole thing... but at the same time, it is/was a major semi-captive potential customer base for the taking, if handled well. Those of us (probably half, and a significant enough number to make a difference relative to Fitbit's total user base) who are/were receptive to transitioning to Fitbit were really optimistic about the consideration being shown with the discount among other things... given that for a meaningful number of users the device they are currently using just fine will stop working the moment Fitbit flips the off switch at the end of June. So although there's no binding obligation for Fitbit to offset the lost value to many of us that will coincide with that step, it was enough of a gesture for many of us to personally decide to start wearing the word 'Fitbit' on our bodies at some point in the very near future.

However, everything about the offer and how it was being sold to us is undercut if it was really only a way to try to clear some underselling (and, to most of us, overpriced relative to our needs) devices that were a semi-poor fit to replace our existing wrist-bound companions. If the overture suddenly doesn't apply, despite being an even better fit for the explanations we were given, just because it appear that it will be a successful product in part at our expense... that would be pretty disappointing. Honestly, I still think there's a high likelihood this has all been an example of poor messaging from the top at Fitbit and that the offer will eventually be honored to help pull us into the Versa user base (and it does actually make enough of a difference to matter to many if not most of us). That success itself, and a potential repeat of the inventory issues seen with the Ionic may actually hang in the balance... so it would be pretty bad strategically for Fitbit to not come out and give us a definite 'yes, it will be honored for the Versa' even if that comes with a 'but' of some sort, and soon. Maybe they can confirm it will work but only in June. Maybe they can confirm it will work but for $30 instead of $50. Whatever it is... they need to make a definitive statement ASAP that is consistent with what they really intend/intended to do here.

Best Answer

It worked!

Community Council Member

Best Answer
0 Votes