Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Versa will not turn on

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit Versa was working and it just randomly turned off and will not turn back on. I have the Fitbit charging but there is no sign of it turning back on. Anyone know what is going on? This is a little frustrating since I have had it for a week.

Best Answer
275 REPLIES 275

Mine died last night since I didn't have a charger at work and won't come back on, they are sending a new one and want this one. Super bummed, call them, they take good care of you, actually the live chat works great too.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit sent me a new versa after I submitted a video showing that it would not turn

@GetSchwifty wrote:

I too am having the same issue. I have tried everything suggested and I just received my replacement charger but the device will not turn on even then. Fitbit has treated this as a charge issue but when my Fitbit stopped working, it was on full battery from the morning. My Fitbit always lasted about 4 days before needing to recharge it. Hopefully you were able to find the solution to this dilemma. If you have can you share what steps you took to see how I can remedy this issue. I don’t want to loos $230 + tax that was spent on this device. 

on after following steps to reboot it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

As far I can see, they are selling products that are not well tested and damaged products. They not only should give us a new watch, they should recompense us for all the troubles and problems. Plus, they lie at the customer service. I sent my video trough wetransfer and they said that they cannot watch the video due to the format, two days later I receive an email of We transfer that say that nobody has download the video so I sent an email to Fitbit support once again. They sell bad products and they customer service is even worse.

Versa=scam. Look my watchwatch.png

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

I need you to add me to the list to get an email and my issue escalated also.  It is very disturbing that this has happened.  I am very disappointed by how this is being handled.

Best Answer

After my run today my Versa’s screen kept going in and out. Then it cut off and on a few times. Suddenly it got really hot and I had to take it off. After that it will not turn back on. It is not charging either. Fitbit needs to pull the Versa off the market and work out these kinks before selling any more. Not cool for the money I paid for the special edition.

Best Answer
Won’t be replacing my Versa. Think Fitbit need to sort themselves out

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Best Answer
0 Votes

Earlier today my Fitbit Versa went black and will not come back on. I have tried all of the things suggested here but still no results. Please help!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Call or chat with them, I had to return mine.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I’m calling now!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Good, they are helpful, although Ibhad to stay on them.to finally get it back to me, was sent today!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have troubles with my fitbit, only works for 4 days, I went to the pool one day and it stop working. I post this problem here and they contact me. It looks that they put in the market products with problems, at the end they sent me a new fitbit versa. I have use it for more than 10 days and it is doing fine. [they sent the new watch to Ecudor with out charges]. Anyway, I think that you should call them and ask for a new watch, since they have these issues.

Regards,

SN

Best Answer
0 Votes

good day every....recently got my fitbit for father's day. worked very nice at the beginning. all of a sudden today just for strange reason it started to respond slowly. wrong time. heart rate monitor gone cuckoo. meaning i not doing anything and it saying 168. started to navigate and it responding after seconds. i not sure it charging. not restarting as how it should. not even recognizing bluetooth.

someone please tell me whats going on.

@Snajera wrote:

I have troubles with my fitbit, only works for 4 days, I went to the pool one day and it stop working. I post this problem here and they contact me. It looks that they put in the market products with problems, at the end they sent me a new fitbit versa. I have use it for more than 10 days and it is doing fine. [they sent the new watch to Ecudor with out charges]. Anyway, I think that you should call them and ask for a new watch, since they have these issues.

Regards,

SN

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue stated last night it will not charge or turn on!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I called and had to record a video that showed a failed reset. Then they
processed my claim and sent a replacement.
Best Answer

I bought a Fitbit Blaze in January 2017, mostly because of the price and I just didn’t feel the need for another Apple device to tell me I had a notification somewhere. I loved everything about my blaze, I became totally obsessed with my steps, hitting that 10,000 step goal, especially on cardio days! I used it mostly for the steps goals, tracking my sleep and for tracking my workouts. Later I started doing challenges with friends. 

Fast forward to May 28th when I upgraded to the Fitbit versa. STILL loved it! I loved that I could customize the colors of my clock, it still tracked my steps, sleep, and work outs. I used the step goals daily also for 6 hours a day. 

Well july 7th it’s like the world came crashing down. Among other things going on in my life, during a work out I found my Fitbit on the logo restarting itself. It did this several times. It tracked my work out up until the point it restarted. I set up my work out again, and it crashed again. When I finally left the gym it seemed to want to work again for about 2 hours. I synced it, battery was half charged, everything was fine. Until I wanted to check the time and there was nothing.

I did a couple of the steps suggested on some threads here and nothing, I made a phone call, did the things they asked (the girl I talked to was very helpful) and still nothing. When I was about to do the video to send to them, I decided I was going to try and return it. Being a Target red card member I have an additional 30 days to make returns(I had this for about 1.5 months) I was asked what was wrong with it and that was it, I got a full refund. 

And even though I didn’t want to because I loved both my Fitbits so much, I was not ok with buying another Fitbit versa and risk this happenings again, so I had researched the Apple Watch. Despite the poor battery life and having to download a sleep app, I purchased an Apple Watch. I didn’t want to but I took it as a sign that I just needed to do it. I’m slowly liking it, I know it can’t do a lot but I’m a simple person which isn’t why I use Apple form the simplicity I feel it has. Sorry Fitbit, (I sold my blaze to my dad or I would have went back to using it and he like it), but I’ve been converted. 

Best Answer

Yea that’s what I had to do too but very scared that this will happen again and I will not be able to get my money back.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am experiencing the same problem. Versa screen is black. Tried restarting it, but I only see a slight lightening of the screen. It is fully charged. I haven't had this for very long...I don't think it's even been a month.

I cannot turn it off because I can't get anything on the screen in order to reach the Versa settings and settings in the app does not have an option for turning it off.

Please help!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sent ours back, won’t be replacing it. I think they have a major problem that they don’t seem to be able to sort out

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I think you're right.

I'll be sending mine back as well. I'm just sorry I didn't do more investigating before buying it.
Thank you for your response.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I read the trouble shooting messages you received and I cleaned the ports and charged My Versa via computer USB. I am happy to report that after charging it for a little over an hour my Versa did restart and is back to functioning. Hopefully this won't be a continued issue and my battery life will be more consistent. I was really frustrtated when I couldn't get it to turn on this my 3rd fitbit and I do like the products I just wished they were more reliable. Hopefully I won't have to replace my Versa anytime soon.

Best Answer