Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ineligble for account

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I gave my daughter a Versa for her 15th birthday. She is not able to set up an FitBit account - she gets "Code #541 - You are ineligble for an account". She has submitted an email - but it can take up to three days to get response. This is not good, as she wish to use her present! Anyone that can help?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@line76 Under our latest privacy policy and the GDPR which will go into effect at the end of May, persons under the age of 16 in some countries cannot sign up for an account without parental consent. We will be launching family accounts on our Fitbit Ace device in late May which will allow parents to sign up for kids’ accounts.

@Odyssey13 lovely to see you, thanks for your help! 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

@line76

Give a call to customer support's phone (877)623-4997 between the hours of 4am-8pm PST Mon-Fri, and 6am-5pm PST on weekends, if you're in the USA OR Canada.

Let us know what happens.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

I live in Norway.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was able to reach Customer service. Apperantly they have a new age limit for account set to 16 year. Not super happy about this - as we are not told this when we bought the FitBit Versa. 

Best Answer

@line76 Under our latest privacy policy and the GDPR which will go into effect at the end of May, persons under the age of 16 in some countries cannot sign up for an account without parental consent. We will be launching family accounts on our Fitbit Ace device in late May which will allow parents to sign up for kids’ accounts.

@Odyssey13 lovely to see you, thanks for your help! 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer