Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to clean Woven band?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The lavender Versa band is made of soft material. I have a new watch and the band can't be cleaned. The band should not be sold with the Versa. I am disappointed with Fitbit for selling this band.

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I used Persil Detergent. This detergent removes black grease from clothing. It makes the lavender band look new again. Rinse thoroughly. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
18 REPLIES 18

Hello @302p, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have shared your experience with us and for your participation in the Forums. Please note that all Versa bands can be cleaned, if you're wearing the Lavender Woven band, please follow these steps in order to clean it:

• Wipe down the band with a non-abrasive, lint-free cloth. If needed, you can hand wash the band in cold water with mild soap, making sure to rinse thoroughly.
  • Let the band air dry. Direct sunlight, high temperatures and humid conditions can cause discoloration or damage over time.
  • The materials used in these accessories are intended to be worn during normal daily activity. They are not intended to be worn during high-intensity workouts or sleep, which could affect the overall appearance and quality of the accessory is maintained.
  • To minimize discoloration and damage to these bands, limit exposure to moisture and substances like perfume, insect repellent, oil, lotion or dyed materials like denim.

if you'd like to know more about our Product Care tips, please refer to this site: Wear & Care. I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
Thank you for your textbook response. In real life run a Google search on
how to clean the lavendar band. You will find plenty of responses. I will
assure you even the strongest Dawn Dish Detergent is ineffective. However I
did find a product that cleaned the band and restored it to like new
condition in seconds. No it is not acetone. No it is not Dawn Dish
Detergent. It is another detergent.

Why would Fitbit promote a smart watch with a lavendar band and advertise
that the smart watch records sleep patterns and then tell the owners not to
wear the band while sleeping?

Hmmm. So yes I cleaned the band and it looks great and no your instructions
do not work.
Best Answer

Hi, Are you able to share what you used with the rest of us?

And yes I agree it's rediculous to provide a fitness and sleep tracker with a band you can neither exercise or sleep with.  

Best Answer

What detergent did you use to clean it.. 

Best Answer

I used regular hand soap and a soft toothbrush. I then patted it dry with a towel and let it finish air drying. Looks brand new. I paid more to get the one with a lavender band, but I think I'll be looking for a new band because this one does get dirty way to quickly and it makes it look awful.

Best Answer
0 Votes

And that product would be?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I used Persil Detergent. This detergent removes black grease from clothing. It makes the lavender band look new again. Rinse thoroughly. 

Best Answer

I used ecoegg stain remover. Left it 10 minutes, scrubbed gently with soft toothbrush, then rinsed thoroughly under warm/tepid running tap. My strap looks like new.

Best Answer

What an absolutely ridiculous answer. How can you poaaibly state that materials on this band are not supposed to worn during workouts or sleep???

THAT IS what your are selling it!

your lack of common sense doesn’t compensate the elusive attitude to a legitime question

truly irresponsible attitude

Best Answer

Thanks to the community for helping me resolve this.

Best Answer

How often are you washing yours? I got my husband the grey band made of the same material at end of January. He’s not doing intense workouts in at all, but the band gets stinky super fast!!!! He is not one to get stinky or even sweat that much. Lol. Right now we are washing it once a week and letting it air dry. It’s such s pain. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have to admit, if I’m doing anything “physical “ I change to a silicone
black strap, then change back after my shower!
--
🥴
Best Answer

The toothbrush is Key!  Thanks for that tip. I tried to clean with hand soap in the past without success.  I used hand soap wirh the toothbrush. PERFECT!

Thank you so much. 

Best Answer

This confuses me because if the Fitbit Versa isn’t made for high intensity workouts and sleeping, why does the Fitbit record your sleep? And why does it have an exercise program on it where it records your workouts? This seems like a bit of a contradiction as People buy these products so that they can get full use of everything on the Fitbit  as they have lots of functions 

Best Answer

Sorry but just read the reply that the woven strap shouldnt be worn to sleep exercise but the fitbit is a tracker or excerise and sleep mine isnt even a month old yet and is disgusting so disappointed i chose this one 

Best Answer
I cleaned the purple band with a small amount of Persil Detergent and
water. Soak the band for a few minutes. Rinse thoroughly under running
water. The band will look new again..someone used Eco stained remover. The
Versa is a sleep tracker so you can wear the Vera when you sleep.
Best Answer

White vinegar kills bacteria and smells. Rinse after use. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Persil Detergent

Best Answer
0 Votes