Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app crashes when I add hike to my exercise shortcuts.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Every time I try to add hike to my shortcuts for my versa the fit bit app crashes, I can add or remove any other exercise except the hike, it lets me add it then as soon as I click on it the app crashes !!!

Best Answer
14 REPLIES 14

Hey @Shellzie, it is nice to see new faces around! Woman Happy To be completely honest with you, I haven't heart that this happens when trying to add/remove specifically hike. But don't you worry, let me suggest you to try the following: 

- Restart your Versa

- Log out/log in to your Fitbit account

- Force quit the Fitbit app 

Then try to add your hike again and let me know if that works! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

My app is crashing as well when I try to edit a prerecorded workout. I use the Versa to record a workout under "Workout," then go to the workout in the app and choose edit to change the name, and the app crashes. I have tried closing out of the app and restarting my phone, but it still crashes. And a few times when I went into the app, I was logged out and had to log in again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried both of those it still will not work, I have the app on my computer where i did it and it worked fine but it still will not work on the app on my phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey girls, @Shellzie and @Laura10, it is cool to see you around more often! Thanks for trying the steps that I posted earlier. It seems that this issue is only happening with the mobile app. So beside what you already tried, I'd like you to reboot your phone, log out and log back in to your Fitbit account and try to edit your exercise again. 

Let me know if that works! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried all that. I even uninstalled and reinstalled the app. It still happens. Although the uninstalling and reinstalling stopped the messages I kept getting about notifications not working, but when I tried editing my workout again, the notification started popping up again. Screenshot_20180609-152138.png

Screenshot_20180609-152210.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have also tried all that, I get the exact same message as @Laura10 has got on her log activity picture.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone! I seem to have the exact same problem. Already tried everything  and I keep getting the  same message as you guys. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Boule79 it is annoying I still keep trying everything and nothing works, I had to do mine on the pc maybe you could try doing it that way for now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I guess I'll do that. But it's getting annoying, there are so many little things wrong with the firmware that it's getting frustrating. Like when I go to sleep and my phone it's in another room and the versa keeps vibrating because it looses Bluetooth connection. Well, it's kind of difficult to sleep like that and I use it mainly for workouts and tracking my sleep...

Anyways, I'm hoping that the next firmware update solves at least some of these bugs...

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit versa has always force closed and the app crashes whenever trying to manually add or edit the title of a workout... It also does not show the  :fire: number of calories burned in the summary workout screen. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep, that's the exact same thing that happens to mine. I still have to try to edit in my pc as @Shellzie suggested.

Tough it kind of defeats the purpose of the app...

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Boule79I have had a few different isues with the app and my versa not receiving messages but at night in bed it's never disturbed me, I do keep my phone next to the bed I just turn wifi and data off and silence it, also my notifications on my versa are set to receive no notifications during sleep.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am getting the exact same issue.  I was able to add Hike to my shortcuts (crashed but showed up) and now crashes when I try to look at the exercise shortcut settings.
Has a fix been identified?  I've tried rebooting my phone and restarting the app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I never found a solution I had to do mine on the pc, I have had one thing go wrong after another I no longer use this account I set up a new one today, will see how things go, I did manage to set up hike just fine on my new account.

Best Answer
0 Votes