Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incompatibility with Pixel 2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My versa does not allow me to control music or receive notifications, rendering it useless as a smartwatch. It's very disappointing that Fitbit does not support the latest flagship phone for one of the largest technology companies on the planet. Is there a timeline on when this will be supported or should I return this device?

Best Answer
77 REPLIES 77

Maybe Fitbit OS 2.1 improves the situation (see pinned thread).

Best Answer
0 Votes

Despite what Fitbit says, my Versa is working perfectly with my pixel 2 XL.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@winter128

How did you get your Fitbit to change and pause music playing from your pixel 2 XL? Thanks. 

Best Answer

I can't get the Bluetooth to sync. I get no notifications and I know it's a complaint but I wish it was Spotify compatible 

Best Answer

My versa has worked perfectly since I uninstalled and reinstalled watch. It updates and syncs without fall with my Pixel 2.

Best Answer

Did you just uninstall the Fitbit app? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I uninstalled and factory reset the watch, cleared the device feel my Bluetooth connections, then reinstalled and paired.

Best Answer

Is there an idiot guide to getting notifications and controlling music... I'm struggling

Best Answer
0 Votes

I, too, have a pixel 2 and was given a Versa for mother's day. I even went and already sold my old Fitbit because I was excited for this one. Can't get the freaking thing to connect no matter what I do!! Should I just return it and wait til a newer model comes (which could be months) or keep it and wait out for an app update that supports the pixels?

Best Answer

I can't believe the flagship Pixel2 XL isn't supported and there is no date for it to be looked at? This is terrible and now I have to go return my Versa. 

Best Answer

I'm wondering the same thing. 😭

Best Answer
0 Votes
I managed to get my WhatsApp,emails and calls to connect but never got
texts to work
Best Answer
0 Votes

I posted this in another discussion about not receiving text notifications. I am not getting ALL of my notifications yet, but my Pixel 2 is syncing and I am getting my call and text notifications. I still do this once a day.

I found some instructions for changing the bluetooth settings in developer mode that has helped my situation. However, I still have to go through a complicated process to reset and reconnect everything as often as once a day. After doing this, (I think) I get all of my notifications again. This is what I have been doing:

1. Turn off bluetooth in the phone.
  2. Go to settings and force stop FitBit app.
  3. Still in settings, go to storage(?) for FitBit app and clear cache.
  4. Clear all notifications.
  5. Close all recently used apps.
  6. Power phone off.
  7. Restart Versa (holding left and bottom right button for 10ish seconds until the FitBit logo appears)
  8. Power phone back on.
  9. Restart bluetooth.
  10. Restart Fitbit app.

It's not a perfect solution, but it works for me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Ahh thanks for the tip... Will try later, so annoying as I love the watch
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit charge won't connect to my pixel 2xl either. Won't be buying another!

Best Answer
0 Votes

How did you get your pixel 2 and versa to sync anything?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got a versa. Synced it and everything. It disconnected from my Pixel 2 XL via bluetooth. tried re-connecting via classic, and I can't control the music and it stopped syncing. I had the same problem with my blaze when I switched from Apple to Android, but my blaze eventually paired with my phone via classic. I'm definitely considering taking this back as I'm not sure this product has all its kinks worked out...

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Versa was working fine with my Pixel 2 XL and then today, nothing.  Tried many times and no luck.  Factory reset and still had issues.  Tried setting it up on my PC and wouldn't work there.  Finally I called Fitbit.  Apparently they Pixel 2 XL is not a compatible phone which is shocking to me, and the watch can't be set up on a PC just synced. 

Talk about a catch 22.  

So now I am not sure if I should press on trying to get things to work like they use to or simply return the device and call it a day.  Is there a master list of compatible devices floating around somewhere on these forums? 

Ah, found it!

fitbit.com/devices

What a let down. 

Best Answer

I really hope that Fitbit is working on addressing these compatibility issues with the Pixel 2/2 XL.   I'm a longtime Fitbit product owner (>5 years - Flex, Charge HR, Charge 2, and Aria) and would love to upgrade from my Charge 2 to a Versa, but find it absurd that Fitbit is still not compatible with a flagship phone running pure Android that was released 9 months ago. 

Fitbit's management should keep in mind that a flagship phone purchase is much bigger than a wearable or smart watch - in the event of compatibility issues, that means the device will be replaced rather than the phone.   I'm basically at the point of buying a different smart watch instead of the Versa, and won't be getting the Aria 2 as planned, because of this.  

Best Answer

Right!  I too am a long time Fitbit user and I got the versa before I knew about the incapability issues, I restart my phone often, have reset the versa and reconnected it several times, with hopes that this will finally be the time it clicked...

Best Answer
0 Votes