Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HR not tracking/lights stopped flashing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 2/19/19

Hi Versa Fam!

We're aware of an issue where some of you may be experiencing issues with your Versa no longer tracking heart rate (HR) and the lights below on the sensor don't flash.

If you come across this problem, please give the watch a restartWe suggest charging the watch to a full battery and monitoring the HR behavior afterward. 

Just to make sure we have all the bases covered, double-check that you have Heart Rate turned "On" under the Settings app. 

Image from iOS.jpg

If your watch still isn't recording your HR, please let us know and we'll connect you with our Customer Support team. 

Thanks for your troubleshooting efforts! We'll be around if you need us. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
273 REPLIES 273

Hello,

I am having issues with the Versa I received; the battery life expires after a few hours and the heart rate is not being registered when I wear it. How can this be fixed?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Best Answer

Hi,

1. regarding HR not being monitored, make sure it's enabled in the settings of your Versa: On your Versa's home display, swipe form right to the left untill you see "Settings" and press it. Scroll down untill you see Heart Rate and see if its enabled. When it's off, press off and it will change to on. When it's on/enabled in the settings, perform what is suggested in regarding battery life (2).

2. Regarding battery life, try restarting your Versa several times in a row by pressing and holding the left and right lower buttons together untill you see the Fitbit logo and release the buttons. If that does not solve your battery problem, contact Customer Support and ask for a battery test

Best Answer

Hello @Deedy since your having more than a simple hardware problem, I've requested a Moderator to step in.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've the same issue as well battery life supposed to be for 5 days but works for 1 day only 

Best Answer

The HR monitor on my Versa doesn’t seem to work anymore. No light and no reading on the watch or app. Any way to fix this? The Fitbit is less than a year old. 

Best Answer

@DAC1981 Please go to Settings app on your Versa (swiping left), tap it and scroll down to heart rate. Please toggle it ON and OFF with a reboot of versa in between. You can reboot your tracker by pressing and holding the left and bottom right buttons until Fitbit logo flashes. Also, make sure that Versa's battery is not critically low (anything between below 10-15) as the sensor may turn off automatically. I recommend toggling the heart rate settings ON/OFF, rebooting and placing on charger. Good luck!

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

Best Answer

I was having the same issue just now. I followed the above directions about rebooting and it fixed mine. My HR is now tracking. Hope this helps. 

Best Answer

@BeeCharma, I'm glad I could help! 😊👍🏻

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer

That got the light back on but still no HR reading. 

Best Answer

Welcome to the Community @Probleman@Deedy, @SunsetRunner and @Rich_Laue thanks for the input.

I appreciate all the efforts in trying to fix the battery and heart rate issues by yourselves. I recommend taking a look at the following links and follow the instructions provide:

Let me know the outcome. Robot Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey guys, welcome to the Community! 

@BeeCharma, thanks for trying the tips that @Marrrmaduke suggested. Sounds great that they helped you out with this issue on the heart rate monitor of your Versa. 

@DAC1981, thanks for taking the time to fix this. If the heart rate still not appear on the watch itself or on the app, just to confirm, I'd like to know if you are correctly wearing your Versa. For further information, please take a look at the instructions in this help article: Why don't I see my heart rate on my Fitbit device

Let me know how it goes! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

None of these work, I've seriously been through 5 fitbit versas and they ALL have the heart rate issue. I think FitBit needs to do some serious quality control before rolling out a new watch. 

Best Answer

I have the same issue as user Deedy. I followed the instructions to restart my Fitbit several times but my heart rate still isn’t being monitored and after 10 mins, battery already down to 81 from 100. This is just happened in the last 24 hours when the battery rapidly went down to 0 while I was sleeping. After charging back up to 100 I noted it was no longer counting my steps or monitoring my heart rate. It was down to 50 after only a few hours and then I re-charged, re-connected to the app and then when it still wasn’t counting the steps or monitoring the heart rate, I came on here for help. Now it is counting steps again, but no heart rate....the heart symbol just keeps flashing and there are no lights from the back of the pebble which seems wrong. It appears my Fitbit has lost some functionality. Please advise.

Viv

Best Answer
0 Votes

This didn’t work for me. My Fitbit has stopped tracking my heart rate in the last 24 hours and is only 7 months old (after my previous one only lasted 3 month), I have toggled off, rebooted, toggled on and it’s still not tracking and the lights at the back are no longer on either. Also at the same time as this issue...the battery is rapidly running out as opposed to the usual 4 days it is lasting 1 day and even from 60 to 0 while I was sleeping last night.

hope you can help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had to do a few resets and toggles but it eventually started working again. 

Best Answer

@DAC1981 yes. Sometimes one needs to do it several times. 

@Viv44 at this point I would try performing a factory reset. This will wipe your Versa, so please sync first. You will also need to delete your tracker from your Paired Devices list in your phone Bluetooth settings. You can perform factory reset by going to Settings on your Versa, scrolling down to About and tapping Factory Reset. Once Versa resets to factory defaults, you will need to set it up again by adding it as a replacement device in the Fitbit mobile app. Good luck!

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer

The solution works

Best Answer

I just got my Versa in Nov. It is now not tracking my steps in challenges. Not keeping track of hourly steps, not showing heart rate. Red light no longer flashes on back.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer

Try a restart. Do it at least 3 times.

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer