Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Apple airpods disconnect from my versa while running

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I wanted to go for a run this morning (first time with my new Versa) and had no problem pairing my airpods. I started running with music working perfectly fine from my airpods. However after only 100metres the airpods disconnected from my versa and stopped playing. Whut? I heard a lot of crackeling noise and had to stop my exercise.

I tried repairing them but the problem doesn't seem to solve itself.

Anyone having the same problem? I am seriously considering returning my airpods.

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
17 REPLIES 17

Hey @SunsetRunner, it is nice to see new faces around! Woman Happy I appreciate that you have tried to unpair and repair your Airpods to fix this disconnecting issue. Beside that, I'd like you to try the following: 

- Restart your Versa

- Unpair and repair your airpods again 

- Make sure that your watch is on the same side as the receiver on the headphones

Let me know how it goes! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have exactly the same problem!!!

when I start running I hear the crackeling noise and the music stops...I am checking Versa settings the airpods are still connected and the music seems to play but I hear nothing..I have to pause and play to hear but when I start running  guess what ?MUSIC STOPS again!!!it is really frustrating...

Best Answer

Hey @Antonio23, welcome aboard! I'm sorry to hear about the inconveniences you have with your Versa and your Airpods. Let me ask you this, have you tried the tips that I posted above? If you haven't, please give it a try and let me know how it goes. 

I'll be around! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

already done the steps so many times nothing changed...I think it's a versa software bug or something..

Best Answer
0 Votes

It’s not the airpods that are at fault it’s the Versa.  Fitbit are working on it ☹️

Best Answer
0 Votes

The same problem with Fitbit Ionic. It must be a software problem, because the 2 watches are very alike. 

Best Answer

Fitbit released an update this morning- I haven’t tested my air pods with my Versa yet but I’m hoping the problem is resolved.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It didn’t resolve the issue ☹️

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Versa doesn't work reliably with Airpods and they cut out frequently.

One odd thing I've noticed is that when they cut out if you go to the music control app on the Versa and hit pause then play, you instantly get the sound back.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes I am aware of this thankyou. However once you start to run again it cuts out again. And this just repeats. Not ideal when trying to run.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree. Maybe wire free bluetooth headphones need a stronger signal than regular bluetooth heaphones. (Airpods work perfectly for running with an Apple Watch, btw.)

It would be great if Fitbit could let their customers know if:

(a) they are aware of a problem with their product and the Apple Airpods

or

(b) They feel the problem is with the Airpods

Best Answer
0 Votes

The problem is still there after trying what you suggested. Is Fitbit working on the problem? Cause it seems to be the Versa that is acting up when pairing to my airpods. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It s nov and j still have the same issue. Just got mine from Black Friday and now I m think of returning jt and getting a Apple Watch 😭 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @moonchild100, it is great to see new faces around! I can't guarantee that they will work but you can give a try of the following tips to avoid this from happening again: 

- Restart your Versa

- Unpair and repair your airpods again 

- Make sure that your watch is on the same side as the receiver on the headphones

Keep me posted! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Versa just doesn't work with AirPods and I was going to send it back because of that.

However, the alternatives are: Apple Watch (doesn't cut it as a fitness tracker and has pitiful battery life), Garmin (overpriced and cheap-looking), generic Android watch (fragmented market, big depreciation due to the constant product changes). So... I sold my AirPods instead.

I like the Versa and I think Fitbit are doing a lot right. I hope they have a future; it seems unlikely with the current pace of innovation.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for the info. I really hope they can provide a solution to this... i will still need my airpods when i'm at the gym using with my phone... maybe i will just get some other wireless earbud just for outdoor running... Any recommendations  guys?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Personally, I find the way the cable on reguar bluetooth headphones bounce around annoying. My solution was to buy a Flipbelt and use my wired apple headphones. The cable tucks neatly into the belt and because I have to carry the phone for the GPS, I figured I may as well used it for music too.

Best Answer
0 Votes