Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incompatibility with Pixel 2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My versa does not allow me to control music or receive notifications, rendering it useless as a smartwatch. It's very disappointing that Fitbit does not support the latest flagship phone for one of the largest technology companies on the planet. Is there a timeline on when this will be supported or should I return this device?

Best Answer
77 REPLIES 77

That's odd, mine is completely compatible with my Pixel 2 XL.....No issues at all, as a matter of fact I love this watch!

Best Answer

Works for me on pixel 2 running latest 8.1 April security patch. Just need Reply to text. 

Best Answer

Mine works inconsistently with my Pixel 2. Connection drops, notifications come and go. I'm not sure if the problem is Fitbit or Google, I have trouble connecting the Pixel 2 to other bluetooth things as well. It was the same with the Ionic and the Blaze on this phone. 

Best Answer

Has anything changed since you posted this yesterday? I have a Pixel 2 XL and am still waiting on my pre-ordered Versa (which is a whole other problem right now). I remember when I got my Charge 2 I had some issues setting it up but it did work. 

Versa, Pixel 2XL
Best Answer
I did get the notifications to work however it does not control music.
Best Answer

Hello everyone, I hope you're having a great day. @Rawteq and @Whaters90, it's great to have you on board, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

Please note that many Android phones, like the Google Pixel 2 have all the hardware requirements to be a supported device but are currently not on our list of supported devicesThis means that we have not tested it for compatibility and added it to the list yet. For the time being, we don't have an specific date or time-frame of when is going they will be listed as compatible. 

While these devices has all the specifications to be compatible and are currently working with the Fitbit app, it's possible to come across some issues along the way. I appreciate your understanding while we work to improve this experience, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes
You are able to control music playing on your pixel 2 using your versa?

I love this watch too, now that I got the notifications to work. :):)
Best Answer
0 Votes

With respect, Marco, I think we would all agree that Fitbit should be testing and supporting these new flagship phones, especially ones that have been out for months (like the Pixel 2) before shipping the Versa.

With the music control issues, sleep-tracking issues, heart-rate issues and now numerous people reporting problems with the Pixel (me included!), it's clear that the Versa is basically a beta product, not ready for customers.

Moderator Edit: Format.

Best Answer

Hello @Whaters90, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. It's nice to see you around @MDLynch, thanks for joining the conversation. Smiley Happy

@Whaters90, in order to use Music Control with your mobile device, please follow these steps:

1. Open the Music app of your choice on your phone.
  2. From any screen on your watch, press and hold the back button and swipe to the Music Controls screen. You may see the current track playing or the most recently played track. 
  3. To open additional controls, tap the 3 dots (...) in the bottom left corner.
  4. Tap the phone icon to change the audio source to your phone. Then use your watch to control the song or audio playing on your phone.

@MDLynch, We really appreciate our members's input and feedback and I would like to thank you for yours. Our team is always looking to improve the Fitbit experience and is always working towards including new phones on the list of compatible devices. Please note that even if some devices have already been tested it's irresponsible on my part to set false expectations for then they will be included on the list. 

I appreciate your patience and understanding, please keep an eye on future announcements. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarcoGFitbit I completely understand that you are being responsible in not saying that a device that hasn't been approved as supported is supported - good on your part, really. I didn't mean to call you out personally, and I apologize it I came across rudely.

I just think it's annoying of Fitbit to release a device before it's been certified as working with the kinds phones that we can reasonably expect people to own and try using the device with. Flagship phones like the Note8 and Pixel 2/XL in particular.

Best Answer

Would just like to voice that I bought a blaze the other day and am having connectivity issues most likely relating to it not being on the list, very dissapointed and not at google! Also why is there no option in food tracking for burgers/breakfast without buns or wraps,? This is a fitness app and many people eat reduced carbs...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @LouisLeBail, I hope you're doing well, thanks for joining the conversation. Thanks for taking the time to reply @MDLynch, I appreciate it. 

@MDLynch and @LouisLeBail I understand your frustration and would like to apologize for the inconveniences this situation has caused you. 

@LouisLeBail, thanks for bringing this to my attention. Please note that even if you're not able to find the food you're looking for when logging it, you can always add your custom food by going to the food section of the online Dashboard and click on "Create a new food" under the Favorites section.. Additionally, it's possible to connect a 3rd party app like MyFitnessPal, which has an extensive food database and this information can be linked with your Fitbit account. 

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer

Since this comment i have found myfitnesspal and coughed up the 40 bucks for premium, i feel that a 200$ piece of technology today shouldn't need the excess apps although its great they work in harmony.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am hoping to upgrade to the Versa tracker, however this issue of compatibility with the Google pixel 2xl is giving me pause. How can you release a new device that isn't compatible with a phone that has been out for 6 months? I have been suffering with the incompatibility with my Alta, assuming it would be fixed with the new device. When will Fitbit catch up so those of us that have newer Google pixel phones can use our Fitbit devices properly? 

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue as @Whaters90 with Music Control not working, but on an original Pixel (which is listed as a supported device).  Other users are having the same issues, more details here: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Versa/Music-controls-issue/m-p/2644538

Please look into this...it's the only thing keeping the Versa from being the great smartwatch it could be!  Thanks!

Best Answer

I have the same issues list in this post. I can get notifications about 80% of the time, but no music control at all. I have tried every trick and tip I could find. The curious thing to me is prior to the OS update in the Ionic I had zero problems. After the update I have had nothing but troubles with my watch. Is there anyway I can roll back the OS until these issues are resolved? 

Best Answer

So I uninstalled the app, factory reset my watch, and now can't connect when the phone funds my watch. I have reset the phone, it is charged, I turned Bluetooth off and back on.. I'm holding a wearable that doesn't even function as a watch. I'm disappointed. I'll be returning today. Your support is lacking and I'm not selling phones. I won't be returning to the Fitbit brand. I was so looking forward to this watch because of its size. 

Best Answer

@MarcoGFitbit@

‎to your comment at 04-19-2018 07:53

Thankss for responding. When I do all that

(which I have already tried by reading the Fitbit help documentation) it just says "no phone connected". When i try to connect to the versa through bluetooth classic, it just says "start playing music on your phone" --- even though I am. 

Best Answer

Has anyone heard anything about Fitbit working on these issues? Just went from the blaze to a versa and I have a pixel XL 2. I didn't know it wasn't compatible and now very mad. Also Spotify would be so nice 

Best Answer