Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How easy is it to change bands?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How easy/robust is the band change mechanism? Could one reasonably do it twice a day: sport band during the day and dress band during the evening? Or is the feature designed for occasional long-term replacement?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @SunsetRunner If the mechanism is anything like the other Fitbits (which we will assume it is), switching bands is quick and easy and can be done as many times as you desire. Apply presser to a small tab, band is released and easily slides off, next band snaps into place. 

Marci | Bellevue, WA

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
124 REPLIES 124

Hi @SunsetRunner If the mechanism is anything like the other Fitbits (which we will assume it is), switching bands is quick and easy and can be done as many times as you desire. Apply presser to a small tab, band is released and easily slides off, next band snaps into place. 

Marci | Bellevue, WA
Best Answer

The process looks pretty straightforward, although maybe a little tricky for those with big hands/fingers. I would say very similar to the Blaze.

IMG_20180318_161703_348.jpg

IMG_20180318_161739_338.jpg

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

That does look fiddly for big fingers. Im sure it will work fine for my small ones, but the mechanism is different to any I have used.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Looks the same as the Blaze. I wonder if the bands I got for my Blaze will fit on the Versa?

Best Answer
0 Votes
i wonder if my old pebble bands would work. We won't have to wait too long to find out 🙂
Fitbit Ionic adidas edition ¦ iPhone X ¦ MacOS
Best Answer
0 Votes

Good questions about if other bands will work. My guess is that they won't but like @iChadman said, it's be too long before we can see for ourselves. 

Marci | Bellevue, WA
Best Answer

This is absolutely the worst experience with bands on Fitibit. I have large hands and i wasn't able to replace the band from the default small to large.It is painful to say the least and a very bad user experience as a buyer of a new product. I'm sticking with my Blaze (since Dec 2016)

Best Answer

I just got my Versa and I found it extremely easy to change out the bands. Maybe my fingers are smaller? But I didn’t have any problems at all. Very quick and easy.

Best Answer
0 Votes

To be honest, it's a pain and will be one of the things I miss most about my Ionic. 

Versa, Ionic, Charge HR, Flex, One. iOs
Best Answer

If you read the Accepted Solution carefully, you will see that it starts with "If".  The person has not tried it! You cannot compare changing bands on an Alta to changing bands on the Versa.  I could change my Alta band in 20 seconds - changing it on the Versa took at least 30 minutes, I broke the thumb, index finger and middle finger nail on both hands and pushed the side buttons so many times, I locked the Versa!  Not at all easy.  I hope I can figure out a better way.  

Best Answer

It's a lot more fiddly than other models, but it doesn't take me more than 30 seconds I don't think. I have small fingers though so I imagine it'd be a lot tougher if you have big hands/fingers.

What isn't shown in the instructions is that, on the default silicon bands at least, there's a little rubber lip. If you don't angle it right to get that lip in the case as you're putting the springed end of the pin in it can be a fight/almost impossible to get the strap to go in the slot.

Best Answer

Spent an hour unsuccessfully trying to attach the band! It seems counterintuitive to advance a product line while regressing in the design of  such a critical part .Every buyer of this product is confronted with this experience right out of the box, literally!  Why didn't they stick with the simpler blaze/ionic band replacement designs?!

Best Answer

I consider the band changing mechanism to be one of the bigger weakness. I found it very clunky to change bands (in my case I was trying out the small vs large bands and swapped it a few times until i decided on one). I would never want to do it twice a day!

(Versa-the woven? fabric band on special edition version)

Best Answer

The first few times, it was a pain to switch the band. It's a bit fiddly, but is ok once you get the hang of it. Also, as @Terrafit said, you have to angle the silicon band just right in order to get it in. Once you get the hang of that, it's not too bad. This is not an issue with the woven band. 

Alta > Versa > Versa 2 > Sense
Best Answer

Good morning,

I purchased a FitBit Versa yesterday from a local retailer.  Also purchased a spare strap of another color.  Being a long-time FitBit enthusiast, I was very excited to get it home and ready to wear...there's where it all went bad for me. While the Versa itself was a fantastic device, changing the strap took me over an hour and several broken fingernails and sore fingers before I finally put the original strap back on, boxed it up and returned it to the store.  I have NEVER had a bad experience with a FitBit product in my life.  So sad.  I would say, if you planned to rarely or never change the strap, it is a great device...otherwise...

Best Answer

Really people?  An hour?

i have big fingers.  I have swapped out bands maybe a dozen times.  The stick silicone band from Fitbit is a bit of a challenge. Have to get it angles in just right.  But no more that a couple of minutes.   Just line it up and wiggle it in.

The aftermarket silicone band I have takes about 20 seconds.  You can lay the band flat and pop it in.

If its such such a struggle to change bands.  Either figure it out.  Or get a band you like and don’t change.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
I think you may be over exaggerating somewhat. I've had my Versa for a few
days now and I'm getting quicker at changing bands. It's nowhere near as
easy as my Ionic, but getting easier each time.
Versa, Ionic, Charge HR, Flex, One. iOs
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm delighted you two found it easy. Pretty sure it's ok for us to say it wasn't.

Best Answer

Thank you @Terrafit ! I was having trouble replacing the Small band with the Large until I saw your comment about the rubber lip! After that I replaced it in 10 seconds! Whew!

To anyone else having trouble, you definitely have to angle the replacement band down so that rubber lip goes in. After that it's a piece of cake.

Best Answer