Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Versa keeps stopping to sync with the app and I don't get any message call notifications

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I bought myslef a new fitbit Versa about 2 days ago. Set it up all fine. Then all of a sudden after 2 hours later it stopped syncing with my android phone - Honor. After reading some of the forms I reset the tracker and deleted everything from phones Bluetooth list. I then unpaired the tracker in fitbit app. Restarted everything and the tracker started syncing again. After waking up this morning I realised tracker wouldn't sync again! I don't get any notifications such as calls or texts either. I never did even though all was enabled. This is so frustrating. I just repeated the same steps and now it's not syncing. I previously had Charge 2 and had no problems with that. How can I fix this? I am so disappointed so far and not impressed. I tried deleting the app and reinstalling, still no luck. Thanks. Ras

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

When you say that you unpired from the app. do you mean that the tracker was removed from your fitbit account? 

This requires the tracker to be setup as if it is a new device, but first we need to fix the sync problem. 

For notifications the tracker needs to be listed in the phones Bluetooth. 

First thing I'm not sure about is if the tracker is connected to your Fitbit account 

Best Answer

Yes, I unpaired the tracker from my fitbit app then paired it again after the reset. It worked for a couple of hour and stopped again. I had to do it again last night and this morning it's not syncing again. There is definitely something wrong. What a shame this is! 

Best Answer

Having similar issues with my versa too. Has been syncing with my phone for the last week or so and now  it's suddenly stopped? The app opens and a notification pops up saying fitbit has stopped working. I've tried turning off blue tooth and reconnecting, that worked once and all seemed fine for a day, however, the past two days the same issues occurring.  How do I resolve it? So frustrating! 

Best Answer

OeoplePneed to stop telling Fitbit that I don't want to use the tracker when they have a sync problem. 

@RasimK it was the restart that fixed the tracker last time .

The frustrating part is when asking about a phone problem, people forget to mention the phone model. 

Have you looked at fitbits troubleshooting

Sorry @Sfay you say that your Fitbit app crashes when you open it, this is not the same issue of not being able to sync problem. 

Have you tried removing the app .

Check the phone for any updates. 

Restart the phone. 

Go to the http://www.fitbit.com/setup and install a fresh copy of the Fitbit app? 

Best Answer

Same issue worked well for over a month and now it stops after a little time

Best Answer

Same here! It was fine until 2 days ago. I keep getting messages saying "Fitbit had stopped", and asks if I want to report it or stop the app. I changed nothing. It started doing this on its own. Was there a recent update or something? (My phone is a Droid and up to date.)

Best Answer

Same here. Worked fine for a month and the last three days keeps stopping to work. I have uninstalled the app. I have cleared the Bluetooth on my phone (iPhone 6S plus - complete with latest updates). I have reset the FitBit. I have checked for updates. I don't know what the magic sequence is to fit this issue but it is making me want to send it back. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Honestly, there was a software update to the device that ended up making mine better. I still don't get all notifications but some is better than none.
Best Answer
0 Votes