Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Versa will not turn on

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit Versa was working and it just randomly turned off and will not turn back on. I have the Fitbit charging but there is no sign of it turning back on. Anyone know what is going on? This is a little frustrating since I have had it for a week.

Best Answer
275 REPLIES 275
No they sent me a new 1.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here...I had to get a new one, and so far so good, but I haven't had it that long.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Left button AND bottom right, for a slow 10 count until you see the fitbit icon. Let go of all button and about 15 seconds later it should be working.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone. Sorry to hear that your Versas aren't working as it should. As @jrobiso2 kindly described the recommended troubleshoot for this is a restart. It wouldn't hurt if you clean the contacts on your Versa and plug it for a couple of hours. When charging it connect it directly to your computer's usb port (try different ports) or use an UL listed usb wall adapter. After this try the restart your device as I mentioned before.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having similar issues that started yesterday.  Heart rate showed 176 off my wrist, then shortly after the watch faces were moving without touching it.  Put it on the charger but the screen blacked out and it would not turn on.  Does not seem to be taking a charge at this point either. Tried all the recommended steps to restart, including pushing all 3 buttons to initiate factory reset.  Nothing.  Help, please!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've tried all of these ideas and it won't turn on and now it's saying it's not visible to my phone?

This doesn't help!

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue. I use a Fitbit developed clock face and am completely unable to power the Versa on. I have tried it in two different chargers (both purchased from Fitbit) and it just gets extremely hot.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I chatted with customer service and tried all the steps they asked me to.
And now they are sending me a new one. I'm just wondering if this is
becoming a recall issue!!!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I also live chatted with a customer rep the other day. Talked with the most helpful, awesome person I have ever had in online customer service! They are also replacing my Versa. Good job, Fitbit!

Best Answer

I don't have a back left button. In fact I have no back buttons. Just buttons on the side. My verse won't turn on and gets hot when charging 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine randomly turned off this morning. I still had 47% battery and use the floral watch face which is a Fitbit design and have used it for months. Ive not had it do this until this morning.  took a full 20 minutes to get it restarted. I've already had the charger replaced 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you very much it worked on mine!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m not seeing anything on my Fitbit versa. I’ve tried all the restarting methods and still noting. Also I’ve put it to charge and it’s getting warm but still not coming on. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My follow-up (or what I have learned about Fitbit & Versa): I had to have mine replaced because I didn't purchase the extended warranty. Nothing else worked to get it started back up. Sounds like you have same situation I had. They did replace it. I gave it to my husband and other than ocassional syncing issues, he's happy with it. I think the key is not to get it wet. Wish Fitbit would own up to that instead of saying it's waterproof. DO NOT SHOWER WITH IT ON! Good luck. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree that the key is to not get it WET ! I'm not sure why the Versa is marketed as waterproof becasue it is not! I'm also upset they there seems to be no accountability for the issues with their products. I wish Fitbit would own up to the flaws related to all of their products and actually work to improve the known battery/ heart rate monitor issues instead of putting out new products with the same issues. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree 100% with what you said.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have turned Bluetooth on and off, versa will do nothing. It is charged but will not turn on. Did hold the 2 buttons waiting for the Fitbit icon but once again, nothing. Did receive clock error before all this happened. Tried to get new clock and Then it shut off

Best Answer
0 Votes

Save yourself the frustration and just get a replacement. Fitbit should be ashamwd. Have you gone back to the beginning of this thread? It actually was initiated back in March or May of last year and folks are still having the same issue. It is NOT waterproof for one thing! I hope you are able to get a replacement. Good luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same issue. The fix of rebooting it worked, but this should not be happening for a company that has has multiple product lines, been in business for years, and is supposed to have a rigorous quality assurance department. What is the root cause of the issue and is it software, firmware or hardware related?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Now it just happened three times in one day. I am returning it to Costco and trying another. 

Best Answer