Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei Nova2i

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Charge 2 was a big disappointment. Questions: Does fitbit versa the improved version? Does it sync and connect with my huawei nova2i? Does it have battery level icon?

Moderator edit: Format

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Stephenlou  The Huawei Nove 2i is not listed as a compatible device for the Fitbit app.  I suspect you will have the same problem with the Versa and your phone as you do with your Charge 2 and your phone.  That is an Android app/phone issue and not a tracker issue.

The battery level can been seen by swiping the screen.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
14 REPLIES 14

@Stephenlou  The Huawei Nove 2i is not listed as a compatible device for the Fitbit app.  I suspect you will have the same problem with the Versa and your phone as you do with your Charge 2 and your phone.  That is an Android app/phone issue and not a tracker issue.

The battery level can been seen by swiping the screen.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Hi, there! @LZeeW 

As @Stephenlou has mentioned, if your device is not listed here in the Supported devices page then it is not compatible. This means our team did not test it with Fitbit devices. If you own any alternate mobile devices that are listed, then please give Versa a try.  

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had a fitbit surge for a long time and it worked with my nova2i phone.   I upgraded to the ionic and it just wont work.   So I have paired my watch to my laptop and everyday I sync to my laptop and then the phone app syncs online and updates the stats.

Disadvantages are of course that I have to sync to my laptop which means i only get an updated look at the stats in the evening rather than throughout the day.   Also I cant use any of the messaging functions or notification functions on the watch.

my partner has a huawei p9 and the fitbit ionic and hers works magic.  I don't know or understand how  fitbit can not work with a modern phone running android 8.  hopefully they will get a fix for it soon.

Best Answer

Would Huawei Nova 2i be considered been tested? I don't want to update my new phone and if I had of known it wasn't compatible with the versa I may have made a different choice really frustrating not been able to sync or receive notifications and to receive notifications was a big choice for me due to the nature of my job.  

Best Answer

Have you already the phone and watch?   I don't know about the versa but the ionic definitely does not work with the nova 2i. I wouldn't back the versa working 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yip already have the phone and received the versa for a gift from my family
weeks apart. Frustrating I can't sync/receive notifications.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Try Fitbit Notifications app in the Play Store. Make it your default messaging app. Configure other apps within that app. See if that helps you at all. Also, what firmware is your Versa? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks I will give it a try
Firmware 32.32.10.15
Best Answer
0 Votes

Here's a possible fix for you..

Go into phone settings, find the section for location services. Then there should be either a scanning section or press the 3 dots button for advanced settings (depends on Android version) In there look for Bluetooth background scanning and uncheck the box. Restart the phone and try to pair up.

Hope this helps, worked on my other halfs p10 lite. It's apparently something to do with the way Huawei Devs code their Bluetooth stack, they claim to be looking into changing it...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have figured out how to get my phone and Fitbit to sync and it works all the time.  Unpair the versa Bluetooth. Turn on my WIFI or data sometimes I do need to restart my phone.  Once connected to WiFi or data my versa will sync notifications come through I can turn off the wifi and data it continues to works.  You could try this if your still having to sync via computer. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please please please do test on Huawei Nova 3. I got Versa and Ionic, both can't sync with the phone. It's only sync once during the first time I installed the fitbit app. Please pleasd. It's been a month. I need it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Interesting that it says this is solved when it still doesn't work.   Eibendee ip talking to Huawei support and sent them videos of every day it doesn't work.   They offered me a new phone of I sent my phone to fonefix in Auckland .   Several emails and phone calls to fonefix and no response . Huawei support keep promising a new phone even though I have given up talking to them and they have never asked for a postal address.  They just keep saying send my phone to a company and they will sent me a new phone .  It's all a bit too hard really 

Best Answer
0 Votes

You are a genius! I can't believe no one has responded to tell you this. Your suggestion worked like a charm. You're my Fitbit Huawei Hero!

Best Answer
0 Votes

To continue that story.  After some too~ing and fro~ing Huawei actually sent me the nova 3i.  Unfortunately it didn't work with fitbit either so I scrapped it and brought a p20 Pro which works flawlessly.   I think the I series phone just don't work. 

Best Answer
0 Votes