Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unresponsive Versa with blank screen.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Need some help here my Fitbit versa has stop working black screen will not respond to restart  will not turn on in charging port nothing green heart light works but thin stops working ..

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
102 REPLIES 102

Have you tried several restarts? If so try a Factory reset. If that doesnt bring it back to life you will need to contact Support (link in my signature)

Restart your tracker

FACTORY RESET USING BUTTONS
On the watch, hold all three buttons for about twelve seconds. This triggers the 2-button hardware reboot after about eight seconds.
- When the Fitbit logo appears, then disappears, release the bottom right button, then continue holding the left and top right buttons until you feel a strong vibration. This indicates the factory reset was initiated.
- This process may take several seconds, and eventually, the Fitbit logo appears and the device boots and displays go to Fitbit.com/setup.
- If you fail to release the bottom right button in time, or otherwise don't follow the procedure precisely, the Fitbit logo reappears quickly and boots without factory reset.

If the device turns on, please go back to the Fitbit app and setup your device back to your account with these steps. Make sure your watch is plugged into a wall plug or a computer, next to the router and that there are no other trackers or devices with Bluetooth on nearby when setting up.  Please log into your account, go to account on the upper right corner, there look for "setup a device" and tap on it. Follow the instructions on the screen and let the watch charge for 2 hours.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Ok just tried that still not working its completely dead !

Best Answer

Ok. Thats a shame. You will need to contact Support (link in my signature)

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Hello @TexasCommando, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. It's nice to see you too @NellyG, thanks for all your help. Smiley Happy

@TexasCommando, I appreciate you have shared your experience with us and for having tried the troubleshooting steps kindly provided by @NellyG. At this moment, I've contacted our Support team on your behalf to look into this issue further and provide you with some options. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for further instructions.

In case you need anything else, please feel free to reply as well. Happy stepping.

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

This just happened to my Versa today as well.  It started with not being able to swipe between screens.  Then the screen would dim and the Versa would restart on its own but the versa logo would appear and not go away.  I tried placing it in the charger but it won't charge (I had 50% battery when this happened).  I have tried to restart manually several times with no luck.  Has this been happening to a lot of them?  Is there a fix for this?

Best Answer

I have had the same problem all of you are having and it seems to have started around the same time yours all did. I just have not had time to check out what the problem might be til now. I followed the instructions in the link above and got no results either.  Can someone please direct me?

Best Answer

I would contact customer service directly. They will walk you through the steps to see if it restarts.  It seems there was no fix for mine and they ended up sending me a new one.

Best Answer
Thank you. I did. They are sending a new one.
Best Answer
0 Votes

yes go the email but nothing still wont work only had this thing for a few months now what do i do now ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @TexasCommando,    Did you call customer support or use the live chat option?  They can walk through the steps and if it still doesn't work they may need to send you a new one.  There seems to be an issue with some of them just not working after a while.  I had only had mine for a few months as well.  The customer support was very helpful though!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I did. Could not get it to start back up. They are sending anew one as it
was still under warranty.
Thank you!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @SLP33 and @bren6540, I hope you're doing well, its nice to see you around. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have taken the time to let us know you contacted our Support Team, I'm glad they will be sending you a replacement. 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing happened to my rose gold versa. It started vibrating at odd times and would stay bright/awake for no reason. Next day it went dark. Restart/factory reset dont work. I contacted support. I believe I will get a replacement. But I still dont know the root cause.

Best Answer

Same here. I'm wishing that I would have did more research before investing in my versa.  I can't afford another one.  I've emailed and no reply yet.  hopefully I will hear from them soon.  

Best Answer
Since mine was still within warranty they sent a replacement (no charge to
me)
Best Answer
They replaced my Fitbit Alta. It was only a few months old. So far so good
with the new one 🤞
Best Answer
0 Votes

The same thing happened to my Versa. Looks like Fitbit needs to fix this as it is not an isolated problem. I also got a replacement, but I am worried that the same thing will happen and by then I will no longer be under warranty.

Best Answer

I just got my replacement also and have the same fear.  I was wondering if my warranty would start over with the replacement. Especially since it took forever (more then 2 hours) to update, and it still has times when it does not want to display the time and stats.  

Best Answer

Im on my 2nd one in 2 years and it happened to me but because warranty expired about  6 weeks ago they wont do anything except offer me a discount for a new one. No point buying a new one for it to crap out in a year. Waste of money.

Best Answer