Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heart rate readings too high in Fitbit Versa

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just went on my first run with the Versa and found the heart rate wildly off. I've had several other Fitbit devices that have registered a peak rate between 160-165 bpm for the same run, on the same wrist, with the same wrist placement. This run shows a lengthy section where my heart rate peaks at 209. I'm in my late 40's... No way that is accurate. Anything I can do to fix this?Screenshot_20180421-121418_Fitbit.jpg

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject For Clarity.

Best Answer
531 REPLIES 531

Experiencing the same issue. I'm sitting down at this moment, and my heart rate is detected at 170 bpm.

Best Answer

I was looking for the same answer.  Yesterday, while doing a low key weight lifting routine my high rate reached 186, so Versa is wrong or I have died and I am not satisfied with heaven.  At age 60, either is possible.

Best Answer

I’m having the same issue with my HR readding. I’m also having issues with my detailed sleep stages not showing. I have talked to customer support about both issues. They said they are working on it

Best Answer

Thanks, good to know they are working on it.  I am still trying to understand the sleep thing.  When I have some time I will look into that.  Have a good one.

Best Answer

@Gadams99 wrote:

I have talked to customer support about both issues. They said they are working on it

Did you get a sense this was a temporary system issue or a long-term problem requiring a firmware update?

Good to know I'm not the only person having this problem!

Thanks

Best Answer

Yes I am having that problem too.  Brisk walk registering at 180.  If I stop and take my pulse the old fashioned way it is 85.  I wondered if it is because I have a skinny wrist (5.25") and maybe the sensor wasn't sitting right...but I don't really think that's the problem.  Good to hear I'm not the only one having this issue.

Best Answer
I’m thinking a firmware issue

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have worked out 5 straight days since I got the Versa, everyday, every work out the bpm and the step count is high. My iPhone and WalkingSpree register about 30% less steps. This is firmware. BTW, my wrists are considered medium to large.

Giving another your full attention is an act of love and kindness

Hatred is never appeased by hatred in this world. By non-hatred alone is hatred appeased. (Dhammapada)

“I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

My watch was working just fine. But I gave myself a haircut at 15:00 and my heart rate got as high as 120 during that time... which is ridiculous. It took me some time and because of it I burned 600 fake calories.. and I can’t edit that..

my my run at around noon went fine I think.

hope or they will fix it with a firmware update

07901645-67F1-4C9B-9A47-29EAE41E65ED.png

Best Answer

My problem is the opposite.  While I'm exercising, it shows 60-80bpm... I'm not in that great shape!  Very frustrating.  I'm also having trouble with it underestimating distance so I have gone through all of the reset advice from fit bit on that issue.  Makes me wonder about all the stats it's giving me.

"Because nobody goes through life without a scar." Carol Burnett
Best Answer
I’m also having trouble with the distance. My automatic walking step is set at 29.7 “. It should take me 21551 steps to reach 10 miles. It takes me 23500-24000 steps to reach it

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I'm having the same problem with my new Versa. My Charge HR, recent doctor's visit, and two different blood pressure machines (one at my gym and one at the grocery store) tell me my resting heart rate is 68-72. My Versa will show Heart Rate readings of 85-90 while I'm at my desk on my computer or sitting on my couch watching TV. Just walking around my home, office, or to the light rail it will spike up 100's. Even while sleeping I'm getting heart rate spikes over 100. I got the Versa Thursday. It indicates I was in Fat Burn zone 9 hr 46 min Friday and 4 hr 51 min Saturday, I didn't even work out those days. I tried changing Dominant and non-Dominant Settings, loosening the band, and Restart and Factory Reset, all to no avail. I exchanged it at REI yesterday thinking it was the unit I had but this new one is doing the same. Super frustrating for a $200 investment. I wish Fitbit would put out a statement. How long should we wait for an update?

Best Answer
Yeah I have no idea if it’s my Versa or it’s a software update. If that’s the case why are most people not having issues . I’m also wondering if the HR reading issues I’m having is why I can’t get detailed sleep stages. Could it be on some people it just won’t work properly ?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Yes! I’m having issues, too! I switched from the charge 2 and now suddenly my resting heart rate is 10 bpm higher and the readings when I workout don’t match — for example, I hit treadmill workout and keep the app open and the watch shows 140 bpm and the app shows 128 bpm THEN my watch shows 125 bpm and the app shows 160 bpm. It’s all sorts of screwed up! I guarantee when I’m sprinting full out my heart rate is not 120. I’m in awful shape and that sprint gets my heart rate way up. So annoying bc I’m purposely using Fitbit to lose weight and it’s been working with charge 2 - now I don’t know if I can trust the calorie count. (And yes, I realize fitbits in general aren’t perfectly accurate BUT they’ve been consistent which is just as good for my purposes.)

Best Answer

I'm giving Fitbit another week to resolve the issue.  Otherwise I return it, go back to using my Charge2, and then wait for the next Apple Watch to come out in the fall as it is rumored to have better battery life than their current one.

Best Answer

It looks like the Ionic, which uses the same OS, has the same problems, and has been having them for a while.  I'm not holding out much hope that this will get resolved quickly.

Best Answer
Any idea what the price will be

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I’m not going to wait too long to return mine . I have a case number but I don’t want my time period to return it expire

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I agree, about another week, then return

Giving another your full attention is an act of love and kindness

Hatred is never appeased by hatred in this world. By non-hatred alone is hatred appeased. (Dhammapada)

“I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer