Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Versa will not turn on

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit Versa was working and it just randomly turned off and will not turn back on. I have the Fitbit charging but there is no sign of it turning back on. Anyone know what is going on? This is a little frustrating since I have had it for a week.

Best Answer
275 REPLIES 275
Did u just try holding the left and right bottom button for 10 seconds. It
worked in my case.
--
Thanks,
*Mayur*
Best Answer

I tried that. Didn’t work for me. 

Best Answer

You have to hold the left button and on,y the bottom right button together for about 10-15 seconds. Then you should see the Fitbit logo. Means it has restarted. 

Best Answer

Tried that too. Still dead. 

Best Answer
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I just bought my Fitbit Versa a couple of weeks ago.  Today I noticed that the screen was toggling.  At first I thought it was a charging issue, so I charged it again.  Then I noticed that the screen was shifting from one screen to the next continuously. Now I have a blank face, it won't restart, no matter how hard I press on the back button plus lower button!  Can someone please help?

Best Answer

My Fitbit has done the same thing. This is the fourth one I have had in under a year. 3x Fitbit Blaze later, with similar issues of them not charging or not turning on, and thought I would give the new one a shot but now I am so fed up!!

I’ve had this one under a week and it just randomly turned off. No idea what to do, but feeling like this is the last straw....

And I have held buttons down for 10-15 seconds and nothing ha happened...help desk please assist, this really is not good enough considering how you the device costs.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

Fitbit is refusing to do anything about these issues. I talked to someone today at fitbit and he confirmed that my Versa hasn’t synced since May 16th which I told him it’s set to sync all day everyday and he told me he couldn’t confirm a problem with my versa. Really??!!! They sold us this junk problem and now we are stuck with it. I have done factory reset after factory reset it works for a day or two then back to acting up. I never had any problems with my charge 2! 

Best Answer

I tried cleaning the contacts with a toothpick and a small piece of cotton wool and then restarting again for 20 seconds.  I could see a white screen but then it switched off again.  I'm sending this back to customer care as I've only had it for 2 weeks !  Guys, this is unacceptable.  It never happened to me that I had a brand new watch and I had to send it back within a couple of weeks! What do you think?

Best Answer

I went in to the pool and my fitbit versa stop working. I have try everything that yiu suggest but it do nit turn back againg. I have my versa just for 3 days. What I can do?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello all, I hope you are doing fine.

Thanks for troubleshooting this by yourselves, I am glad to see here that the restart procedure worked for some of you. For the ones that keep having issues, I would like to know if you have get in touch with our support team? Have they offer you a solution for this?

Hope to hear from you soon. Man Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Alejandra, I have not being contacted yet. My watch does not work. I use the watch only for 4 days and now it does not work. I try to turn it on yesterday but it only work for couple of minutes. The worst part was that the touch screen does not work. I hope that I can return the watch and get my money back.

No one from your support team have offer me a solution. I have use my watch only for 4 days and it does not work. How a watch that was design to work under the water went I get inside the pool for the first time? The worst part is that I live outside USA and I do not know how to return my watch and get my money back.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit has just randomly turned off tonight and will not then back on whatever I do. Just wondering what I do about getting a refund? For a $300 watch, it’s not good seeing all the negative reviews I have been seeing. 

Best Answer

It looks like they put in the market a product that does not work. As a company they should give us back our money

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had the same issue and contacted https://contact.fitbit.com. They ask you several questions and then requested a video with a factory reset.  Once it is obvious that the factory reset won't switch on the Versa, they sent me an email with a booking form for an order for a new Versa.  At least, after a week of handling questions I'm getting my new Versa!  I suggest you contact support as per the above email.  I think a bunch of these Versas had technical issues and they rolled them out anyway.  Oh, and keep your charging stations and wrist bands as they only send the tracker as a replacement.  Hope this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Have been in contact with support, nothing work, have sent watch back

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Mine just shut down with a charge and won't turn back on.

Best Answer

Hello all, thanks for the information.

For the ones that have contacted support, I recommend keep working this with them, I know that they will provide you with a solution and if you will be receiving a new watch, you just need to follow the instructions provided in the help article How do I set up my Fitbit device? in order to set it up. Now, for the ones that haven't, I've gone ahead and escalated your cases, please keep an eye on your inbox for further instructions.

See you later. Robot Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

I too am having the same issue. I have tried everything suggested and I just received my replacement charger but the device will not turn on even then. Fitbit has treated this as a charge issue but when my Fitbit stopped working, it was on full battery from the morning. My Fitbit always lasted about 4 days before needing to recharge it. Hopefully you were able to find the solution to this dilemma. If you have can you share what steps you took to see how I can remedy this issue. I don’t want to loos $230 + tax that was spent on this device. 

Best Answer
My Fitbit has been sent back to where I bought it for a refund. Not sure if I will be buying another Versa owing to the problem there seem to be with it and the inability to remedy them.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer