Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Dashboard problem?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I got my Fitbit Versa yesterday and I was satisfied with the watch itself. It was very accurate in all stats, but during charge it said I burned about 1,648 calories. I didn't wear it last night because I'm not a fan of wearing accessories during my sleep. However the main problem was that when I opened the fitbit app this morning and opened the dashboard to see how it displays our calories burnt, it said I had used the watch for over weeks, and each day tracks 1,648 calories. Is there something wrong with the app or with my watch? What can I do to prevent it in the future?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I think it's working ok.

As well as tracking calories burned through activity your fitbit also tracks your BMR calories. These are the calories you burn just keeping your body alive (even when asleep). They are calculated from your profile settings for age, height, weight etc so you needn't be wearing your fitbit to get them. What you see first thing in the morning includes the total BMR calories burned since midnight.

If you look at a day in the past then it will calculate the total BMR calories for the full 24 hours.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

I think it's working ok.

As well as tracking calories burned through activity your fitbit also tracks your BMR calories. These are the calories you burn just keeping your body alive (even when asleep). They are calculated from your profile settings for age, height, weight etc so you needn't be wearing your fitbit to get them. What you see first thing in the morning includes the total BMR calories burned since midnight.

If you look at a day in the past then it will calculate the total BMR calories for the full 24 hours.

Best Answer

By bringing up a past day, your asking Fitbit what it knows about the day. 

Fitbit really does not know much about the day, since there was no activity recorded. It does know a few things about you and as @SteveH says will guestamateguthe calories burnt as if you where laying in bed all day. This would be the calories needed to keep the body alive. 

Best Answer