Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Versa will not turn on

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit Versa was working and it just randomly turned off and will not turn back on. I have the Fitbit charging but there is no sign of it turning back on. Anyone know what is going on? This is a little frustrating since I have had it for a week.

Best Answer
275 REPLIES 275

A warm welcome to the Community @MariaMcF.

Thanks for troubleshooting this by yourself. Have you tried to restart your Versa? If you haven't, I recommend restarting by doing the following:

1. Press and hold the back (left) and bottom buttons until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen. This should take less than 10 seconds.
  2. Let go of the buttons.

I hope this helps, let me know how it goes. Smiley Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

I am having a similar problem - my Versa is randomly turning off and then will flash the Fitbit screen and take some time to start up again to show my Home Screen. I just got it today and I have already tried restarting it, so I'm not sure what's going on...

Best Answer

Great to welcome you @SunsetRunner.

I appreciate the efforts you did in order to fix this and would like to know if you keep having problems with your Versa?

Have you tried to set it up? If you haven't, I recommend pairing it by doing the following from your Fitbit app:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon.
  2. Tap Set Up a Device.
  3. Choose your device and follow the on-screen instructions to continue.

Hope to hear from you soon. Smiley Happy

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

Hi Alejandra,

Thank you for your suggestions. I did complete the set-up process for my device (paired it to my phone, added some Music via my computer) and I had been trying a couple different clock faces. I decided to switch to the original, "Layers" clock face because the Quick-view capability was only working about 25% of the time, and as I said, it kept on turning off on me. Since I switched back to Layers (shortly after my last post), I have not had it turn off on me and the Quick-view capability has consistently worked. I think it very much had something to do with the online clock face I had chosen.

Fingers crossed that this has resolved the issue, but I would like to be able to use a different clock face in the future (I would like to see steps, HR, time, and weather all on my front screen).

Dana

Best Answer

Hi. Today my Fitbit versa shut off on me today at work. My Fitbit will be a week old on Wednesday. I read last week that there are a lot of complaints about crappy battery life. I had charged my battery Friday night so I was thinking ok maybe I have a crappy battery. I get home and hook it to the battery and it does nothing. So I google how to turn it on and find an article were people are having problems with them shutting off also for no reason. So I turn my back on when I turn it on my battery life was at 73% (which it was no way it had charge that fast when I got home because I didn’t even leave it on the charge for 5 minutes). I saw where someone changed the clock they were using and hasn’t had the problem with the screen shutting off but with the price I paid for this and since those clock faces come with the Fitbit I should be able to use this on my Fitbit and not have a problem. What is Fitbit going to do about these problems? I had a Charge 2 before this one and never had any problems with it.

Best Answer

Those are great news @SunsetRunner, I am glad to hear that your Versa is now working properly, I appreciate the troubleshoot provided. If you need anything else, do not hesitate to post it.

@aimeehumble welcome to the Forums. Could you please be more specific about the issue you are experiencing with your Versa, is it with battery, with it turning off? What troubleshoot have you tried so far?

See you around. Robot Happy

Best Answer

I am having the same problem, have tried to restart Fitbit by holding buttons down but nothing is happening, Fitbit has synced to phone.

Please help it is only a week old, if this is a problem then it will be going back!

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

There have been numerous posts on here indicating that some of the third party watch faces are to blame for randomly restarting or shutting off the Versa. I personally was using the SpaceX clock face when my Versa was randomly restarting all day long. I have since changed to a Fitbit developed watch face and have not had any problems. I personally will not use any watch faces other than what Fitbit has developed for this very reason.

Best Answer
I have only used what was provided on my Fitbit app. I haven’t downloaded any new ones. It has only happen once so far

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I put my Versa on the charger to charge and when I came back after one hour it was very hot and not responding at all.  Tried all the buttons with no response, my Fitbit is less then a month old but can't get it to come back on. I never did change the clock face like some others that are here and having the same trouble. 

Help please!!!

Best Answer

Hey @mummatonk, @SunsetRunner, @aimeehumble and @DJSheena thanks for your participation in the Community.

Our friend here provided a good troubleshoot, have you tried to change your clock face? If you haven't, I recommend trying this by following the instructions provided in the How do I change the clock face on my Fitbit device? article.

Also, I am glad to hear that for some of you this issue has been resolved, if you need anything else let me know.

Catch you later. Woman Happy

Best Answer

Am having this same problem. Randomly restarting. Considering I just got it, I'm kind of scared.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ELS425  Are you using a third party watch face?  If so, change it to a Fitbit developed watch face. I was using SpaceX watch face and ever since I started using only Fitbit developed watch faces, I have not had a problem with my Versa restarting on it's own.

Best Answer

Thanks for your reply, I just looked and yes I'm using that same watch face. I changed to a Fitbit face and I will update hopefully later today that it's better.

Does anyone know if the third party type watch faces are tested by Fitbit? Or are they just  put out there?

Best Answer

Hi Alejandra,

I got my Fitbit Versa yesterday and have charged it as it ran out of battery during the night. After charging it today it only shows the Fitbit icon and will not show the dashboard or any other function on the watch. I have tried restarting it and so on, but it turns off and when I turn it on again it still just shows the Fitbit icon. What can I do? I really appreciate any help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same happend to me today, it will not respond at all

Best Answer

Hi, I did face the problem. Try changing clock face from ur phone. It might wake the device up. But this is not the right solution for every time. Fitbit, you gotta fix this quick. Thanks

Best Answer

Hi, I’ve had my Versa for all of 16 hours and now I can’t get it to turn on. I had been using a third party clock face when I first encountered the issue an hour ago but was able to restart the watch by placing it in its charger. I then reste the clock face to a Fitbit one. The watch still turned off. Now I can’t get it to turn on no matter what I do.

I’ve tried holding the left button for 10 seconds. I’ve tried holding the left button and both right buttons for 15-20 seconds then holding the left button for 10 seconds. I’ve tried placing it back in the base. None of these things are working. 

The battery is 100% charged. I can feel the watch getting warm in the charging cradle but it isn’t responding. 

Best Answer

Now what? Such a bummer. ( Just bought a headset...) Helpdesk help!

Best Answer