Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non-battery draining watch faces

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi all,

Just thought I'd through this one out there.

So, there's a lot of talk about battery usage and one factor seems to be the watch face you're using. They say an animated watch face is likely to drain more battery....this is quite vague though as all are animated in some way.

What I want to know is, how can you tell without testing if a watch face is going to drain the battery? Also, is there an unofficial list of faces that are battery kind, and equally importantly, which are not.

Personally, I"m using the "About time face" - very nice and allows my Versa to run a full 5 days. 

Best Answer
16 REPLIES 16

No list of ones gentle on power. But it not a big deal really - if you try one that chews i to your battery life, just change it for another! I have tried several faces over the time I have had mine and have not hit any that use up a lot of battery life, but I do prefer minimalistic faces without animations etc.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Thanks Nelly.

Okay, I'll just try some out I guess 🙂

I personally like the ones with a lot of data; Possibly the kind that eat your battery lol.

Thanks again.

Rob

Best Answer

Just wanted to add my experience, was getting around 4 days with custom faces / some of the Fitbit ones, now use the Fitbit one called layers, and I get 7 days, sometimes 6 sometimes 8.. that's with quick view off but notifications on.. so to me the face makes a huge diff but it does suck that the ones I like least hold the battery the longest. The ones I love chew through my battery.. I lose 12 % a day, and I changed it to another one now with more stats and lost 3 % in 2 hours! 

Best Answer

I don't think it's necessarily ones that are animated that are the issue, as the face is only on the display for a few seconds at a time. Personally I believe it comes down to how much data the face is providing and how often it is polling each of the API's to update this data.

Hopefully in the future fitbit will allow us to leave reviews for faces and apps. That would definitely help to give some insight without having to try it out yourself. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

Thanks for your reply. Interesting. The difference between 4 and 7 days is huge. I’ll have to try layers. I get 5 days and charge at 20% and am also using a Fitbit face - not sure the name but it’s stat heavy with bold green font on the left side.

Best Answer

I see what you mean Nathan. Definitely makes sense that those pulling in multiple data streams are going to need more juice. Great idea about ratings for faces. So many to choose from, sorting through them is pretty time-consuming.

Best Answer

@robkhoo wrote:

Thanks for your reply. Interesting. The difference between 4 and 7 days is huge. I’ll have to try layers. I get 5 days and charge at 20% and am also using a Fitbit face - not sure the name but it’s stat heavy with bold green font on the left side.

I believe the face you are using is "Stats" by Fitbit. This is the same face I use, I've decided to stick with Fitbit made faces. I tried a 3rd party one but as well as reducing battery life it also made my device very laggy. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

Yes, "Stats". Been using for the last 2 months and love it.

Best Answer

I just was using one that went through 52 percent from morning to night. It had a scrolling update on weather and while I loved all the info I hate waking up and not knowing the quality of my sleep because it died overnight when I thought the charge would suffice. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

i bought this stupid thing 2 weeks ago and it hasn’t lasted or 2 and 1/2 days, extremely annoying since my garmin lasted 6 days when i first got it. Seriously thinking about retuning this to the store cause it sucks 

Best Answer
0 Votes

i’ve had it on 3 hours and it’s down to 83 % already it’s ridiculous for what it costs 

Best Answer
0 Votes

not cool when you have to buy the majority of them 

Best Answer
0 Votes

That  doesn’t sound right. Mine lasts a full 5 days and I put it through a lot I.e at least 5 workouts s week.

ate you taking the GPS? That’ll drain it fast.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I turned all the gps off
*---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------*
*Trish Bunnell*
*Derby City Mixed Martial Arts / Derby City Strength & Conditioning*
*Gym Manager / Crossfit Level-1 Trainer / Strength & Conditioning Coach*
8021 Dixie Highway, Suite 102
Louisville, Kentucky 40258
502-937-8797

Virus-free.
www.avast.com

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>
Best Answer
0 Votes

 almost 6 days!!! 🙀🤯😳😍

B9CB0C01-D1DE-478B-9ED0-3B7EA9A54DC5.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

 Disable all day sync and put a good watch face on it I need to choose from anything with a black background and when I use I get six days battery life not even kidding👍🏻

CD34EA77-B5BD-41CA-9807-3794C9CCF1E4.png

Best Answer
0 Votes